Windows 10: Powershell High CPU usage, please help

Discus and support Powershell High CPU usage, please help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm not knowledge with software to make it clear. Powershell has been opening on start up and using a huge portion of cpu, bottlenecking my pc pretty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hans0000, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Powershell High CPU usage, please help

I'm not knowledge with software to make it clear.

Powershell has been opening on start up and using a huge portion of cpu, bottlenecking my pc pretty hard. The only thing I did that maybe triggered this is that I updated Java and some Windows 10 updates. Please help I cannot make this stop from running on start up everytime, it's been driving me nuts.

submitted by /u/Hans0000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hans0000, Apr 25, 2022

2. Powershell and high cpu usage

I have a Toshiba Satellite running Win 10 with the latest update and Norton 360. At times programmes are unresponsive for some seconds. After startup but without running any programmes Task Manager shows spikes up to 100% of very high CPU and disk usage.
    This is mainly caused by powershell 32 bit which starts, spikes and disappears all the time. I have disabled powershell but it has not stopped it appearing and disappearing from the list of processes. Is this normal? I might be incorrectly attributing
    unresponsive programmes to powershell activities.

I have scanned, using Norton, for security issues but nothing has been revealed.

There was a similar question on this topic some years ago but the thread closed before a solution was posted. Can anyone enlighten me please?

Darlingscott, Apr 25, 2022
  3. high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, Apr 25, 2022
  4. Powershell High CPU usage, please help

JamshedMuhammad Khan, Apr 25, 2022
Thema:

Powershell High CPU usage, please help

1. Powershell High CPU usage, please help - Similar Threads - Powershell High CPU

2. Windows powershell high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows powershell high cpu usage: hello ive been having an issue with my laptop. windows powershell has been causing high cpu usage whenever i try to use an app i need some assistance on how to fix this issue.i have already tried to updaterebootand fix corrupted filesi ran malware check nothing seems to be...
  3. Windows powershell high cpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows powershell high cpu usage: hello ive been having an issue with my laptop. windows powershell has been causing high cpu usage whenever i try to use an app i need some assistance on how to fix this issue.i have already tried to updaterebootand fix corrupted filesi ran malware check nothing seems to be...
  4. High PowerShell CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High PowerShell CPU Usage: Over the past few weeks, I've noticed a spike in my CPU usage. So I opened task manager and noticed that PowerShell.exe was using about 30% of my CPU and sometimes there were multiple of them. I immediately ended the task to see if that would fix it but it did not, it came...
  5. High PowerShell CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High PowerShell CPU Usage: Over the past few weeks, I've noticed a spike in my CPU usage. So I opened task manager and noticed that PowerShell.exe was using about 30% of my CPU and sometimes there were multiple of them. I immediately ended the task to see if that would fix it but it did not, it came...
  6. High PowerShell CPU Usage

7. High CPU usage PLEASE help! :

High CPU usage PLEASE help! :: So i have a problem with what i think is my CPU, i have not had this issue before. I started getting this issue like 2 weeks back and since then i've tried everything to make it work for example factory reset the whole computer. The only game i'm playing is CSGO and it's been...
  8. High CPU usage PLEASE help! :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU usage PLEASE help! :: So i have a problem with what i think is my CPU, i have not had this issue before. I started getting this issue like 2 weeks back and since then i've tried everything to make it work for example factory reset the whole computer. The only game i'm playing is CSGO and it's been...
  9. High CPU usage PLEASE help! :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Powershell and high cpu usage

Powershell and high cpu usage: I have a Toshiba Satellite running Win 10 with the latest update and Norton 360. At times programmes are unresponsive for some seconds. After startup but without running any programmes Task Manager shows spikes up to 100% of very high CPU and disk usage. This is mainly...