Windows 10: PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell...

Discus and support PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HI, I am trying to install a powershellmodule and getting the below error message. install-module : The term 'install-module' is not recognized as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sudheer Gupta Parimi, Apr 14, 2021.

1. PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell...

HI,

I am trying to install a powershellmodule and getting the below error message.

install-module : The term 'install-module' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name,

or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

At line:1 char:1

+ install-module SharePointOnlinePowerShell

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: install-module:String [], CommandNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

i tried get-packageproviders and it seems to have Nuget package installed.

Name Version DynamicOptions

---- ------- --------------

msi 3.0.0.0 AdditionalArguments

msu 3.0.0.0

NuGet 3.0.0.1 Destination, ExcludeVersion, Scope, SkipDependencies, Headers, FilterOnTag, Contains, AllowPrereleaseVersions, ConfigF...

Programs 3.0.0.0 IncludeWindowsInstaller, IncludeSystemComponent

I tried all troubleshooting steps stated in thishttps://stackoverflow.com/questions/41585758/install-module-the-term-install-module-is-not-recognized-as-the-name-of-a-cm article, but they didn't help. any suggestions?

:)

Sudheer Gupta Parimi, Apr 14, 2021
  2. sml156 Win User

No PowerShell cmdlets recognized

I don't usually use ISE but it also worked for me

PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell... [​IMG]

sml156, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft releases Secret Management Preview 2 module for PowerShell

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/power...iew-2-release/

Brink, Apr 14, 2021
  4. PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell...

PowerShell cmdlet to manage audio devices

Hi,

I would love to see even more PowerShell cmdlets that let you manage the native settings in Windows 10.

I have two topics I would appreciate if someone from Microsoft could shed some light on

• Is there a long term goal to release PowerShell cmdlets for all settings you can configure in the Windows 10 GUI/Control panel?
    • It would be great to get native PowerShell cmdlet to managing audio/recording devices. To be able to select/change the default playback and recording devices could be of big help in an enterprise environment. One example could be to make sure the correct
      speaker and mic are selected when running a video conference system based on Windows 10.

Are the above topics something that are planned for future Windows 10 releases?

Regards Erik

* Moved from Insider *

Erik Droszcz, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell...

1. PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell... - Similar Threads - PowerShell error Install

2. powershell cmdlet for system properties performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    powershell cmdlet for system properties performance: Hello is there powershell cmdlet performance in system properties to like edit it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-cmdlet-for-system-properties/6f0614e0-6d91-4a3f-bf19-e6ecc8e61c16
  3. Unable to install modules and powershell ISE

Unable to install modules and powershell ISE: hello, Any one can you help me on above issue. unable to install powershell ise before that uninstall powewrshell ise, powershell not avialble in optional feature also... From another post: This is suman bandi i am not able to install module and powershell ise for...
  4. Issue with Install-Module from PowerShell Gallery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with Install-Module from PowerShell Gallery: I'm trying to Install modules from PowerShell Gallery , But Install-Module command is not working. Also Find-Module and a few commands are not working.[ATTACH][ATTACH]Previously I removed PowerShellGet from modules. I tried to installPowerShellGet from .nupkg file ,...
  5. I cannot install the DnsShell Powershell module

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot install the DnsShell Powershell module: I have downloaded the DnsShell.zip and followed the instructions at https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/21724.how-dns-aging-and-scavenging-works.aspx However, when I attempt to do the import-module DnsShell, I get the following: PS C:\Program...
  6. powershell -executionpolicy not recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    powershell -executionpolicy not recognized: I need to enter this command into ps: >PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy bypass -file "C:\Program Files\Stubby\stubby_setdns_windows.ps1" - i tried enter this command without >PowerShell and without -file But i still get error: -ExecutionPolicy : The term '-ExecutionPolicy' is...
  7. bug in powershell module Convert*-Json

bug in powershell module Convert*-Json: Hi all, The date property goes one day back when I convert it to Json and directly convert it back. Get-Date | Select-Object -Property * DateTime : monday 18 february 2019 09:45:59 Date : 18-2-2019 00:00:00 Get-Date | Select-Object -Property * |...
  8. Powershell module vmware.powercli not working

Powershell module vmware.powercli not working: I have installed the powercli module in powershell using "install-module -name vmware.powercli"; Version 10.1.1.8827524 along with all the modules: Version Name ------- ---- 6.7.0.8250345 VMware.DeployAutomation 6.7.0.8250345 VMware.ImageBuilder...
  9. No PowerShell cmdlets recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    No PowerShell cmdlets recognized: Running powershell as Administrator or running the ISE as Administrator (which shows Admin at top of one of the two images) isn't returning what I am expecting for looking at tasks scheduled. Any idea what's up with the output in the images? I was running Windows 7 Home...
  10. Windows powershell/module installer query

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows powershell/module installer query: Hey all Since yesterday i have noticed for about a few seconds every 20 minutes something seems to trigger windows powershell and the module installer service. I'am aware that both programs are essential so i'm wondering if this simple just routine maintainance or not. I...