Windows 10: PowerShell Command to uncheck "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared...

Discus and support PowerShell Command to uncheck "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I need to find a command in PowerShell to uncheck "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared Internet connection" when Internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Codenivore, Dec 15, 2021.

1. PowerShell Command to uncheck "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared...

Hi,I need to find a command in PowerShell to uncheck "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared Internet connection" when Internet Share is active. Your help will be very appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Codenivore, Dec 15, 2021
  2. Trouble Win User

How Allow Other Network Users to Control or Disable Shared Internet

How Allow Other Network Users to Control or Disable the Shared Internet Connection check box works ?

After google search:
    Check the Allow Other Network Users to Control or Disable the Shared Internet Connection check box only if you want others to be able to manipulate the Internet connection

I understand what it says,
    But don't know how test it.
    1st Test that I did:
    So,
    I enabled the internet connection sharing in windows and check the Allow Other Network Users to Control or Disable the Shared Internet Connection check box .
    Then sign out from this account and sign in to another user account on the same laptop.
    Result ?
    I can still enable or disable internet connection sharing also check or uncheck Allow Other Network Users to Control or Disable the Shared Internet Connection check box.

2nd Test:
    So,
    I enabled the internet connection sharing in windows check or uncheck the Allow Other Network Users to Control or Disable the Shared Internet Connection check box .
    Result ?
    I am able to set an static IP Address, check or uncheck Allow Other Network Users to Control or Disable the Shared Internet Connection check box on the laptop that don't have internet connection
    Then I try to enable internet connection sharing on another laptop which internet connections shared by the laptop that I enable internet connection sharing with.
    As trying to enable internet connection on another laptop that don't have internet connection getting the error message:
    Internet connection sharing cannot be enabled. A LAN connection is already configured with the IP address required for automatic IP addressing
    So,
    That's normal.

So,
    Again how test out Check the Allow Other Network Users to Control or Disable the Shared Internet Connection check box only if you want others to be able to manipulate the Internet connection does work ?

Trouble, Dec 15, 2021
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Dec 15, 2021
  4. DTG1 Win User

PowerShell Command to uncheck "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared...

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

Thema:

PowerShell Command to uncheck "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared...

1. PowerShell Command to uncheck "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared... - Similar Threads - PowerShell Command uncheck

2. Powershell command "net users"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell command "net users": I recently did a powershell search using 'net users'. It brought up all the accounts in my windows 10 computer. it showed 3 accounts: a 'default acct' with a name that I apparently created a long time ago. it also showed a 'guest acct' with another name. it also showed a name...
  3. Powershell command "net users"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell command "net users": I recently did a powershell search using 'net users'. It brought up all the accounts in my windows 10 computer. it showed 3 accounts: a 'default acct' with a name that I apparently created a long time ago. it also showed a 'guest acct' with another name. it also showed a name...
  4. Powershell command "net users"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. PowerShell Command to uncheck "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell Command to uncheck "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared...: Hi,I need to find a command in PowerShell to uncheck "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared Internet connection" when Internet Share is active. Your help will be very appreciated. Thanks....
  6. PowerShell Command to uncheck "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PowerShell Command to uncheck "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared...: Hi,I need to find a command in PowerShell to uncheck "Allow other network users to control or disable the shared Internet connection" when Internet Share is active. Your help will be very appreciated. Thanks....
  7. Disable or at least allow user to control Delivery Optimization Service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable or at least allow user to control Delivery Optimization Service: Like i said in the subject, hot to stop or at least allow user with F*CKING low bandwidth to control usage of useless Delivery Optimization Service. I've doing more than Microsoft suggest to control that service. Disable automatic update, control BITS on Service, doing...
  8. Entire user folder is shared even though "Share this folder" unchecked

Entire user folder is shared even though "Share this folder" unchecked: Windows 10 Home 1803. If I check the "Sharing" tab in my User folder properties, it shows up as shared. So I go into Advanced Sharing to uncheck the "Share this folder" box, but it's not checked. Logged into the share with my phone, and sure enough, everything is shared. Why...
  9. Entire user folder is shared even though "Share this folder" unchecked

in Windows 10 Support
    Entire user folder is shared even though "Share this folder" unchecked: Windows 10 Home 1803. If I check the "Sharing" tab in my User folder properties, it shows up as shared. So I go into Advanced Sharing to uncheck the "Share this folder" box, but it's not checked. Logged into the share with my phone, and sure enough, everything is shared. Why...
  10. Disable network sharing

Disable network sharing: If you're not seeing the Computer Browser in Services .... The Computer Browser service relies on SMBv1 and the browser service is uninstalled if the SMBv1 client or server is uninstalled. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...r-version-1709