Windows 10: PowerShell not-even-noob needs help with script to locate pairs of fil

Discus and support PowerShell not-even-noob needs help with script to locate pairs of fil in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have organized my photos by YYYY-MM-DD for use with Adobe Lightroom. (which works Ok for me, maybe not for everyone else ... ) Until about 2 years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by x509, Aug 3, 2020.

1. x509 Win User

PowerShell not-even-noob needs help with script to locate pairs of fil

I have organized my photos by YYYY-MM-DD for use with Adobe Lightroom. (which works Ok for me, maybe not for everyone else ... )

Until about 2 years ago I shot NEF+JPG, meaning I have both the RAW file and the JPG for every photo. But since I've gotten more proficient in Lightroom (which ain't exactly easy ...) I now realize *Confused that I don't need the out-of-camera JPGs. I have probably thousands of these JPG files scattered over many directories and subdirectories, which only clutter my folders and waste at least 200 GB.

Can someone help me out a PS script that would list out folder by folder, which NEF files also have a corresponding JPG? I'm kind of an old-timer. Before using DOS, I was using CP/M on a Z80 machine with ... 64 KB of RAM and 2 1.2 MB 8" double-sided, double-density floppy drives. Then I got an early PC AT clone with 640 KB of RAM, plus extra with some card called "Six Pack." So I know the DOS bat/cmd script, but I have never been able to master PS.*Sad

Whenever I create a derivative JPG file from an edited JPG, I now export to a different set of folders. *Smile

Once I get this PS working, I think I'm smart enough to figure out how to adapt the script to look for any JPGs that were created at a later date, meaning those are derivative JPGs that I stored in the wrong folder (before I got skilled enough with Lightroom's complicated workflow. *Wink

Thanks in advance. Many thanks.

:)

x509, Aug 3, 2020

2. powershell newbie needs help

I am very new to powershell (long time DOS user)

I have encountered several issues

1. When I run a perl script from powershell a new pops open the perl script runs and then the window closes. Do I have any control over this behaviour ?
    2. when I run an external program how do I pass the value of an environment variable to the external program without cutting and pasting the value from a "dir env:" listing ?

Thanks.

cybersurfer(2), Aug 3, 2020
  3. PowerShell scripts not working with Call operator

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while developing a PowerShell script using the Call operator. I would suggest you to refer the articles

The Windows PowerShell ISE

However, as the issue is related to developing PowerShell scripts, I would suggest you to post your query on

MSDN forums
    , where we have expertise and developers who are well equipped with the knowledge of developing PowerShell scripts in Windows.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 3, 2020
  4. lvgandhi Win User

powershell help does not seem to work

Thanks for response.
    I have done chkdsk C: /f also.
    still not working. I tried your suggestion also. That also does not work.
    But as I said get-help dir works. Please see below

PowerShell not-even-noob needs help with script to locate pairs of fil [​IMG]

lvgandhi, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. PowerShell not-even-noob needs help with script to locate pairs of fil - Similar Threads - PowerShell noob needs

2. Is This a PowerShell/Startup Script? Is it Normal Behavior? Need Urgent Help Because This...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is This a PowerShell/Startup Script? Is it Normal Behavior? Need Urgent Help Because This...: I made a post about this a few days ago but there was no definitive conclusion on what this was and I'm no less worried then than I am now. I don't use PowerShell at all, I've never engaged with or created Scripts in my life, but I'm at my wits end with understanding this or...
  3. Is This a PowerShell/Startup Script? Is it Normal Behavior? Need Urgent Help Because This...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is This a PowerShell/Startup Script? Is it Normal Behavior? Need Urgent Help Because This...: I made a post about this a few days ago but there was no definitive conclusion on what this was and I'm no less worried then than I am now. I don't use PowerShell at all, I've never engaged with or created Scripts in my life, but I'm at my wits end with understanding this or...
  4. Is This a PowerShell/Startup Script? Is it Normal Behavior? Need Urgent Help Because This...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. PowerShell script

in Windows 10 Support
    PowerShell script: The code below tests a series of IPs in a txt file.The result is as follows and is written in a txt file. 19.191.12.161 - online 19.191.12.162 - offline 19.191.12.163 - offline 19.191.12.164 - offline 19.191.12.165 - offline also see the scrennshot Code: $Output= @()$GetIP =...
  6. pc noob needs help please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pc noob needs help please: hi, so around 2 months ago i bought a pre built pc for casual gaming. i know hardly anything about pcs. and everything was fine until one day i was watching youtube and my pc randomly shut off, after it turned back on a screen popped up that said something along the lines of...
  7. Complete noob needs help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Complete noob needs help: I've just downloaded Apex Legends from Steam but it won't launch, error comes in saying "D3DCOMPILER_43.dll was not found" I did some digging and downloaded DirectX, but ANOTHER error pops up, this time it says: "Error creating process <C:\Users\[my...
  8. powershell scripts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    powershell scripts: Hi, I have azure. Someone is somehow installing powershell scripts onto my computer that allows them to host my PC through P2P and UDP connections, well I think so anyway. I have only just found powershell script entry changes in my registry by accident. These criminals...
  9. Help! I’m a noob

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! I’m a noob: VCRUNTIME.dll I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling through command prompt Tried installing it from the Microsoft website Also tried (scannow) on command prompt. Just trying to download origin for gaming Scared to download anything from the internet I see from YouTube...
  10. powershell script

in Windows 10 Customization
    powershell script: looking for a script to monitor for a folder, if there is a file in that folder send it as an email, once the email is sent out, confirm and then move the files to an archive folder. monitor c:\test\*.pdf No files, do not send email. Yes Files, send an email to someone at...