Windows 10: PowerShell installation

Discus and support PowerShell installation in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Excuse me, i appreciate your guidance, i have just installed net. Framework 4.8 on window 7.. still when try to set-up PowerShell, it says require net.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EhabQF, May 23, 2022.

1. EhabQF Win User

PowerShell installation

Excuse me, i appreciate your guidance, i have just installed net. Framework 4.8 on window 7.. still when try to set-up PowerShell, it says require net. Framework higher than 4I am trying to get Manim running, i think my PowerShell v is 1 that is why can't install choco or ffmpeg

:)

EhabQF, May 23, 2022
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, May 23, 2022
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Retrieve and Install Sticky Notes via PowerShell

Hi Matty,

Reinstalling an application via PowerShell needs an administrator access to continue. If you have administrator access, you can follow the steps below to install Sticky Notes using PowerShell:

• Open PowerShell with admin rights. To do so, type Windows
      PowerShell in the search box to see PowerShell in results, right-click on PowerShell, and then click
      Run as administrator option.
    • In the PowerShell prompt, type the following command and press the Enter key:

Get-Appxpackage –Allusers

Scroll down and locate the entry of the app that you want to reinstall and copy the package name. Since you are looking for the Sticky Notes app, locate the Sticky Notes entry, and then copy the package name of Sticky Notes.
    • Now, you will need to execute the following command to add the app:

Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PackageFullName\appxmanifest.xml" -DisableDevelopmentMode

Replace PackageFullName term in the above command with the copied PackageFullName information from step 2.

If you do not have an administrator access to your computer, we suggest that you contact your IT admin to be able to install Sticky Notes via PowerShell.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, May 23, 2022
  4. PowerShell installation

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 23, 2022
Thema:

PowerShell installation

1. PowerShell installation - Similar Threads - PowerShell installation

2. Installing PowerShell 7-x64.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing PowerShell 7-x64.: The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-powershell-7-x64/6d1d6de6-1b6f-44df-a221-9eedc66632c1
  3. Installing PowerShell 7-x64.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing PowerShell 7-x64.: The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-powershell-7-x64/6d1d6de6-1b6f-44df-a221-9eedc66632c1
  4. Can't install Microsoft store/windows10. PowerShell prompt reads 'access denied'.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Microsoft store/windows10. PowerShell prompt reads 'access denied'.: I did a windows 10 reinstall via usb. Now, the Microsoft store isn't installed and I get an access is denied msg when I use PowerShell to try to fix it.I can't sign in to Microsoft account using my alias I set up as primary acct, message keeps saying sign in turned off for...
  5. Can't install Microsoft store/windows10. PowerShell prompt reads 'access denied'.

Can't install Microsoft store/windows10. PowerShell prompt reads 'access denied'.: I did a windows 10 reinstall via usb. Now, the Microsoft store isn't installed and I get an access is denied msg when I use PowerShell to try to fix it.I can't sign in to Microsoft account using my alias I set up as primary acct, message keeps saying sign in turned off for...
  6. Can't install Microsoft store/windows10. PowerShell prompt reads 'access denied'.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Dev Home Installation failed via winget from PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dev Home Installation failed via winget from PowerShell: Hello Everyone:I was trying to install all updates/upgrades via PowerShell Winget, but it failed with below error message:--------------------------------------------------------Installing dependencies: This package requires the following dependencies: - Packages...
  8. Dev Home Installation failed via winget from PowerShell

Dev Home Installation failed via winget from PowerShell: Hello Everyone:I was trying to install all updates/upgrades via PowerShell Winget, but it failed with below error message:--------------------------------------------------------Installing dependencies: This package requires the following dependencies: - Packages...
  9. So i am having trouble with powershell when trying to install or update any module

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So i am having trouble with powershell when trying to install or update any module: I had an issue with changing the execution policy so I downloaded the PowerShell 7 zip and replaced all from it with the default install of PowerShell 5.1 now I can not install or update any module and the previous issue is not resolved until I import the older version of the...
  10. So i am having trouble with powershell when trying to install or update any module

So i am having trouble with powershell when trying to install or update any module: I had an issue with changing the execution policy so I downloaded the PowerShell 7 zip and replaced all from it with the default install of PowerShell 5.1 now I can not install or update any module and the previous issue is not resolved until I import the older version of the...