Windows 10: PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell...

Discus and support PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HI, I am trying to install a powershellmodule and getting the below error message. install-module : The term 'install-module' is not recognized as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sudheer Gupta Parimi, Apr 14, 2021.

1. PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell...

HI,

I am trying to install a powershellmodule and getting the below error message.

install-module : The term 'install-module' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name,

or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

At line:1 char:1

+ install-module SharePointOnlinePowerShell

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: install-module:String [], CommandNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

i tried get-packageproviders and it seems to have Nuget package installed.

Name Version DynamicOptions

---- ------- --------------

msi 3.0.0.0 AdditionalArguments

msu 3.0.0.0

NuGet 3.0.0.1 Destination, ExcludeVersion, Scope, SkipDependencies, Headers, FilterOnTag, Contains, AllowPrereleaseVersions, ConfigF...

Programs 3.0.0.0 IncludeWindowsInstaller, IncludeSystemComponent

I tried all troubleshooting steps stated in thishttps://stackoverflow.com/questions/41585758/install-module-the-term-install-module-is-not-recognized-as-the-name-of-a-cm article, but they didn't help. any suggestions?

:)

Sudheer Gupta Parimi, Apr 14, 2021
  2. sml156 Win User

No PowerShell cmdlets recognized

I don't usually use ISE but it also worked for me

PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell... [​IMG]

sml156, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft releases Secret Management Preview 2 module for PowerShell

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/power...iew-2-release/

Brink, Apr 14, 2021
  4. PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell...

PowerShell cmdlet to manage audio devices

Hi,

I would love to see even more PowerShell cmdlets that let you manage the native settings in Windows 10.

I have two topics I would appreciate if someone from Microsoft could shed some light on

• Is there a long term goal to release PowerShell cmdlets for all settings you can configure in the Windows 10 GUI/Control panel?
    • It would be great to get native PowerShell cmdlet to managing audio/recording devices. To be able to select/change the default playback and recording devices could be of big help in an enterprise environment. One example could be to make sure the correct
      speaker and mic are selected when running a video conference system based on Windows 10.

Are the above topics something that are planned for future Windows 10 releases?

Regards Erik

* Moved from Insider *

Erik Droszcz, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell...

1. PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell... - Similar Threads - PowerShell error Install

2. Getting error that gwmi is not recognised as a name of a cmdlet in powershell 7 windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting error that gwmi is not recognised as a name of a cmdlet in powershell 7 windows 11: This is on my Windows 11 Laptop on powershell 7. Using this command since I need to do this for some troubleshooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-error-that-gwmi-is-not-recognised-as-a/2b01f763-c109-4757-b992-e5b281472367
  3. Getting error that gwmi is not recognised as a name of a cmdlet in powershell 7 windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting error that gwmi is not recognised as a name of a cmdlet in powershell 7 windows 11: This is on my Windows 11 Laptop on powershell 7. Using this command since I need to do this for some troubleshooting. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-error-that-gwmi-is-not-recognised-as-a/2b01f763-c109-4757-b992-e5b281472367
  4. PowerShell SharePoint Management Module - Commands not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell SharePoint Management Module - Commands not recognized: 1 Trying to run any SPO command getting:Connect-SPOService : The term 'Connect-SPOService' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try...
  5. PowerShell SharePoint Management Module - Commands not recognized

PowerShell SharePoint Management Module - Commands not recognized: 1 Trying to run any SPO command getting:Connect-SPOService : The term 'Connect-SPOService' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try...
  6. PowerShell SharePoint Management Module - Commands not recognized

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Bug in Powershell ConfigurationManager module for Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus cmdlet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug in Powershell ConfigurationManager module for Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus cmdlet: When I run the Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus cmdlet I get the following message;Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus : Operation could not complete because the currently connected account does not have the required security rights to perform this operation.I have the...
  8. Bug in Powershell ConfigurationManager module for Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus cmdlet

Bug in Powershell ConfigurationManager module for Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus cmdlet: When I run the Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus cmdlet I get the following message;Get-CMSoftwareUpdateDeploymentStatus : Operation could not complete because the currently connected account does not have the required security rights to perform this operation.I have the...
  9. powershell cmdlet for system properties performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    powershell cmdlet for system properties performance: Hello is there powershell cmdlet performance in system properties to like edit it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-cmdlet-for-system-properties/6f0614e0-6d91-4a3f-bf19-e6ecc8e61c16
  10. No PowerShell cmdlets recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    No PowerShell cmdlets recognized: Running powershell as Administrator or running the ISE as Administrator (which shows Admin at top of one of the two images) isn't returning what I am expecting for looking at tasks scheduled. Any idea what's up with the output in the images? I was running Windows 7 Home...