Windows 10: Powershell Local Policy editing

Discus and support Powershell Local Policy editing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello guys! At my company, we install PC's and the installation method is rather long. But as I can see, a lot of it can be scripted/automatised. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by varguc96, Sep 20, 2018.

1. varguc96 Win User

Powershell Local Policy editing

Hello guys!

At my company, we install PC's and the installation method is rather long.
    But as I can see, a lot of it can be scripted/automatised.
    I'm not getting anywhere with it, as I edit Policy values in the Registry, it does not show up in the gpedit.msc window.
    One particular thing I'm stuck with, is setting "Hardened UNC Paths" with Powershell.

Is there anyone with experience in this topic who can help me with this? Powershell Local Policy editing :)

Thank you so much in advance,

Bence

:)

varguc96, Sep 20, 2018
  2. begro89 Win User

Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Local Security Policysหายคับ

begro89, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding the Local Security Policy, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows button
    • Search for Administrative tools
    • Double-click the Local Security Policy

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Powershell Local Policy editing - Similar Threads - Powershell Local Policy

2. Edit Group Policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edit Group Policy: how can i open group policy ? it say windows cant find gpedit.msc. And then i search on google hoe to fix it, yeah i got a few step, but they say when Installing Element not Found in Cmd. Btw i try to install it from text in notepad...
  3. Read local group policy using PowerShell commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Read local group policy using PowerShell commands: I am unable to get Gpresult of local group policy using powershell I need help on this to get local the local gpo's on windows sever 2022. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-local-group-policy-using-powershell-commands/e3477740-5db5-44f9-986b-e599f2e7eedc
  4. Read local group policy using PowerShell commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Read local group policy using PowerShell commands: I am unable to get Gpresult of local group policy using powershell I need help on this to get local the local gpo's on windows sever 2022. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-local-group-policy-using-powershell-commands/e3477740-5db5-44f9-986b-e599f2e7eedc
  5. How to edit default existing Local Group Policy Editor with Powershell, instead of using...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to edit default existing Local Group Policy Editor with Powershell, instead of using...: For this example, if the area is missing run regsvr32 gptext.dll in PowerShell first, according to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/group-policy/group-policy-areas-missingFor example, if I want to allow MAPS, with the Local Group Policy Editor, I...
  6. How to edit default existing Local Group Policy Editor with Powershell, instead of using...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to edit default existing Local Group Policy Editor with Powershell, instead of using...: For this example, if the area is missing run regsvr32 gptext.dll in PowerShell first, according to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-server/group-policy/group-policy-areas-missingFor example, if I want to allow MAPS, with the Local Group Policy Editor, I...
  7. Execution Policy in Powershell

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Execution Policy in Powershell: Hello,For Execution Policy for PowerShell, mine was set to unrestricted, which I changed to restricted, assuming it will make my PC more secure.I tried to learn about this, but I didnt understand whether restricted is the best and the most secure option for someone who uses...
  8. Is there a way to edit local group policy from cmd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to edit local group policy from cmd: I tried editing the local group policy from gui , now i trying to automate using a script . submitted by /u/the_oddsaint [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ldciap/is_there_a_way_to_edit_local_group_policy_from_cmd/
  9. Local Group Policy Editor for Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Local Group Policy Editor for Windows 10 Home Edition: Ever wondered if you can get gpedit.msc for Windows 10 Home? Well it is, and can be done fairly easily. But using gpedit.msc does have some limits and may not work as intended. How can I try it? Using any version of Windows 10 you are able to download the installer...
  10. Windows 10 - Local Group Policy (PowerShell)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - Local Group Policy (PowerShell): I been looking online and I cant find much on how to automate local group policies for a stand-alone workstation. Not connected to a domain controller or active directory. I wanted to use powershell to do this. Anyone got an idea or point me in the right direction to...