Windows 10: Powershell in Windows 10 stuck on 5.0

Discus and support Powershell in Windows 10 stuck on 5.0 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a very frustrating problem trying to update my version of Powershell on a Windows 10 install from the version shown below to the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GavinKnights, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Powershell in Windows 10 stuck on 5.0

Hi,

I have a very frustrating problem trying to update my version of Powershell on a Windows 10 install from the version shown below to the latest version of 5.1.x which I need for the latest version of Sitecore 9.

I have checked for an update through Windows updates, but it tells me my system is up to date, and there is no individual download from MS that I can find to help me achieve this.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

:)

GavinKnights, Oct 18, 2018
  2. TomStrong Win User

Downloading updates stuck at 0%

Hello everyone, Windows Update has been stuck at 0% every time I've tried in the last couple of days (see screenshot). These are the two updates available:

• Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3103688).

• Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3105213).

Powershell in Windows 10 stuck on 5.0 [​IMG]

TomStrong, Oct 18, 2018
  3. DGeorge1 Win User
    KB3074678 stuck at 0%

Hi all,

Been trying trying to install updates for a few days now only to be stuck at 0%. Here's the list that I'm currently waiting on. Anyone have any suggestions?

Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081441)

Waiting to install

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3081444)

Waiting to install

Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074678)

Waiting to install

DGeorge1, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Powershell in Windows 10 stuck on 5.0

Downloading updates stuck at 0%

Please run the Windows Update Troubleshooter:
    http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262
    Please provide the exact details of any problem it reports as not fixed.

Sumit Dhiman, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Powershell in Windows 10 stuck on 5.0

1. Powershell in Windows 10 stuck on 5.0 - Similar Threads - Powershell stuck

2. Does anyone know a way to detect when OneDrive is Stuck? A PowerShell command or something?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know a way to detect when OneDrive is Stuck? A PowerShell command or something?: for Windows 10/11I'd like to be able to detect when OneDrive is stuck on files which is causing the sync to completely stall.Does the service state change?Is there something in PowerShell that could query its status?Thanks...
  3. Does anyone know a way to detect when OneDrive is Stuck? A PowerShell command or something?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does anyone know a way to detect when OneDrive is Stuck? A PowerShell command or something?: for Windows 10/11I'd like to be able to detect when OneDrive is stuck on files which is causing the sync to completely stall.Does the service state change?Is there something in PowerShell that could query its status?Thanks...
  4. Ran a powershell code to reinstall my broken microsoft store and its just stuck on "processing"

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Ran a powershell code to reinstall my broken microsoft store and its just stuck on "processing": My microsoft store was broken so I ran this code to reinstall/restore it "Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}" and after pasting it it just says "Deployment...
  5. Ran a powershell code to reinstall my broken microsoft store and its just stuck on "processing"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ran a powershell code to reinstall my broken microsoft store and its just stuck on "processing": My microsoft store was broken so I ran this code to reinstall/restore it "Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}" and after pasting it it just says "Deployment...
  6. Ran a powershell code to reinstall my broken microsoft store and its just stuck on "processing"

7. Powershell deployment operation progress is stuck at 3%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell deployment operation progress is stuck at 3%: I ran this code: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}because my display settings wouldnt work. it is stuck at Deployment operation progress:...
  8. Powershell deployment operation progress is stuck at 3%

Powershell deployment operation progress is stuck at 3%: I ran this code: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"}because my display settings wouldnt work. it is stuck at Deployment operation progress:...
  9. Powershell deployment operation progress is stuck at 3%

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Windows PowerShell stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows PowerShell stuck: [ATTACH] Above this screenshot i ran DISM/exe/online.......to clear some error but why stucked at 41%? it is now about 2 hours and still at this point. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-powershell-stuck/4eada5fc-e3f6-4023-b36d-81e949e4ed22