Windows 10: powershell.exe blocked by windows defender every day

Discus and support powershell.exe blocked by windows defender every day in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi there i have this strange issue where windows defender access folder is blocking /blocked powershell . exe from accessing my personal files c : \... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by le terrible champion, Apr 16, 2021.

1. powershell.exe blocked by windows defender every day

hi there

i have this strange issue where windows defender access folder is blocking /blocked powershell . exe from accessing my personal files c : \ users \ accountusername and this happened after i turned on my access folder option in the windows defender app . now i know that powershell .exe is a legit windows execution program but ,

this happens every day , is it normal for powershell to try to gain access to my personal files and data like that ? or should i be aware of possible ransomware / virus attacks ??

i am getting quite frustrated by this , because i could not find a clear answer on the internet about this matter , and i have scanned my entire pc with windows defender antivirus scan many many times but as you could guess there is no virus or malware to be found . this is the first time that i am asking a question on the microsoft forums because i could not find any legit answers or any solution for this matter .

what really bothers me is that the execution program is trying to access my personal data , in my opinion and experience this is not how powershell should work , or behave for that matter , i wil try to post a screenshot with evidence for this topic in hope that somebody here could get a clean view and understanding about this problem that i have .

take care people powershell.exe blocked by windows defender every day e529494c-47b4-460a-b782-c0e56160d7de?upload=true.png

btw : language is dutch and for the sake of staying incognito my username is test , but here is a screenshot which i would like to share to inform you further about this matter .

take care

{moved from nl-nl}

:)

le terrible champion, Apr 16, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows Defender is blocking too much saying it viruses

Hi Sam,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, Controlled Folder Access is turned on, blocking most apps that you're using. We suggest that you turn it off to allow blocked apps in Windows Defender. Follow the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings.
    • Choose Update & security > Windows Defender.
    • Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
    • Once done, try accessing the apps and see if you can now access them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Microsoft Smart Screen and Windows Defender blocking ScanUtilities to install and RUN

Often during install it will download any updates automatically,

It may also be that the defender & other av have received updates to their software which is now detecting this software as a problem, you can add the installer’s exe to the exclusion list by finding it under quarantine & choosing to exclude it.

You can also try the original suggestion with the program’s installer in case that is blocked.

Time Lady, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Reldel Win User

powershell.exe blocked by windows defender every day

Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10  

The DWORD is set to 0 and I cannot get the process you suggested in the "NOTE" portion of the tutorial to work. Two attached screen shoots will show the before and after attempts to change the Permissions necessary for access to the DWORD change.
    powershell.exe blocked by windows defender every day [​IMG]

powershell.exe blocked by windows defender every day [​IMG]

Access is denied. (Note-Protected folder in Defender is turned off)

Reldel, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

powershell.exe blocked by windows defender every day

1. powershell.exe blocked by windows defender every day - Similar Threads - powershell exe blocked

2. windows defender exe missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender exe missing: hello everybody,my problem is i don't find windows security or defender app in my pc.pc os information:Edition Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Version 22H2 Installed on ‎1/‎2/‎2020please help me....
  3. windows defender exe missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender exe missing: hello everybody,my problem is i don't find windows security or defender app in my pc.pc os information:Edition Windows 10 Pro for Workstations Version 22H2 Installed on ‎1/‎2/‎2020please help me....
  4. Powershell windows popping up every day, just for a second.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell windows popping up every day, just for a second.: So I've been having this issue for a few weeks now and I'm not quite sure what's going on.I get about 5-6 PowerShell windows popping up together for a split second, about 1-2 times a day, and then they're gone again.In Event viewer, they're of this form:All of them at...
  5. Powershell windows popping up every day, just for a second.

Powershell windows popping up every day, just for a second.: So I've been having this issue for a few weeks now and I'm not quite sure what's going on.I get about 5-6 PowerShell windows popping up together for a split second, about 1-2 times a day, and then they're gone again.In Event viewer, they're of this form:All of them at...
  6. Blocked exe file

Blocked exe file: I am sure someone somewhere has a virtual voodoo doll of me. This is the exe file for a game I have had since 2007. It has never happened before. I have scanned the folder with Kaspersky. It says its clean. I have switched off UAC, then switched off the pc, and restarted it,...
  7. powershell and windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    powershell and windows defender: everytime i start my computer powershell wants my permission to disable windows defender and a bunch of other stuff. i cant deny it permission because it just keeps asking again. why is this and how do i get rid of it?...
  8. Exe blocked.

Exe blocked.: Hello, I am operating on Microsoft office 2010 but would like to upgrade to Microsoft professional plus office 2013. Unfortunately whenever I try to install I get a message by Windows defender "Unauthorized changes are blocked". What can I do in order to be authorized?...
  9. svchost.exe msiexex.exe and explorer exe Blocked By Defender

svchost.exe msiexex.exe and explorer exe Blocked By Defender: I just had to reinstall my OS from a malware and possibly being hacked ( named pipilenes , user unknown , Edge Cp and svchost blocked from running dynamic script) I'm very leary of letting anything through controlled folders right now. I haven't tried to install any other...
  10. My account gets blocked every day

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My account gets blocked every day: I have a problem, My Microsoft account get every day blocked and i cant use my phone Number anymore, support cant help me... Password already changed a few times. I cant find a Topic for that so i post it here....