Windows 10: powershell -executionpolicy not recognized

Discus and support powershell -executionpolicy not recognized in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need to enter this command into ps: >PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy bypass -file "C:\Program Files\Stubby\stubby_setdns_windows.ps1" - i tried enter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by empleat, Aug 29, 2019.

1. empleat Win User

powershell -executionpolicy not recognized

I need to enter this command into ps:

>PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy bypass -file "C:\Program Files\Stubby\stubby_setdns_windows.ps1" - i tried enter this command without >PowerShell and without -file

But i still get error:

-ExecutionPolicy : The term '-ExecutionPolicy' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, oroperable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and tryagain.

I found this and this didn't help me at all. I checked in registry that new entries are there and command run successfully.

https://absolute-sharepoint.com/2014/03/change-powershell-machinepolicy-execution-policy-windows-server-2012r2.html

Also i am using powershell 2.0

Please help!

:)

empleat, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - the remote procedure call failed

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• In the Search box, type PowerShell

• Right click on PowerShell and choose
      Run as administrator

• In the command prompt, enter the following command:

• PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
    Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Aug 29, 2019
  4. powershell -executionpolicy not recognized

Windows 10 app store not working propperly

Hi Connor,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to run the powershell command by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start button and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
    • Type “powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml” (Without quotes) and press Enter.
    Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

powershell -executionpolicy not recognized

1. powershell -executionpolicy not recognized - Similar Threads - powershell executionpolicy recognized

2. Error when running application with PowerShell version 7: "Get-ExecutionPolicy" command not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when running application with PowerShell version 7: "Get-ExecutionPolicy" command not...: Description: I encountered an error while running my application with PowerShell version 7. The error message states: "Get-ExecutionPolicy: The 'Get-ExecutionPolicy' command was found in the module 'Microsoft.PowerShell.Security', but the module could not be loaded. For more...
  3. Error when running application with PowerShell version 7: "Get-ExecutionPolicy" command not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when running application with PowerShell version 7: "Get-ExecutionPolicy" command not...: Description: I encountered an error while running my application with PowerShell version 7. The error message states: "Get-ExecutionPolicy: The 'Get-ExecutionPolicy' command was found in the module 'Microsoft.PowerShell.Security', but the module could not be loaded. For more...
  4. PowerShell SharePoint Management Module - Commands not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell SharePoint Management Module - Commands not recognized: 1 Trying to run any SPO command getting:Connect-SPOService : The term 'Connect-SPOService' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try...
  5. PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PowerShell error : Install-module is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet on Powershell...: HI, I am trying to install a powershellmodule and getting the below error message. install-module : The term 'install-module' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included,...
  6. Bypass executionpolicy in powershell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bypass executionpolicy in powershell: Hi, We have a script to download jpg files in "ProgramData" folder from website. by default Execution policy set to "Restricted" in client computers. In the script we have mention "Set-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -scope Process -Force". Right click on script file select "Run...
  7. Powershell Get-AppxPackage command not recognized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell Get-AppxPackage command not recognized: I'm using Windows 10 Pro. In powershell run as administrator when I try to run this command: Get-AppxPackage -allusers foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$$_.InstallLocation\ I get this error: Get-AppxPackage : The term 'Get-AppxPackage' is not recognized as the name...
  8. How to fix PowerShell1 ExecutionPolicy Error

How to fix PowerShell1 ExecutionPolicy Error: If I edit the Registry Values for the "ExecutionPolicy" it does not change the error for my system. When I perform a cold boot the setting reset....
  9. hkey machine powershell 1 shell id microsoft executionpolicy is bad and i dont know how to...

hkey machine powershell 1 shell id microsoft executionpolicy is bad and i dont know how to...: it was detected as bad by dell who used Norton power eraser to locate the issues in my computer, Norton says they can not fix it, that Microsoft needs to fix it , I came to micorosoft to get help a tech, tried to reinstall Microsoft windows, after the computer restarted a...
  10. No PowerShell cmdlets recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    No PowerShell cmdlets recognized: Running powershell as Administrator or running the ISE as Administrator (which shows Admin at top of one of the two images) isn't returning what I am expecting for looking at tasks scheduled. Any idea what's up with the output in the images? I was running Windows 7 Home...