Windows 10: PowerShell closes immediately

Discus and support PowerShell closes immediately in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am simply trying to open PowerShell and the application closes instantly. This happens when I try opening it as an Admin. I tried input command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SS-WQY, Oct 24, 2019.

1. SS-WQY Win User

PowerShell closes immediately

I am simply trying to open PowerShell and the application closes instantly. This happens when I try opening it as an Admin.

I tried input command 'powershell /' on command prompt in admin mode. it gives me an error: The shell cannot be started. A failure occurred during initialization: The type initializer for 'System.Management.Automation.LanguagePrimitives' threw an exception.

I also tried to search for some solutions online but there is not that much helpful information.

OS is windows10 19H1. Powershell should be the latest version, but it fails to open, I can't check its version now.

Please provide any helpful suggestions. Thanks in advance.

:)

SS-WQY, Oct 24, 2019

2. Windows Powershell Closes Immediately

• I got a Windows Update last Sunday.
    • I had a couple of GSOD issues. After rebooting several times, the computer did some system repair jobs by itself. But I'm not sure if this is related to the problem. I didn't have to use Windows Powershell before it happened.
    • I tried SFC, but it failed. I also tried DISM, which did not detect any problem.

bits_and_scraps, Oct 24, 2019
  3. The Weather Channel not working or closing immediately upon opening

Hi Jan,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

We appreciate your efforts on troubleshooting the issue. Since you have tried with different troubleshooting steps, I suggest you to run PowerShell command and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Open an Elevated Powershell prompt by pressing the Windows Key, typing Powershell, then pressing Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • Paste the following command into Powershell and execute it:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

1. PowerShell closes immediately - Similar Threads - PowerShell closes immediately

2. PowerShell closes immediately upon startup, even when running ISE or as an Admin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerShell closes immediately upon startup, even when running ISE or as an Admin.: I've tried many many things to get Powershell to work, such as:Turning PowerShell on and off in optional features and restarting.System maintenance.powershell -noexitpowershell -noprofileDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth followed by sfc.exe /scannow.Removing...
  3. Why does my PowerShell Closes immediately after selecting Run with PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PowerShell Closes immediately after selecting Run with PowerShell: I want to run a file using PowerShell but after after selecting Run with PowerShell. PowerShell closes immediately after launching. I couldn't capture the error message....
  4. Why does my PowerShell Closes immediately after selecting Run with PowerShell

Why does my PowerShell Closes immediately after selecting Run with PowerShell: I want to run a file using PowerShell but after after selecting Run with PowerShell. PowerShell closes immediately after launching. I couldn't capture the error message....
  5. PowerShell tab pops up and closes immediately every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell tab pops up and closes immediately every few minutes: Recently my PowerShell tabs keeps popping up and close immediately every few minutes for some reason its been driving me crazy. Is there anyway of fixing it ?the tab syswow64 windowspowershell v1.0 powershell.exethank you in advance...
  6. PowerShell tab pops up and closes immediately every few minutes

PowerShell tab pops up and closes immediately every few minutes: Recently my PowerShell tabs keeps popping up and close immediately every few minutes for some reason its been driving me crazy. Is there anyway of fixing it ?the tab syswow64 windowspowershell v1.0 powershell.exethank you in advance...
  7. PowerShell tab pops up and closes immediately every few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Powershell Closing Immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell Closing Immediately: I've looked all of the the internet and I cannot find any information that applies to this situation. Powershell closes immediately upon starting. When I run it in Command Prompt I get the following: Windows PowerShell terminated with the following error: Unable to...
  9. Apps closing immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps closing immediately: I'm having an issue where some apps are opening, then closing down immediately. The mouse changes to the "thinking" mode, the app never appears, then seems to close down. So the screen of the program never really shows up. This happens under both Admin and User accounts....
  10. Immediate closing of threads

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Immediate closing of threads: How come when so many of us are having problems with the updates causing major problems with our pc's, and we come and try to resolve it, we get the stock answer of how to stay updated, then the thread closes. Maybe someone out there has a solution to the problem, and you are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 powershell closes after launch

2. the shell cannot be started. a failure occurred during initialization the type initializer for system.management.automation.languageprimitives threw an exception.

3. powershell closing down after opening app?

4. powershell closes by itsel,
  5. powershell open and closes,
  6. The shell cannot be started. A failure occurred during initialization,
  7. powershell closes as soon as it opens