Windows 10: Powershell command to change application advance security settings in registry.

Discus and support Powershell command to change application advance security settings in registry. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In order to collect application data in the security audit logs for EventViewer the application permissions in the registry need to be adjusted. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MKnight1118, Aug 19, 2021.

1. Powershell command to change application advance security settings in registry.

In order to collect application data in the security audit logs for EventViewer the application permissions in the registry need to be adjusted. I have done this manually and have it working with Azure Sentinel. I need to deploy this across the entire range of assigned devices for all users. I have even tried to export the reg settings for the specific application but the permission set for it is not there. Below is a example of what I am trying to change.HKEY_USERS\SID#\SOFTWARE\ApplicationNameIn the application advance settings "Advance Security Settings" in the Auditing tab, apply full acce

:)

MKnight1118, Aug 19, 2021
  2. Joan Pin Win User

Windows PowerShell instead of Command Window

This issue in the Context Menu usually occurs if changes were made in the registry. May we know if you made any changes in the value of the registry of your device?

Based from the result of the SFC tool, there are some corrupted files found in the system. We suggest that you continue with the troubleshooting steps using the
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command, DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
      Enter.

Let us know if the steps provided above works for you.

Joan Pin, Aug 19, 2021
  3. Locked Powershell startup command in context menu

This solved my not being able to disable the 2 powershell scripts but why are they there in the first place?

kieronredmond, Aug 19, 2021
  4. Micah Bat Win User

Powershell command to change application advance security settings in registry.

Locked Powershell startup command in context menu

It seems that you cannot remove the folder because you don't have a permission to do so. To remove the two
    powershell.exe -noexit -command Set-Location '%V' on registry, we need first to set the permission to
    Everyone. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open CC Cleaner
    • Go to Context Menu
    • Right-click on powershell.exe -noexit -command Set-Location '%V'.
    • Click on Open in RegEdit.

• Right-click on the Powershell folder.
    • Click Permission
    • Click Advanced
    • Click Change
    • Type in "Everyone" without the quotation.
    • Click OK

Also set the Administrator's permission to Full Control. After doing so, you can now delete the
    Powershell folder. Be guided that you need to do a backup of your
    Registry before doing the steps.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Aug 19, 2021
Thema:

Powershell command to change application advance security settings in registry.

1. Powershell command to change application advance security settings in registry. - Similar Threads - Powershell command change

2. Change Registry Setting on command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Registry Setting on command prompt: so i change something in my registry, then i get bluescreen. I can't fix it because dont remember my password when you want to go to command prompt in bluescreen advanced settings. What do i do? please someone answer me, urgent....
  3. Change Registry Setting on command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Registry Setting on command prompt: so i change something in my registry, then i get bluescreen. I can't fix it because dont remember my password when you want to go to command prompt in bluescreen advanced settings. What do i do?...
  4. Change Registry Setting on command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Registry Setting on command prompt: so i change something in my registry, then i get bluescreen. I can't fix it because dont remember my password when you want to go to command prompt in bluescreen advanced settings. What do i do?...
  5. How do I use PowerShell commands to change Permissions for a Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I use PowerShell commands to change Permissions for a Registry: Hi, everyone I found the PowerShell command codes could deny full control permission of registry key, but them were imperfect and not met my need. The imperfect PowerShell command codes are as following. $path = "HKCU:\Control Panel\Keyboard" $Acl = Get-ACL $path...
  6. How do I use PowerShell commands to change Permissions for a Registry?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I use PowerShell commands to change Permissions for a Registry?: Hi, everyone My main objective is make the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2" more safer and not auto run programs. Secondly, I hoped the PowerShell command codes could batch run them automatically. Protected the...
  7. What are the PowerShell command codes could change the registry key?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are the PowerShell command codes could change the registry key?: Hi, everyone I want to change the permission to deny the registry key such as the picture attached as following. Firstly, I want to add a new user named as "everyone". Secondly, I want to change the permission of everyone to "deny full control". I want to use PowerShell to...
  8. Change Registry-Key with Powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Registry-Key with Powershell: Hi Forum I have a Problem with changing Registry-Keys with PowerShell. I use the following entry: $path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\UserChosenExecuteHandlers \StorageOnArrival" Set-ItemProperty -Path $path -Name Default -Value...
  9. Change Registry-Key with Powershell

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change Registry-Key with Powershell: Hi Forum I have a Problem with changing Registry-Keys with PowerShell. I use the following entry: $path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\UserChosenExecuteHandlers \StorageOnArrival" Set-ItemProperty -Path $path -Name Default -Value...
  10. Advanced Security Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Advanced Security Settings: I am receiving an error msg concerning Skype "Another program is using this file" I cannot access windowsapps. In Advanced Security Settings, I cannot change my access level to "Full" I am logged in as administrator but my access is not "Full". Also there are a number of...