Windows 10: Powershell keeps opening at startup even though it is disabled in settings

Discus and support Powershell keeps opening at startup even though it is disabled in settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have set it to disabled in the startup window, but it still keeps opening up every time I start up my computer. I am running Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ZoeWagner, Jan 15, 2020.

1. ZoeWagner Win User

Powershell keeps opening at startup even though it is disabled in settings

I have set it to disabled in the startup window, but it still keeps opening up every time I start up my computer. I am running Windows 10.

:)

ZoeWagner, Jan 15, 2020

2. Windows PowerShell opens up at Startup

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Windows PowerShell might be one of the Startup programs on your computer. All the Startup programs are launched at Startup by Windows. I suggest you to check if the
    Windows PowerShell program is enabled on the Startup. To check the Startup programs press
    Ctrl + Shift + Esc Keys together and open Task Manager. Go to the
    Startup tab and check if Windows PowerShell is listed. If it is listed under the Startup programs, select it and click on
    Disable. Further restart the computer to check if the issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Windows PowerShell opens up at Startup

Hi Richard,

Thanks you for posting your reply and update.

Conhost.exe a completely legitimate executable process as long as it’s running from the system32 folder, and is signed by
    Microsoft. You may enable it. Refer to the steps suggested in the previous post, you can disable any startup service individually by clicking and selecting it. Follow the steps to
    disable Windows PowerShell and Enable the rest.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Powershell keeps opening at startup even though it is disabled in settings

Powershell on Startup?

Whenever I boot up Windows, the Powershell window appears for a split second and disappears (but it remains running in the background). I don't know why but I found out that I have 2 instances of Powershell appearing in my list of Startup apps, both have
    high startup impact.

Is Powershell supposed to run on startup? What'll happen if I just disable it?

Parthu1708, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Powershell keeps opening at startup even though it is disabled in settings

1. Powershell keeps opening at startup even though it is disabled in settings - Similar Threads - Powershell keeps opening

2. Messenger App keeps starting even though Startup has been disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messenger App keeps starting even though Startup has been disabled.: Facebook has to be the most predatory company out there. Their app keeps running in the background even though I have specifically disabled this option, it runs on startup even though that has been disabled and it's not in either shell:startup nor shell:common startup.The app...
  3. Messenger App keeps starting even though Startup has been disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Messenger App keeps starting even though Startup has been disabled.: Facebook has to be the most predatory company out there. Their app keeps running in the background even though I have specifically disabled this option, it runs on startup even though that has been disabled and it's not in either shell:startup nor shell:common startup.The app...
  4. Powershell opening on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell opening on startup: Everytime I boot my computer three tabs of powershell opens and it says its running WOW64. Why is that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-opening-on-startup/a0acb780-cc21-4ccd-907c-a142ffd4dab2
  5. Powershell opening on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell opening on startup: Everytime I boot my computer three tabs of powershell opens and it says its running WOW64. Why is that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-opening-on-startup/a0acb780-cc21-4ccd-907c-a142ffd4dab2
  6. Powershell opening on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows PowerShell keeps on opening after startup.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows PowerShell keeps on opening after startup.: Every time a turn on my computer, Windows PowerShell keeps on trying to open. It tries apx 5 times and it's fine then, since I close it every time, but it's annoying and I don't know why is it doing that. This started happening a few weeks ago out of nowhere. It's disabled in...
  8. Cortana keeps showing up even though disabled in task manager startup

in Cortana
    Cortana keeps showing up even though disabled in task manager startup: How to uninstall Cortana Tom's Guide the above did not work as the "..more" did not have "Run at login" to disable I have several win10 dedicated systems that do not have microphones and there is no need for Cortana All of the fancy updates and features are never used...
  9. Powershell opening at startup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell opening at startup.: Hello, Powershell kees popping up whenever my PC starts up. The location is C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe This also was popping up when I had Windows 7. Norton's doesn't detect anything wrong. Can someone please help???...
  10. Powershell using high CPU even though it is disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Powershell using high CPU even though it is disabled: I have recently run into some problems regarding the CPU usage of powershell on my laptop. I have disabled powershell multiple times but it still eats up a ridiculous amount of CPU. I have run an EMSIsoft security check and nothing was detected so I do not know that it is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. powershell opens at startup even when disabled

2. windows powershell keeps appearing on startup screen in win 10

3. I have disabled windowspowershell but the box still appears at startup

4. windows powershell keeps opening on startup