Windows 10: Powershell Enter-PSSession -useSSL

Discus and support Powershell Enter-PSSession -useSSL in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Would you please confirm that the following should work when trying to connect a remote session to a host with self-signed certificate: WinRM... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Klaus D. Anders, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Powershell Enter-PSSession -useSSL

Hi,

Would you please confirm that the following should work when trying to connect a remote session to a host with self-signed certificate:

WinRM HTTPS listener configured with ComputerFQDN and self-signed certificate, HTTPS/ComputerFQDN:5986 SPN set

Enter-PSSession ComputerFQDN -UseSSL -SessionOption New-PSSessionOption -IncludePortInSPN -SkipCACheck

Many thanks.
    Klaus

:)

Klaus D. Anders, Jul 8, 2020
  2. BowPark Win User

Enable and use Powershell remoting

I have a Windows 10 Professional (Anniversary Update) machine PC1 with user user1 (Administrator) and a Windows 7 Professional machine PC2 with user user2 (Administrator). They both belong to a workgroup (not a domain) called MYWORKGROUP and they are in the same LAN, with private addresses (192.168.1.x).

Running Powershell as Administrator from user1 in PC1, I followed this guide as suggested in the comments and I also included PC1 in the list of trusted hosts of PC2 with

as suggested in the answer.

Then I logged in PC2 as user2 and ran from Powershell console

I gave my username as PC1\User2 and my PC1 password. Then I ran

The error it gives is now:

In such a scenario, what else should be done in order to make the Powershell console in PC2 able to run remote commands in PC1?

Note that user user2 exists in both PC1 and PC2 with (now) the same password; anyway, in PC1 it is not Administrator. Maybe should it?

BowPark, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Philippe2 Win User
    Powershell ISE 10 stopped working during refresh - Same commands in Powershell work fine

1. Clean install Windows 10

2. Running script in Powershell ISE 10.0.10240.16384 that worked fine in Windows 8.1

3. Random error (stopped working) apparently due to Refresh in the command Add-on "Failed to refresh ShowCommandRefreshError"

4. Same commands work fine in Powershell 10.0.10240.16384 (i.e. not the ISE)

5. Set of commands for info because the commands as such seem not to be the cause

6. I also used the command
    New-PSSession -ComputerName compname in Windows 8.1 but this gives a refresh error under Windows 10

Set-ItemWSMan:\localhost\Client\TrustedHosts–Value compname-Force

Enter-PSSession-ComputerNamecompname

Restart-Service-NameMSSQLSERVER-Force-WarningActionSilentlyContinue

Restart-Service-NameW3SVC-Force-WarningActionSilentlyContinue

Restart-Service-NameReportServer-Force-WarningActionSilentlyContinue

Restart-WebAppPool-NameByteinvest

Restart-WebAppPool-NameNavorming

Restart-WebAppPool-NameNavormingTienen

Exit-PSSession

Philippe2, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

Powershell Enter-PSSession -useSSL

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

Powershell Enter-PSSession -useSSL

1. Powershell Enter-PSSession -useSSL - Similar Threads - Powershell Enter PSSession

2. PowerShell Admin and PowerShell is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerShell Admin and PowerShell is not working: I cannot use PowerShell anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-admin-and-powershell-is-not-working/5609d07f-3986-4c10-aee8-6f243bc7123b
  3. Start Menu problem + attempt to enter code into powershell to solve it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu problem + attempt to enter code into powershell to solve it: HI, My computer is not able to use the start menu"Critical Error issue" after an auto-update. I tried to uninstall the update but it does not work. Then I entered the code Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle % {add-appxpackage -register...
  4. Windows Powershell - UAC prompt not entering foreground

Windows Powershell - UAC prompt not entering foreground: I've been having an issue where ONLY Powershell has been refusing to come to the foreground of Windows when I attempt to launch it as administrator. Every other program/exectuable I luanch forces the UAC into the foreground with the greyscale background. The UAC for...
  5. Powershell

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Powershell: [ATTACH] I have a application called waves central which is used for music plugins, and it has worked perfectly until recently. All of a sudden, I can not open it and it says "it does not have access to powershell" "powershell might have been damaged or removed on your...
  6. New-PSSession error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New-PSSession error: Hello i got the following error when i try to use that command: PS C:\Windows\System32> $S = New-PSSession -ComputerName [IP address] -p [port] -Credential **** PowerShell credential request Enter your credentials. Password for user ****: ********* New-PSSession:...
  7. Powershell

Powershell: What is Powershell and can I safely delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell/45b02eee-3266-4aa6-abb5-486ca3f0d5bd
  8. Enter-PSSession : Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enter-PSSession : Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.: Hello, I'm trying to create a script by reading PC Hostnames from a CSV file and I want brand, model and serial number to be returned, but I'm getting an error and I don't know whats happening at all... [ATTACH] Could you lend me a helping hand? I'm a newby with...
  9. how to read and enter script for powershell to reset my adminitrator settigs

how to read and enter script for powershell to reset my adminitrator settigs: I have some how got my windows pavilion settings all messed up and i found a script for powershell to help me reset it, but I am unsure how to read the script. I don't know which parts to enter into the powershell cmd and which parts are just direction. #Script to Reset...
  10. Powershell/Powershell admin missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell/Powershell admin missing: When finding a solution to remove skype today I came across a post here where the solution was found to use a powershell command. So I went to open it up and found out it was missing. I looked into it and found some other people with a similar problem, and they went to check...