Windows 10: PowerShell file run with admin rights

Discus and support PowerShell file run with admin rights in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I made a script in PowerShell and I have to run with admin rights. I also made a shortcut of that file and with right click -> properties, shortcut tab... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kinderu81, Jul 13, 2021.

1. kinderu81 Win User

PowerShell file run with admin rights

I made a script in PowerShell and I have to run with admin rights. I also made a shortcut of that file and with right click -> properties, shortcut tab -> advanced -> run as admin is disabled. How can I run a ps1. file (PowerShell file) with admin rights ? (see picture)

:)

kinderu81, Jul 13, 2021
  2. Pattik Win User

Running Powershell as admin

To get around having to right click to run powershell as an admin...have you tried getting to powershell via the Task Manager? Open Task Manager via Ctl-Alt-Delete, then click on More details (if needed). From the File Menu, select Run new task. You can then click on the box that says "create this task with admin privileges", type powershell in the dialog box and enter. That eliminates the need to right click to run as an admin.

Pattik, Jul 13, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

4. mickeddie Win User

Running Powershell as admin

Hi. I tried this and everything was denied. Did not reboot to try it yet, but is this normal?

I already did all the other suggested fixes - ran disc services, powershell and command promp in admin mode and ran the suggested fixes, but nothing works for me. I'll re-boot and try again, then read the rest of this thread.

mickeddie, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

1. PowerShell file run with admin rights - Similar Threads - PowerShell file run

2. PowerShell Admin and PowerShell is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell Admin and PowerShell is not working: I cannot use PowerShell anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-admin-and-powershell-is-not-working/5609d07f-3986-4c10-aee8-6f243bc7123b
  3. PowerShell Admin and PowerShell is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerShell Admin and PowerShell is not working: I cannot use PowerShell anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-admin-and-powershell-is-not-working/5609d07f-3986-4c10-aee8-6f243bc7123b
  4. Allow program to run with admin rights.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow program to run with admin rights.: Hello, I have an app that I want to let users run on a windows 10 device but each time it is open it prompts for admin override. How can I allow every user on the computer to be able to use this program? I have already went into security and ensured that everyone had full...
  5. Allow program to run with admin rights.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow program to run with admin rights.: Hello, I have an app that I want to let users run on a windows 10 device but each time it is open it prompts for admin override. How can I allow every user on the computer to be able to use this program? I have already went into security and ensured that everyone had full...
  6. Allow program to run with admin rights.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. PowerShell(Admin) -right click start menu edit

in Windows 10 Support
    PowerShell(Admin) -right click start menu edit: Right click on either PowerShell shortcut in the Win10 20H2 start menu and both are user not the System32 for the (Admin). I couldn't find where these start menu right click shortcuts are stored so I have used the tutorial registry script merge to have the admin cmd on the...
  8. Issue with "PermissionDenied" with PowerShell 5.1 running as Admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with "PermissionDenied" with PowerShell 5.1 running as Admin: Hi, How do I modify or fix directories with a Mode of 'd--hsl' to allow the administrator to access? I'm using PowerShell 5.1 run as Administrator. Mode LastWriteTime Length Name ---- ------------- ------ ---- d--h--...
  9. Windows PowerShell Grant Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows PowerShell Grant Admin Rights: I am trying to grant myself admin rights on my windows 10 account using PowerShell. I know there is a way to do this in the command prompt but I can't use the cmd prompt but I can use PowerShell. I just need to know if it is possible. And if it is, I have no clue what command...
  10. Powershell/Powershell admin missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell/Powershell admin missing: When finding a solution to remove skype today I came across a post here where the solution was found to use a powershell command. So I went to open it up and found out it was missing. I looked into it and found some other people with a similar problem, and they went to check...