Windows 10: Powershell Get-AppxPackage command not recognized

Discus and support Powershell Get-AppxPackage command not recognized in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm using Windows 10 Pro. In powershell run as administrator when I try to run this command: Get-AppxPackage -allusers foreach {Add-AppxPackage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdrianLParker, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Powershell Get-AppxPackage command not recognized

I'm using Windows 10 Pro. In powershell run as administrator when I try to run this command:

Get-AppxPackage -allusers foreach {Add-AppxPackage -register "$$_.InstallLocation\

I get this error:

Get-AppxPackage : The term 'Get-AppxPackage' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program.

I tried fixing the issue by running the following as administrator:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

SFC found no error, dism finished successfully with output saying, "The restore operation completed successfully. The operation completed successfully."

But still I get the same error. I also tried this in Powershell run as admin:

$manifest = Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore.InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

This also didn't help.

Any thoughts?

:)

AdrianLParker, Mar 31, 2020

2. Malformed PowerShell command Get-AppXPackage error

I have tried all of the suggested corrections for a start menu that is not working. The last command in the most reasonable suggestion uses as it's last two statements PowerShell and the one listed below. I have tried
    this command several times, making sure there are no typing errors and every time I get the Error message below. Is there any way to repair the database disk image which is indicated as "malformed"?

========================================================================================

S C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add

>>> -AppxPackage -DesableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Get-AppXPackage : The database disk image is malformed

The database disk image is malformed

At line:1 char:1

+ Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*S ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo
    : NotSpecified: Powershell Get-AppxPackage command not recognized :)) [Get-AppxPackage], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Syste

Jo B.Taylor, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Lyle39 Win User
    Command "Get-AppxPackage" not recognized

Powershell Get-AppxPackage command not recognized [​IMG]

This will show where the command "Get-AppxPackage" is not recognized.

Thanks

Lyle39, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Powershell Get-AppxPackage command not recognized

Unable to use get-appxpackage command in powershell

Hello Chitransh,

If you were wanting to get a list of installed apps, then you could use the command below instead.

(current user only)

Get-AppxPackage | Select Name, PackageFullName

(all users) must be used in elevated PowerShell

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Select Name, PackageFullName

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10

Shawn Brink, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Powershell Get-AppxPackage command not recognized

1. Powershell Get-AppxPackage command not recognized - Similar Threads - Powershell AppxPackage command

2. PowerShell SharePoint Management Module - Commands not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell SharePoint Management Module - Commands not recognized: 1 Trying to run any SPO command getting:Connect-SPOService : The term 'Connect-SPOService' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try...
  3. PowerShell SharePoint Management Module - Commands not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerShell SharePoint Management Module - Commands not recognized: 1 Trying to run any SPO command getting:Connect-SPOService : The term 'Connect-SPOService' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try...
  4. PowerShell SharePoint Management Module - Commands not recognized

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why can I not access the -AllUsers parameter on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why can I not access the -AllUsers parameter on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?: Why does the -allusers parameter not work? I can perfectly remove apps from my current account, but not from all users.I have tried all kinds of combinations of syntax. I believe it is an issue with powershell....
  6. Why can I not access the -AllUsers switch on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not access the -AllUsers switch on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?: Why does the -allusers switch not work? I can perfectly remove apps from my current account, but not from all users.I have tried all kinds of combinations of syntax. I believe it is an issue with powershell....
  7. PowerShell Get-Appxpackage Access Denied, Not recognized or Not working

in Windows 10 News
    PowerShell Get-Appxpackage Access Denied, Not recognized or Not working: [ATTACH]Get-Appxpackage is a PowerShell command that can display a list of the app packages that are installed in a user profile. It includes all the applications that are installed from the Microsoft Store or third-party apps. When using the command, if you receive an error—...
  8. Powershell Get-AppxPackage DNS issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell Get-AppxPackage DNS issues: Hello My cousin had some issues with Game Pass and found around internet that he could try to type below command in powershell: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml”} After doing this...
  9. Unable to use get-appxpackage command in powershell

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to use get-appxpackage command in powershell: While using the command I get this: [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/unable-to-use-get-appxpackage-command-in/215276a3-d0dc-4673-99f0-c8102ddee597
  10. Command "Get-AppxPackage" not recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command "Get-AppxPackage" not recognized: I am trying to uninstall all W10 built in Apps. I am using an Admin power shell with cmd, i.e. "Get-AppxPackage *3dbuilder* | Remove-AppxPackage" but I get a response saying that "Get-AppxPackage" is not recognized. I have checked the forum but cannot find a problem like...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Reset-AppxPackage: The term Reset-AppxPackage is not recognized as a name of a cmdlet function script file or executable program.

2. get-appxpackage allusers | foreach {add-appxpackage disabledevelopmentmode register $($_.installlocation)\appxmanifest.xml}

3. rest-appxpackage is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet