Windows 10: Powershell Expand-archive problem.

Discus and support Powershell Expand-archive problem. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a line as below in my script. Expand-Archive .\PR.zip -DestinationPath .\ But it gives an error as below and does not do expand archive. ===... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lvgandhi, Jan 6, 2020.

1. lvgandhi Win User

Powershell Expand-archive problem.

I have a line as below in my script.
    Expand-Archive .\PR.zip -DestinationPath .\

But it gives an error as below and does not do expand archive.
    ===
    calling ".ctor" with "3" argument(s): "End of Central Directory record could not be found."
    At C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Microsoft.PowerShell.Archive\Microsoft.PowerShell .Archive.psm1:934 char:23
    + ... ipArchive = New-Object -TypeName System.IO.Compression.ZipArchive -Ar ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: Powershell Expand-archive problem. :)) [New-Object], MethodInvocationException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ConstructorInvokedThrowException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.NewObjectCommand

===

What should I do to make expand-archive to work?

:)

lvgandhi, Jan 6, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jan 6, 2020
  3. WillyConq Win User
    No archive ability.

I tried all suggestions to no avail, then gave up and switched to Mailbird, which works brilliantly.

WillyConq, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Archived mails are missing in Windows 10 Mail App.

Hi John,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the Steps below and check.

Step 1: Check the sync settings in Mail app.

• Open Mail app and Hoover mouse point on top.
    • Next to Search icon you can seen Sync this View.
    • Click on the icon and let it Sync.
    • Close and reopen Mail app and check Archived mails.

If issue persist follow next Step.

Step 2: Run the Windows App Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Do let us know if you are able to find Archive files in Mail app. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Powershell Expand-archive problem. - Similar Threads - Powershell Expand archive

2. PowerShell parser problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell parser problems: I have been struggling with a PowerShell script for days. Older versions from a year ago are fine. New versions, some with only minor changes, raise syntax errors. The lines flagged are fine. Very similar lines are not flagged. For days I assumed something wrong earlier was...
  3. PowerShell parser problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerShell parser problems: I have been struggling with a PowerShell script for days. Older versions from a year ago are fine. New versions, some with only minor changes, raise syntax errors. The lines flagged are fine. Very similar lines are not flagged. For days I assumed something wrong earlier was...
  4. icons problem powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icons problem powershell: Hello everyone,I have a problem downloading the icons CascadiaCode => context deadline exceeded.I thought I had found the solution by installing them myself and it worked until I restarted my PC, the icons are installed but powershell does not see them and suddenly I have to...
  5. icons problem powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icons problem powershell: Hello everyone,I have a problem downloading the icons CascadiaCode => context deadline exceeded.I thought I had found the solution by installing them myself and it worked until I restarted my PC, the icons are installed but powershell does not see them and suddenly I have to...
  6. PowerShell problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerShell problems: After a update for windows 10, I now get on startup a screen blue with a flashing curser it's PowerShell how do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-problems/d09cb9eb-d759-483f-8ace-c1a9b5b9397a
  7. Problem with archiving emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with archiving emails: I want toarchive emails from gmail address and try to use mailstore home version.12. However, I will get ssl error, and mailstore requires to switch off content filtering. I use Windows 10 and am running AVG...
  8. PowerShell problem in 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerShell problem in 1809: Hi PS C:\> get-date 03 February 2019 10:31:23 PS C:\> Get-NetAdapter Get-NetAdapter : Invalid class At line:1 char:1 + Get-NetAdapter + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : MetadataError: (MSFT_NetAdapter:ROOT/StandardCimv2/MSFT_NetAdapter) [Get-NetA dapter],...
  9. Problem archiving in Office 365

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problem archiving in Office 365: I have been getting error messages when archiving. I have several folders with subfolders. I am getting a error message that I do not understand. The message is: The destination folder (Archive folder) contains items of a different type than the source folder. Verify both the...
  10. archive

in Browsers and Email
    archive: *cry Please help an old man, i have G-MAIL how do i put my mail to archive, i have been dragging and drop to put in my folders but when i go to them the folder is there but nothing inside , i was told the best thing is archive them , I have an archive icon on my hotmail mail...