Windows 10: Powershell Create local users?

Discus and support Powershell Create local users? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello everyone, does anybody know why it's not working? # * TITLE: Part Task 1 # Version: 1.0 # Author: xxxxx # Date: 03 April 2020 b]#... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Polki249, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Polki249 Win User

Powershell Create local users?

Hello everyone, does anybody know why it's not working?

# * TITLE: Part Task 1

# Version: 1.0

# Author: xxxxx

# Date: 03 April 2020

b]# Description: Read out and output an Excel file[/b]

b]# Restrict programming mode (MUST-HAVE at the TBZ!)[/b]

set-psdebug -strict

set-strictmode -version latest

#variable declaration

[string]$A1=""

[string]$A2=""

#Open file:

$myExcel = New-Object -comobject Excel.Application

#Path

$myWorkBook = $myExcel.Workbooks.Open("C:\User.xlsx")

#Open workbook

$myWorkSheet = $myWorkBook.sheets.item("User")

#Open table

$myExcel.Visible = $True

b]#Read out lines A1 and A2 [/b

b][string]$A1 = $myWorkSheet.Cells.Item(1,1).Text [/b]

b][string]$A2 = $myWorkSheet.Cells.Item(2,1).Text [/b]

$myExcel.Quit()

b]Remove-Variable myWorkSheet, myWorkBook, myExcel [/b]

# Create user

b] $A2 = ConvertTo-SecureString -String "P@ssw0rd" -AsPlainText -Force[/b]

New-LocalUser -Name $A1 -AccountExpires "31.12.2020" -Password $A2

#** HERE THE PROGRAM ends [/i]

:)

Polki249, Aug 6, 2020

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Problem after creating a local user

Hello Dong,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that you are facing performance issues in the local account you are referring to.

I would suggest you to follow the below recommended methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Method 2:

If issue persist, kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Powershell Create local users? - Similar Threads - Powershell Create local

2. How to create local MS User Account using powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create local MS User Account using powershell: I know how to create or enable local account with MS Account using Settings UII know how to create local account with PowerShell or NET USER commandBUTIs there ANY WAY to create local, cloud enabled account Local Account binded to MS Account using PowerShell...
  3. How to create local MS User Account using powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to create local MS User Account using powershell: I know how to create or enable local account with MS Account using Settings UII know how to create local account with PowerShell or NET USER commandBUTIs there ANY WAY to create local, cloud enabled account Local Account binded to MS Account using PowerShell...
  4. How To: Create local users or admins remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Create local users or admins remotely: You might encounter the need to create a local user, add it to the local admins remotely. Being if the user cannot log in or the local admin is lost. For the purpose you need to use PSTools which can be downloaded from here. Once downloaded open a command prompt as...
  5. created local user accounts not appearing at users folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    created local user accounts not appearing at users folder: problem at windows 10 home 1. users and groups not available at computer management. 2. i have created local user accountmultiple user accounts, but user account not created at users folder and not working/visible at lock/logging screen. 3. i have activated/enabled default...
  6. How to prevent creating local users

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent creating local users: I need to setup time restrictions for childs pc, which i did and it was fine for a couple of weeks. Then the kid found out he can just create a new local account... Some thing that are done, child is on standart account NOT admin, still can create a new local acc and even...
  7. Unable to create new local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to create new local user account: I'm on my Windows 10 Home PC logged in as Administrator local user and trying to create a new standard local user. I go to settings -> accounts -> other users I select "Add someone else to this PC" and it comes up with a new window headed "Local Users and Groups" telling me...
  8. How to create Local User Account using PowerShell in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create Local User Account using PowerShell in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you are unable to open Windows Settings panel and you want to create a new user account on your Windows 10 computer, then this article will help you. You can create a Local User Account using PowerShell. There are [...] This post How to create Local User...
  9. How To: Create local users or admins remotely

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How To: Create local users or admins remotely: You might encounter the need to create a local user, add it to the local admins remotely. Being if the user cannot log in or the local admin is lost. For the purpose you need to use PSTools which can be downloaded from here. Once downloaded open a command prompt as...
  10. Can't create a new local user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't create a new local user account: I use a local Administrator level account, not a Microsoft account and am trying to create a new local user account to do some testing, but it doesn't work. When I click on Add someone else to this PC, I get a grey box for a second which goes away and that's it. No error,...