Windows 10: Powershell exe application errorr xoc0000142

Discus and support Powershell exe application errorr xoc0000142 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cannot install any Microsoft office in my pc. I might uninstall some apps that cannot be, so can you help me how to recover my uninstall apps. thank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mykelcatibog, May 30, 2020.

1. Powershell exe application errorr xoc0000142

I cannot install any Microsoft office in my pc. I might uninstall some apps that cannot be, so can you help me how to recover my uninstall apps. thank you

:)

mykelcatibog, May 30, 2020
  2. Yvonne Win User

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, May 30, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, May 30, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Powershell exe application errorr xoc0000142

Faulting application name: bad_module_info when trying to run exe installer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the following details:

• Do you receive any error message when you run the .exe installer?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.

As you have mentioned that you have Kaspersky installed on the computer, it could be that Kaspersky is blocking the installers to run. I suggest you to try disabling Kaspersky and see if that helps. Please follow the steps to disable Kaspersky:

1. Type Kaspersky in the search bar on the
      Taskbar and open it from the search results.
    2. Now, click on Settings.
    3. Click on Additional and then click on
      Self-Defense.
    4. Clear the check box for
      Enable Self-Defense to disable Kaspersky.
    5. If you receive any prompt, click on Continue.

Note: Disabling Antivirus software may open the computer to threats. Make sure to enable it after performing the troubleshooting.

You can also check if the application that you are trying to run is Quarantined by Kaspersky. If the application is Quarantined, restore the application and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Kaspersky in the search bar on the
      Taskbar and open it from the search results.
    2. Click on More tools.
    3. In the Tools window, click on
      Quarantine
    4. Look for the .exe installer that you are trying to run. If you find the installer, right click on it and select
      Restore to restore it to its original location.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Powershell exe application errorr xoc0000142

1. Powershell exe application errorr xoc0000142 - Similar Threads - Powershell exe application

2. Application install .exe files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Application install .exe files: Stupid question.For years of using Windows now, every time I had to switch computers, either because I had to make a reset or because I purchased a new one, I always went online to look for my programs in order to download them again on the new system. Not only did I have to...
  3. Application install .exe files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application install .exe files: Stupid question.For years of using Windows now, every time I had to switch computers, either because I had to make a reset or because I purchased a new one, I always went online to look for my programs in order to download them again on the new system. Not only did I have to...
  4. Application install .exe files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New Errorr

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Errorr: I don't Know much about that and i can't dgive any introPlease help me hereI have pasted the details from event viewer belowError 02-07-2021 08:45:03 AM Application Popup 56 NoneLog Name: System Source: Application Popup Date: 02-07-2021 08:45:03 AM Event ID: 56 Task...
  6. Constant Crashing on PC PerfLib Errorrs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant Crashing on PC PerfLib Errorrs: the las 10 days or so ive been experiencing alot of crashes that i cant figure out. most of them are perflib related giving event id 2004 /1008 in event viewer. ive tried reinstalling windows from installation media, reseting the server in windows services etc but cant fix...
  7. Application Framework host .exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application Framework host .exe: I'm having some issues with certain apps crashing. Discord, Epic Games Launcher. Apps are glitchy. I have all my gpu drivers updated. When i run Dxdiag.exe it shows APPCRASH and application framework host .exe failing. I have a home built gaming pc. I got steam to run...
  8. Powershell command for installing exe and msi

in Windows 10 Support
    Powershell command for installing exe and msi: Can someone help me with powershell commands for installing some exe and msi files from a pendrive? I have apps like Cisco Jabber (MSI), Cisco AnyConnect (exe), Dell Command Update (MSI), and Webex Teams(MSI) I need to add to my powershell script to automatically install the...
  9. werfault exe application error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    werfault exe application error: this is a very annoying thing to get it just wont disappear ive disabled windows error reports ive tried a few things the instruction at 0x0000000075C58AA9 REFERENCED MEMORY AT 0x0000000075C58AA9,. THE REQUIRED DATA WAS NOT...
  10. Using A New .exe For An Application ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using A New .exe For An Application ?: Hello, Have had somewhat contradictory results with this, so thought I'd just ask: I have an .exe file for an application. A new version has just come out. I know I can delete the old .exe one, and use the new one; no problem. But was wondering: can I just put...