Windows 10: Powershell Jumps to the Bottom of Its Screen

Discus and support Powershell Jumps to the Bottom of Its Screen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Using the regular Powershell window on Windows 10 (not the ISE, nor with admin rights; I don't know if this would apply to either of those), if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by universalglove, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Powershell Jumps to the Bottom of Its Screen

Using the regular Powershell window on Windows 10 (not the ISE, nor with admin rights; I don't know if this would apply to either of those), if I change something about the screens -- like taking my laptop between work and home and using the port extenders at each place, different brands, different monitors, etc -- when I start typing in an already opened Powershell session (that stayed open through the transition), the window jumps down to the bottom of its space. If I move the scrollbar back up, to bring the current prompt back into view, as soon as I start typing again, it jumps back to the bottom of the space. So I can't see what I'm typing. I have to scroll back up to see the results.

Something gets it to reset and realize again where the prompt is active, but I'm not sure what that action is. Yesterday it only took a few times moving the window around and resizing it, typing again, scrolling around, etc. to get it to sit where I'm working.

Today, I can't get it to "reset".

Also, this has happened on more than one laptop. This has happened previously on the Windows 7 laptop I was using not that long ago. I recently switched to and set up this laptop.

I'm sure I can close the window and restart the session. But if I had something important going on that I didn't want to end, this would be very irritating. I can't find any other real mentions of this. Is this a known issue?

:)

universalglove, Mar 26, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Kursah Win User

Powershell Jumps to the Bottom of Its Screen

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Powershell Jumps to the Bottom of Its Screen

1. Powershell Jumps to the Bottom of Its Screen - Similar Threads - Powershell Jumps Bottom

2. Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.: While I'm typing, the cursor will jump to another place in the compose screen, all by itself. Yes, while I am typing, the cursor will jump somewhere else, so you wind up typing somewhere else. scroll bar, scrolls its self-most times. Sometimes, while typing, a particular...
  3. Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.: While I'm typing, the cursor will jump to another place in the compose screen, all by itself. Yes, while I am typing, the cursor will jump somewhere else, so you wind up typing somewhere else. scroll bar, scrolls its self-most times. Sometimes, while typing, a particular...
  4. Cursor Jumps Around on its Own.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Touchpad issue - pointer jumps to bottom left corner of the screen while clicking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad issue - pointer jumps to bottom left corner of the screen while clicking: This has been a problem on each PC I've had, and I've scoured community boards trying to find a replication of the same issue and solution but have never been able to fix the problem. I've tried hard resets, reboots, updating drivers, disabling the touchpad, re-installing...
  6. Cursor Jumps Around on its Own

Cursor Jumps Around on its Own: While I'm typing, the cursor will jump to another place in the compose screen, all by itself. Yes, while I am typing, the cursor will jump somewhere else, so you wind up typing somewhere else. This is happening in Hotmail and Notepad. Very frustrating. Windows 10 has other...
  7. mouse keep jumping to bottom of the screen Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    mouse keep jumping to bottom of the screen Help: my mouse I had for two months Just starting jumping to the bottom of the screen. my old mouse doesn't do this. submitted by /u/Paladin1229 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m29pu0/mouse_keep_jumping_to_bottom_of_the_screen_help/
  8. Screen jumping

Screen jumping: My screen is jumping around in all applications . Any ideas what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-jumping/46fa0ac8-09f2-4a93-845c-3d503d863721
  9. Screen Jumping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screen Jumping: If you are working on a file that contains a long list and are nearing the middle or end of list when the Win 10 screen jumps up on its own to the top of the list. I have two Win computers and this happens of both machines. I have checked the mice and they are ok!. Since I do...
  10. Mouse cursor jumping to bottom right corner

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse cursor jumping to bottom right corner: My mouse cursor keeps jumping to the bottom right corner of the screen, either opening the language bar, the calendar, the notifications or the tab that brings you back to your desktop. The time between each jump is completely random, and the consistency is different each...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 my other software jumps to the bottom of the page when i select more then one file

2. windows powershell typing at bottom