Windows 10: Powershell on Startup?

Discus and support Powershell on Startup? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I boot up Windows, the Powershell window appears for a split second and disappears (but it remains running in the background). I don't know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Parthu1708, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Powershell on Startup?

Whenever I boot up Windows, the Powershell window appears for a split second and disappears (but it remains running in the background). I don't know why but I found out that I have 2 instances of Powershell appearing in my list of Startup apps, both have high startup impact.

Is Powershell supposed to run on startup? What'll happen if I just disable it?

:)

Parthu1708, Nov 5, 2018

2. Windows PowerShell opens up at Startup

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Windows PowerShell might be one of the Startup programs on your computer. All the Startup programs are launched at Startup by Windows. I suggest you to check if the
    Windows PowerShell program is enabled on the Startup. To check the Startup programs press
    Ctrl + Shift + Esc Keys together and open Task Manager. Go to the
    Startup tab and check if Windows PowerShell is listed. If it is listed under the Startup programs, select it and click on
    Disable. Further restart the computer to check if the issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Powershell on Startup?

Windows Powershell auto opens when booting up

Hi Victor,

To stop Windows Powershell to start whenever you boot up your laptop, we suggest you to follow the steps listed below for selecting the services you want to run at startup:

• Search System Configurationfrom the taskbar.
    • Select the top result, System Configuration desktop app.
    • Go to the Startup tab on the System Configuration main window.
    • Uncheck the box next to Windows Powershell program.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Restart to restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Powershell on Startup?

1. Powershell on Startup? - Similar Threads - Powershell Startup

2. Is This a PowerShell/Startup Script? Is it Normal Behavior? Need Urgent Help Because This...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is This a PowerShell/Startup Script? Is it Normal Behavior? Need Urgent Help Because This...: I made a post about this a few days ago but there was no definitive conclusion on what this was and I'm no less worried then than I am now. I don't use PowerShell at all, I've never engaged with or created Scripts in my life, but I'm at my wits end with understanding this or...
  3. Is This a PowerShell/Startup Script? Is it Normal Behavior? Need Urgent Help Because This...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is This a PowerShell/Startup Script? Is it Normal Behavior? Need Urgent Help Because This...: I made a post about this a few days ago but there was no definitive conclusion on what this was and I'm no less worried then than I am now. I don't use PowerShell at all, I've never engaged with or created Scripts in my life, but I'm at my wits end with understanding this or...
  4. Is This a PowerShell/Startup Script? Is it Normal Behavior? Need Urgent Help Because This...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. PowerShell closes immediately upon startup, even when running ISE or as an Admin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell closes immediately upon startup, even when running ISE or as an Admin.: I've tried many many things to get Powershell to work, such as:Turning PowerShell on and off in optional features and restarting.System maintenance.powershell -noexitpowershell -noprofileDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth followed by sfc.exe /scannow.Removing...
  6. PowerShell closes immediately upon startup, even when running ISE or as an Admin.

PowerShell closes immediately upon startup, even when running ISE or as an Admin.: I've tried many many things to get Powershell to work, such as:Turning PowerShell on and off in optional features and restarting.System maintenance.powershell -noexitpowershell -noprofileDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth followed by sfc.exe /scannow.Removing...
  7. PowerShell closes immediately upon startup, even when running ISE or as an Admin.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Everytime on startup powershell command promt comes up and wont go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everytime on startup powershell command promt comes up and wont go away: Everytime on startup powershell command promt comes up with:Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Anattempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format."At line:1 char:91+ ... se$bytes;...
  9. Everytime on startup powershell command promt comes up and wont go away

Everytime on startup powershell command promt comes up and wont go away: Everytime on startup powershell command promt comes up with:Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Anattempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format."At line:1 char:91+ ... se$bytes;...
  10. Windows powershell using 3gb of ram, also suspicious startup that cant remove

Windows powershell using 3gb of ram, also suspicious startup that cant remove: I dont know if powershell comes with windows 10 or no, or i was careless trying to install some android fixing tools and they had a package of different programs and if this was one of them, when i saw chinese text on that installer ofc i stopped it but idk some stuff might...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. powershell startup

2. PoswerShell showing after start

3. windows powershell in start menu

4. disable windows powershell on startup,
  5. powershell.exe on startup,
  6. windows powershell pops up on startup,
  7. windows powershell opens at startup,
  8. windows powershell on startup,
  9. why is powershell running at startup,
  10. how to stop powershell on startup,
  11. powershell open when windows 10 bootw,