Windows 10: Powershell common DLL not responding Windows 10

Discus and support Powershell common DLL not responding Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So im trying to get a Wii u adapter to work on my computer and whenever i try to calibrate my controller, it comes up with a powershell error. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zachi2_fox, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Powershell common DLL not responding Windows 10

So im trying to get a Wii u adapter to work on my computer and whenever i try to calibrate my controller, it comes up with a powershell error. This is the only time I run into issues and other people who use the software, with windows 10, have no clue what is going on.

:)

zachi2_fox, Jan 14, 2020

2. Windows Shell Common Dll has stopped working

Hi Thomas,

A DLL file contains data and sets of functions that other programs in Windows use on a daily basis. The
    Windows Shell Common DLL is not responding error indicates that the Windows Shell Common DLL has crashed due to some error. Usually, Windows will crash after attempting to make changes in the configurations of the audio devices or recording
    devices.

To resolve the issue, we suggest that you install appropriate audio drivers. Incompatible audio device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. Make sure that you are using a stable version of drivers instead of any Beta version.
    You can download earlier version of the drivers for your operating system from the computer model manufacturer’s website and install it through Device Manager.

If the issue persists, install the driver in compatibility mode. You may refer to the steps below:

• Right-click on the driver and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop-down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jan 14, 2020
  3. windows shell common dll not responding

I managed to resolve the issue by updating audio drivers. But the error regarding windows shell common dll not responding is still appearing when i go to audio settings, as can be seen from the screenshot which i earlier posted.

Plz guide me

GeetheshBhat, Jan 14, 2020
  4. JyoBoral Win User

Powershell common DLL not responding Windows 10

Audio driver crashing, Playback devices tab not responding, windows shell common dll not responding :/

Hey Jarius, thanks for the suggestion.

I tried the system restore, it worked perfectly fine, and my audio was back to normal.

But, when I tried to do the same thing as I had done above. Its back to its messed up state.

audiodg is taking up 90% of my CPU.

But one thing is that, I am able to open playback devices, I tried disabling enhancements and stuff but when go to the advanced tab and try changing the format, the tab crashes saying "windows shell common dll not responding".

Please help :/ should I try a restart?

JyoBoral, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Powershell common DLL not responding Windows 10

1. Powershell common DLL not responding Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Powershell common DLL

2. DWrite.dll was not found, Windows Explorer not responding, and Windows Powershell error...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DWrite.dll was not found, Windows Explorer not responding, and Windows Powershell error...: Hello Microsoft, I have problems with my windows 10 laptop.Every time I opened my Windows Explorer in doesn't work, it stay as a white background then when I click the close button it hangs. Then when I opened my task manager, click the windows explorer, it doesn't say 'end...
  3. Windows 10 Not Responding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Not Responding: Hello Reddit, after mercilessly searching for answers the internet has failed to help me, I have always seen reddit posts solving peoples issues with games, computers, etc , so I am hoping you can help. The issues all started when I installed my new RTX 3090, every time I...
  4. msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll not found? Tried commonly suggested solutions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    msvcp140.dll and vcruntime140.dll not found? Tried commonly suggested solutions: I've been trying to run Civilization VI via the epic games launcher and i keep getting error messages that msvcp140 and vcruntime140 dll's aren't found. I've only had this computer a few days so i don't know yet if it's causing errors elsewhere but so far just with this...
  5. VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll missing in Windows 10

VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll missing in Windows 10: In trying to open a particular program (On1 Resize 2019) in my brand new computer running Windows 10, I get the following messages: The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found and The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was...
  6. Windows 10 "Not Responding"

Windows 10 "Not Responding": Very frequently, on many different apps, including windows Task Manager, etc, I get Not Responding printed in upper left corner. The computer then freezes for several seconds, and then resumes working....
  7. Microphone Format stuck on telephone quality, Windows Shell Common Dll crashes.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Format stuck on telephone quality, Windows Shell Common Dll crashes.: Hello, after browsing through many questions on this platform I have been left dumbfounded on how to fix this issue. My CORSAIR Void Pro was working fine on Windows 7, and upon upgrading to Windows 10 has been locked on Telephone Quality and can not be set to DVD or CD...
  8. Game Controller Settings Window (Windows Common Shell DLL) freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Controller Settings Window (Windows Common Shell DLL) freezes: As the title says, I've had this issue since around 1st the June now when a Windows update came out. What happens is that seemingly regardless if I have controllers plugged in or not, and if it's plugged in, it doesn't matter what kind of controller I plug in, the Game...
  9. Error Windows Shell Common Dll has stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error Windows Shell Common Dll has stopped working: Hello All,first my problem is while i changing my mouse pointer theme,this error appeard to me *Sick Windows Shell Common Dll Has Stopped Working 22574
  10. Windows Shell Common DLL Stopped Working on Sound Properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Shell Common DLL Stopped Working on Sound Properties: When I access the context menu on Sound properties, it crashes, saying "Windows Shell Common DLL Stopped Working". I have Realtek HD audio and Intel Display Audio (HDMI out) audio devices. I can't access any function from the context menu, such as setting the highlighted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Powershell not working win 10 2020