Windows 10: Powershell mkdir command doesn't work on Documents system file

Discus and support Powershell mkdir command doesn't work on Documents system file in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Of course, I can normally create a folder on Documents, but when I try to use the mkdir command on Documents, it doesn't work. It's like it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Yakarup, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Yakarup Win User

Powershell mkdir command doesn't work on Documents system file

Of course, I can normally create a folder on Documents, but when I try to use the mkdir command on Documents, it doesn't work. It's like it doesn't exist. Even though I can type in the path and open files on Documents on powershell. But when I use mkdir on Desktop, it doesn't work Powershell mkdir command doesn't work on Documents system file 94ea8fef-8a9d-4d84-9c20-d3cac1e5e1d1?upload=true.png

Powershell mkdir command doesn't work on Documents system file e7b180cc-815d-4734-b074-cb848583e544?upload=true.png

The mkdir command works on other system files like Desktop or Downloads but never on Documents.

It's not only the mkdir command, but when using npm on powershell it even acts the same! Basically in the picture, it trys to create the package.json file but it can't because it can't find the folder ' ee ' even though its right there in the path?

Powershell mkdir command doesn't work on Documents system file 8b8ec916-66f3-4072-a83a-6c4538bfc62a?upload=true.png

:)

Yakarup, Jul 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 command line problem: mkdir THE SYSTEM CANNOT FIND THE FILE SPECIFIED

I am trying to create a directory on my desktop from command line I typed mkdir changing-lanes. mkdir command should create a folder named changing-lanes the command but instead writes The system cannot find the file specifies.
    Creating a file in an existing folder using Atom text editor gives an error message output no such file or directory, open filepath. I have a feeling my windows is not recognizing the mkdir command it might be corrupt?

AutumnChunk1262, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    Windows PowerShell instead of Command Window

This issue in the Context Menu usually occurs if changes were made in the registry. May we know if you made any changes in the value of the registry of your device?

Based from the result of the SFC tool, there are some corrupted files found in the system. We suggest that you continue with the troubleshooting steps using the
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command, DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
      Enter.

Let us know if the steps provided above works for you.

Joan Pin, Jul 26, 2020
  4. SarahKong Win User

Files created from MKDIR in cmd.exe not displaying in graphical user-interface

It is not a file that command.

That command mkdir is to create a folder.

So in your documents folder you should see a sub folder called test when you run that command.

SarahKong, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Powershell mkdir command doesn't work on Documents system file - Similar Threads - Powershell mkdir command

2. Powershell command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell command: Hi How can i get a list via powershell commandof expired users password in AD like this screenshot.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-command/54833831-89ba-4641-a5b2-2d55e848aab8
  3. Powershell command

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell command: Hi How can i get a list via powershell commandof expired users password in AD like this screenshot.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-command/54833831-89ba-4641-a5b2-2d55e848aab8
  4. Powershell command

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  6. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell: I'm trying to call 'cmd' inside Windows PowerShell console in order to get to work immediately with Command Prompt mode, but I got this message instead:I know I can use Command Prompt outside of PowerShell, but this is a special case.Any suggestions about how can I revert...
  7. CMD command doesn't work on PowerShell

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. MKDIR and JAVA APPs !!! cannot create subfolders in users/xxxx/documents system folder....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MKDIR and JAVA APPs !!! cannot create subfolders in users/xxxx/documents system folder....: It is about the known problem, but in a different context: it is not possible to create a subdirectory in the user/XXXXX/documents directory. The work around has already been described here. I have the problem with a JavaApp: all attempts to create a subdirectory in the...
  9. powershell commands

powershell commands: I would like a PowerShell ISE command to open a .flac file at a certain time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-commands/ea3b6d02-cddd-419d-9ba5-a18f14e67ba5
  10. Windows 10 command line problem: mkdir THE SYSTEM CANNOT FIND THE FILE SPECIFIED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 command line problem: mkdir THE SYSTEM CANNOT FIND THE FILE SPECIFIED: I am trying to create a directory on my desktop from command line I typed mkdir changing-lanes. mkdir command should create a folder named changing-lanes the command but instead writes The system cannot find the file specifies. Creating a file in an existing folder using Atom...