Windows 10: Powershell.exe has been blocked, what does that mean?

Discus and support Powershell.exe has been blocked, what does that mean? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What does this mean? Every 1 hour this notification will pop up and I know that powershell.exe is a legit microsoft application, but why does the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by cloroxide, Jun 17, 2021.

1. cloroxide Win User

Powershell.exe has been blocked, what does that mean?

What does this mean? Every 1 hour this notification will pop up and I know that powershell.exe is a legit microsoft application, but why does the windows security always block it? And how do I prevent from this annoying notification from happening again? Thanks.

:)

cloroxide, Jun 17, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Smartscreen blocking an EXE

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any option to save password?
    • Which application are you referring to?

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Right click on the shortcut or in File explorer and select Run as administrator check if that helps.
    • Also observe when you type password do you get a prompt for saving password just above Taskbar.

You may also refer the link below and check if that helps.

Smart Screen Filter: FAQ.

What is SmartScreen and how can it help protect me?

Hope the issue with smart screen blocking exe will resolved. Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Kursah Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jun 17, 2021
  4. f14tomcat Win User

UAC Blocking WINRAR exe.

I did the test I suggested. It is definitely a permissions issue. Tried to extract the contents, and it barked loudly at me. I think you would have to change the permissions at the root level and down for folder "Program Files". Not recommended.

Powershell.exe has been blocked, what does that mean? [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Powershell.exe has been blocked, what does that mean? - Similar Threads - Powershell exe has

2. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does this mean?: My computer is a, Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.Every time my computer, is totally off.And I, turn it on. I see this.Does, this mean. There's a problem,with my computer?I'm, concerned. Is there a way, to stop it.Or, should I. Just not, worry about it?Thanks for reading . . ....
  3. What does that mean?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does that mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PiperidinDerivat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j62iz0/what_does_that_mean/
  4. This app has been blocked...What app?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This app has been blocked...What app?: In looking at the protection history in windows security I see a number of notations that say "This app has been blocked" with a date and time. The problem is, I have no idea what app has been blocked. When I hit the down arrow I am asked for permission to let the app make...
  5. What does this mean?

What does this mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrMinerNiner [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6cowh/what_does_this_mean/
  6. Been stuck at 0% for a while, what does it mean?

Been stuck at 0% for a while, what does it mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Memerboi111 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g282fo/been_stuck_at_0_for_a_while_what_does_it_mean/
  7. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What does this mean?: I'm having frequent, seemingly random, full system crashes. There's no warning, no "restarting now" notification. One moment the computer is functioning normally, the next it's running through the boot cycle again. I've reset windows, uninstalled all third party apps I can...
  8. What does it meaning .....

What does it meaning .....: launch, the malware creates a file at “c:\windows\temp\TMP0389A.tmp” containing the directory that the malware will save files in. “c:\windows\temp\TMP0389A.tmp” – Intended to contain directory storing keylogs and screenshots. What does it meaning, describe it English...
  9. What does "Protected folder access blocked" mean?

What does "Protected folder access blocked" mean?: I keep seeing these notifications every day, several time a day. When I click on them they go to the Windows Security -> Protection history. There are many of them and if I click on them they want me to log in. What do these mean? Is there some corrective action I need to...
  10. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What does this mean?: What does this mean? [img] And how can I eliminate it? 94430