Windows 10: Powershell glitch

Discus and support Powershell glitch in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi fellow W10 users, This week I switched to using Windows 10, but I have this strange problem/glitch in PowerShell. At first I did an upgrade... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by beranmuden, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Powershell glitch

Hi fellow W10 users,

This week I switched to using Windows 10, but I have this strange problem/glitch in PowerShell.

At first I did an upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, after which I did a full clean install.
    Now here it comes...
    Whenever I want to use the "Find" option in PowerShell to locate a string, the screen is not updated when displaying the results.
    The Powershell window just seems to hang in a glitchy fashion, until I move or maximize/restore the window.
    Afterwards PowerShell shows which string it (if any) has been found.

This glitch was already noticable after the clean installation. I also updated the mobo and GPU drivers. Problem remains with both x86 and x64 bit version of PowerShell. Other applications do not have this problem.

Rings a bell anyone?

Thnx in advance,

BM

:)

beranmuden, Aug 4, 2015

2. windows 10 Start Menu, search bar not working

The Powershell fix worked for me on a Dell Inspiron 11. Hopefully it sticks, since this was a brand new machine that had this glitch right out of the box.

Pebbleworm, Aug 4, 2015
  3. windows 10 people app

Looks like its a glitch with the app might resolve itself over time. You could try re-registering all apps to see if it resolves the problem:

Open Start, type: powershell

Right click PowerShell

Click Run as administrator

Type the following command then hit Enter, exit PowerShell then restart, then try updating through the Store again.

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Andre Da Costa, Aug 4, 2015
  4. Powershell glitch

Sorry for bumping. Problem remains and I haven't found a similiar post yet.

beranmuden, Aug 16, 2015
Thema:

Powershell glitch

1. Powershell glitch - Similar Threads - Powershell glitch

2. Trouble with WSL powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with WSL powershell: Whenever i enter: dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:VirtualMachinePlatform /all/norestart it gives me: cmdlet enalbe-WindowsOptionalFeature at commands pipeline position 1 supply values for the following parameters: FeatureName[0]...
  3. Trouble with WSL powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with WSL powershell: Whenever i enter: dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:VirtualMachinePlatform /all/norestart it gives me: cmdlet enalbe-WindowsOptionalFeature at commands pipeline position 1 supply values for the following parameters: FeatureName[0]...
  4. Trouble with WSL powershell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Preview Voice for Microsoft Helena not working after installing via PowerShell Script

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preview Voice for Microsoft Helena not working after installing via PowerShell Script: Hi,I am working with a machine that has Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB with OS Version 1607. I had to install the Spanish Language Pack and the Microsoft Helena Text to Speech voice via offline Meaning that I had no access to internet. I was able to install the Spanish...
  6. Preview Voice for Microsoft Helena not working after installing via PowerShell Script

Preview Voice for Microsoft Helena not working after installing via PowerShell Script: Hi,I am working with a machine that has Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB with OS Version 1607. I had to install the Spanish Language Pack and the Microsoft Helena Text to Speech voice via offline Meaning that I had no access to internet. I was able to install the Spanish...
  7. Powershell file closes instantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell file closes instantly: Hello, I have a problem. If I carry out a PowerShell file, PowerShell closes instantly. I already set the Execution Policy to unrestricted. How do I solve this problem. Please help.Thank youFelix...
  8. Powershell file closes instantly

Powershell file closes instantly: Hello, I have a problem. If I carry out a PowerShell file, PowerShell closes instantly. I already set the Execution Policy to unrestricted. How do I solve this problem. Please help.Thank youFelix...
  9. Powershell file closes instantly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Installing PowerShell 7-x64.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing PowerShell 7-x64.: The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-powershell-7-x64/6d1d6de6-1b6f-44df-a221-9eedc66632c1