Windows 10: powershell opening at startup

Discus and support powershell opening at startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Powershell opening at startup. I have been through every dumb suggestion given. Nothing works or fixes this problem. When a problem becomes this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by greggustin1, Aug 10, 2020.

1. powershell opening at startup

Powershell opening at startup.

I have been through every dumb suggestion given. Nothing works or fixes this problem.

When a problem becomes this widespread, windows should build the fix into an update. Microsoft's lack of concern, or inability to fix simple yet very annoying issues like this is why Apple is still in existence.

MICROSOFT PLEASE FIX THE "POWERSHELL" at opening bug / glitch / problem on many pc's.

Also, move "RESTART" away from "RESET" This is also stupid. 1 out of 5 attempted power off's turn into a reset for all windows users. Why can't you all fix common sense things like this quickly?

:)

greggustin1, Aug 10, 2020

2. Windows PowerShell opens up at Startup

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Windows PowerShell might be one of the Startup programs on your computer. All the Startup programs are launched at Startup by Windows. I suggest you to check if the
    Windows PowerShell program is enabled on the Startup. To check the Startup programs press
    Ctrl + Shift + Esc Keys together and open Task Manager. Go to the
    Startup tab and check if Windows PowerShell is listed. If it is listed under the Startup programs, select it and click on
    Disable. Further restart the computer to check if the issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Drone Win User
    Drone, Aug 10, 2020
  4. powershell opening at startup

Windows Powershell auto opens when booting up

Hi Victor,

To stop Windows Powershell to start whenever you boot up your laptop, we suggest you to follow the steps listed below for selecting the services you want to run at startup:

• Search System Configurationfrom the taskbar.
    • Select the top result, System Configuration desktop app.
    • Go to the Startup tab on the System Configuration main window.
    • Uncheck the box next to Windows Powershell program.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Restart to restart your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

powershell opening at startup

1. powershell opening at startup - Similar Threads - powershell opening startup

2. Powershell opening on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell opening on startup: Everytime I boot my computer three tabs of powershell opens and it says its running WOW64. Why is that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-opening-on-startup/a0acb780-cc21-4ccd-907c-a142ffd4dab2
  3. Powershell opening on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell opening on startup: Everytime I boot my computer three tabs of powershell opens and it says its running WOW64. Why is that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-opening-on-startup/a0acb780-cc21-4ccd-907c-a142ffd4dab2
  4. Powershell opening on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PowerShell opens at Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    PowerShell opens at Startup in Windows 10: PowerShell is not an application that we wish to open at Startup. There are instances that users reporting that Powershell is opening at startup on Windows 10. In this guide, we have solutions to fix that issue. Generally, we use Windows PowerShell to configure, manage and...
  6. PowerShell opens on startup

PowerShell opens on startup: So after I formated my computer, a few days later PowerShell opened after the welcome screen. All I did was format my laptop and then that happened. Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-opens-on-startup/04b5d229-a2b3-4c05-978e-4484b83709cc
  7. Powershell opening at startup.

Powershell opening at startup.: Hello, Powershell kees popping up whenever my PC starts up. The location is C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe This also was popping up when I had Windows 7. Norton's doesn't detect anything wrong. Can someone please help???...
  8. Windows PowerShell opens up at Startup

Windows PowerShell opens up at Startup: Windows PowerShell opens up at Startup, but under the task menu start up tab it is disabled. Is there another way I can stop it from running automatically?...
  9. Windows Powershell Opens Upon Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Powershell Opens Upon Startup: I don't know why but Windows Powershell is opening upon startup of my PC. It's not even running any commands! I am concerned and annoyed! Is this normal and if yes how do I disable it?...
  10. Powershell on Startup?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell on Startup?: Whenever I boot up Windows, the Powershell window appears for a split second and disappears (but it remains running in the background). I don't know why but I found out that I have 2 instances of Powershell appearing in my list of Startup apps, both have high startup impact....