Windows 10: Powershell Missing in Context Menu - FOUND!

Discus and support Powershell Missing in Context Menu - FOUND! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Right-click on start button displays a context menu with a variety of system options. Until 10074, that could include Command Prompt or Powershell. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by f14tomcat, May 5, 2015.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Powershell Missing in Context Menu - FOUND!

Right-click on start button displays a context menu with a variety of system options. Until 10074, that could include Command Prompt or Powershell. In this build, Powershell seems to have disappeared, but not really. It is on the Quick Access Toolbar just below, or over, the Ribbon, depending on your choice.

Here is a pic of where it's hiding. Since it's on the Quick Access Toolbar (if you have it enabled), it will appear and start with current folder you are in or have highlighted.

Click on small down-arrow next to Powershell icon to change where the Quick Access Toolbar will be located and to add/remove other Quick Access Toolbar options.

========================================================================

Powershell Missing in Context Menu - FOUND! [​IMG]

========================================================================

:)

f14tomcat, May 5, 2015

2. Locked Powershell startup command in context menu

Hi

I had thought it had resolved the problem of the 2 PowerShell scripts as I was able disable them in the context menu of startup. Unfortunately I'm not able to delete them, either in CCleaner or in the registry even though I set permissions to full control.
    That said CCleaner shows them as disabled.

Have I missed something?

Hi

I had missed the section on applying full control to the command folder beneath the PowerShell one in regedit. Since I changed the permissions on the command folder as well I have now deleted the two scripts from the startup program list in the context menu.

Many thanks for your help.

K

kieronredmond, May 5, 2015
  3. Micah Bat Win User
    Locked Powershell startup command in context menu

Glad to hear that the solution has worked for you. We will now be closing the case on our end. Should you have further queries, feel free to post a new thread.

Best Regards.

Micah Bat, May 5, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Yes, Property page is not working. However, It's not hidden. If you click on File, You'll see Power Shell, Command Prompt etc... there then you can right click and "Add to Quick Access Toolbar".

topgundcp, May 5, 2015
  5. Edwin New Member
    Somebody 'misplaced' them in Build 10074.
    You have to copy them from:
    C:\Users\{your name}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\System Tools\WinX\Group3
    and paste them in:
    C:\Users\{your name}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3

...then you'll be able to toggle them in the WinX Menu via Taskbar Properties.

Edwin, May 5, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Very good Edwin. One typo though:
    C:\Users\{your name}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\
    Windows System\WinX\Group3

Instead of System Tools

topgundcp, May 5, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    Oops!
    Weird though, when I highlight the address to copy and paste it, it changes the name! *Confused

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Powershell Missing in Context Menu - FOUND! - Similar Threads - Powershell Missing Context

2. Missing context menu on search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing context menu on search bar: I am trying to get rid of advertisements in my search bar.Microsoft's answer is: Right click on your taskbarSelect Search then clear "Show search highlights".However, when I right click on my taskbar there are only two options:Task ManagerTaskbar settingsHow do I access,...
  3. Missing options in Context menu/New

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing options in Context menu/New: As the image below shows, I'm missing the new text file option and several others I know I've seen before.I don't know when these options disappeared or if I ever had them. I mainly played games for a few months after upgrading to Windows 11.I'm fully prepared to edit the...
  4. Onerive context menu missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onerive context menu missing: The context menu right click with the "Share/View Online/Always Keep On This Device" options is missing on one of my computers for some reason. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling OneDrive, but that didn't fix it. I also tried the solutions from the Microsoft support...
  5. Onerive context menu missing

Onerive context menu missing: The context menu right click with the "Share/View Online/Always Keep On This Device" options is missing on one of my computers for some reason. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling OneDrive, but that didn't fix it. I also tried the solutions from the Microsoft support...
  6. Onerive context menu missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. "Convert to" option missing in context menu

"Convert to" option missing in context menu: Dear Microsoft, previously when I was a windows10 user, I had an option named "Convert to" or something like that from where I used to convert my PDF files to excel, word, or PowerPoint...but after the windows 11 update I noticed that option as missing in my context menu the...
  8. "Convert to" option missing in context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Convert to" option missing in context menu: Dear Microsoft, previously when I was a windows10 user, I had an option named "Convert to" or something like that from where I used to convert my PDF files to excel, word, or PowerPoint...but after the windows 11 update I noticed that option as missing in my context menu the...
  9. Missing items in context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing items in context menu: I've noticed that when ever I right click on my Desktop: no longer have nvidia control panel as an option Files: no winrar options like add to archive Certain games: no locale emulator -> run in Japanese There's most likely other stuff missing from context menu too I just...
  10. PowerShell - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    PowerShell - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: PowerShell - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add PowerShell to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows PowerShell is a task-based command-line shell and scripting language designed especially for system administration. This tutorial...