Windows 10: PowerShell command to check if Microsoft Store is installed

Discus and support PowerShell command to check if Microsoft Store is installed in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As title says, I'd like to know if there is such command. 164490 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bersekz, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Bersekz Win User

PowerShell command to check if Microsoft Store is installed

As title says, I'd like to know if there is such command.

:)

Bersekz, Sep 14, 2020

2. Re-Installing the Microsoft Store

Hi Wisedred,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In this scenario we would suggest you to perform these steps to Reinstall and Re-Register all Windows apps for all accounts.

1. Press Windows + X key and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Copy and paste this command, then press enter:
      Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    3. Close the PowerShell command and restart the PC.
    4. Open Microsoft Store and install the game.

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check if you are able to open Microsoft Store and then install the game, refer this article to
    create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Uninstall Photo app by using Powershell command

Hi Lorraine,

Thank you for posting your response.

I apologize for the miscommunication. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• 1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.

2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

3. Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

• get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage ( check the spacing)
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Uninstall Photo app by using Powershell command

Hi Lorraine,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might have occurred because of wrong command. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Right click on Start button and select Command prompt (admin).
    • Type the command get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage hit
      Enter.

Note: Before performing these steps close all the application and store.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

1. PowerShell command to check if Microsoft Store is installed - Similar Threads - PowerShell command check

2. Microsoft Store won't install via PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store won't install via PowerShell: I had to uninstall the store because it wasn't launching properly. To reinstall it, I've launched PowerShell as administrator and have pasted the following commands:Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  3. Microsoft Store won't install via PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store won't install via PowerShell: I had to uninstall the store because it wasn't launching properly. To reinstall it, I've launched PowerShell as administrator and have pasted the following commands:Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  4. Microsoft Store - PowerShell or CMD Manual Install???

Microsoft Store - PowerShell or CMD Manual Install???: I'm runing Windows 11 Home Edition. I tweaked my system for better performance via Scripts, and I inadvertently unistalled the Microsoft Store App. I do not want to perform a system restore or reinstall Windows 11 to get the Microsoft Store App back as it will undo the...
  5. Microsoft Store - PowerShell or CMD Manual Install???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store - PowerShell or CMD Manual Install???: I'm runing Windows 11 Home Edition. I tweaked my system for better performance via Scripts, and I inadvertently unistalled the Microsoft Store App. I do not want to perform a system restore or reinstall Windows 11 to get the Microsoft Store App back as it will undo the...
  6. Microsoft store install command not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store install command not working: My Microsoft store suddenly stopped working. It doesn't appear in the apps list either. I try installing using Windows PowerShell, but it doesn't work.This is after I try running Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode...
  7. Microsoft store install command not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store install command not working: My Microsoft store suddenly stopped working. It doesn't appear in the apps list either. I try installing using Windows PowerShell, but it doesn't work.This is after I try running Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode...
  8. Microsoft store install command not working

9. Microsoft Store Install via PowerShell fails

Microsoft Store Install via PowerShell fails: I need to reinstall the MS Store. using the PowerShell command I get: Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF0, Package could not be opened. error 0x80070003: Opening file from location: AppxBundleManifest.xml failed with error: The system cannot find...
  10. Microsoft Store Not Re-installing via Powershell.

Microsoft Store Not Re-installing via Powershell.: After attempting to install Sea of Thieves via the Microsoft Store, and failing due to some error. I have tried to reinstall the Microsoft Store, as a previous thread said I had to enter the the command: Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program...