Windows 10: Powershell command for installing exe and msi

Discus and support Powershell command for installing exe and msi in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can someone help me with powershell commands for installing some exe and msi files from a pendrive? I have apps like Cisco Jabber (MSI), Cisco... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rkimber, Jul 29, 2019.

1. rkimber Win User

Powershell command for installing exe and msi

Can someone help me with powershell commands for installing some exe and msi files from a pendrive?

I have apps like Cisco Jabber (MSI), Cisco AnyConnect (exe), Dell Command Update (MSI), and Webex Teams(MSI) I need to add to my powershell script to automatically install the software.

1: Not sure how to set the script so it knows where the installer file is located on the pendrive.

2: Need proper syntax for auto installing an executable or MSI.

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

:)

rkimber, Jul 29, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Uninstall Photo app by using Powershell command

Hi Lorraine,

Thank you for posting your response.

I apologize for the miscommunication. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• 1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.

2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

3. Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

• get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage ( check the spacing)
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Retrieve and Install Sticky Notes via PowerShell

Hi Matty,

Reinstalling an application via PowerShell needs an administrator access to continue. If you have administrator access, you can follow the steps below to install Sticky Notes using PowerShell:

• Open PowerShell with admin rights. To do so, type Windows
      PowerShell in the search box to see PowerShell in results, right-click on PowerShell, and then click
      Run as administrator option.
    • In the PowerShell prompt, type the following command and press the Enter key:

Get-Appxpackage –Allusers

Scroll down and locate the entry of the app that you want to reinstall and copy the package name. Since you are looking for the Sticky Notes app, locate the Sticky Notes entry, and then copy the package name of Sticky Notes.
    • Now, you will need to execute the following command to add the app:

Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PackageFullName\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode

Replace PackageFullName term in the above command with the copied PackageFullName information from step 2.

If you do not have an administrator access to your computer, we suggest that you contact your IT admin to be able to install Sticky Notes via PowerShell.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Powershell command for installing exe and msi - Similar Threads - Powershell command installing

2. can't run/install some .exe/.msi files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't run/install some .exe/.msi files: when i start a .exe it works most of the time, but sometimes it won't start if it does not open, it often does when running it over the CMD, Run as Admin doesn't help, also when installing a .msi file, windows installer doesn't give me any errors app does not open & no error,...
  3. can't run/install some .exe/.msi files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't run/install some .exe/.msi files: when i start a .exe it works most of the time, but sometimes it won't start if it does not open, it often does when running it over the CMD, Run as Admin doesn't help, also when installing a .msi file, windows installer doesn't give me any errors app does not open & no error,...
  4. Powershell command

Powershell command: Hi How can i get a list via powershell commandof expired users password in AD like this screenshot.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-command/54833831-89ba-4641-a5b2-2d55e848aab8
  5. Powershell command

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell command: Hi How can i get a list via powershell commandof expired users password in AD like this screenshot.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-command/54833831-89ba-4641-a5b2-2d55e848aab8
  6. Powershell command

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. powershell commands

powershell commands: I would like a PowerShell ISE command to open a .flac file at a certain time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-commands/ea3b6d02-cddd-419d-9ba5-a18f14e67ba5
  8. Disable installing software with exe and msi

Disable installing software with exe and msi: I have a Windows 10 PC (pro) and it's a shared PC at home. I have only 1 account on it and it's shared with the family. The main user is at administrator level and is only the main account we use. I could setup 3 accounts: 2 as a standard user and keep 1 as the...
  9. Disable installing software with exe and msi

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable installing software with exe and msi: I have a Windows 10 PC (pro) and it's a shared PC at home. I have only 1 account on it and it's shared with the family. The main user is at administrator level and is only the main account we use. I could setup 3 accounts: 2 as a standard user and keep 1 as the...
  10. Add .exe or .msi packages to be installed (Windows ICD)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Add .exe or .msi packages to be installed (Windows ICD): Forgive me if I sound totally stupid for asking this but how do I use ICD to add apps such as MS Office 365, Chrome etc using Windows ICD because I can't find anything on search engines and the only option I can see allows .appx files and app bundles only. Please point me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. syntax for icd to install an exe