Windows 10: Powershell or Command prompt !

Discus and support Powershell or Command prompt ! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BRIAN LOFTHOUSE, Mar 30, 2022.

1. Powershell or Command prompt !

Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop running smoothly etc. I have run various health checks over the months to try and speed things up, along with start up programs and apps running in the background etc etc. !Regards Brian

:)

BRIAN LOFTHOUSE, Mar 30, 2022
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Mar 30, 2022
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Mar 30, 2022
  4. Powershell or Command prompt !

Elevated Command prompt option replaced by Powershell

Hi All,

I am aware that, we have an option to revert to command prompt by using this option from the settings>Taskbar>

Replace Command Prompt with Windows Poweshell in the menu when i right click the start button

My question is different, when we try to open an elevated command prompt in some windows explorer - it still shows the powershell option only.

I will attach a screenshot of it. Kindly advice and guide step by step how to change the same to command prompt.

P.s : I have already changed the powershell option to command prompt in the Win+X menu - Did not helped

Powershell or Command prompt ! 71b4ee99-41ba-423b-8012-2b0e252b1420.png

Powershell or Command prompt ! 77a41170-f02f-4026-995d-e1bc57c1402f.png

--

Thanks in advance.

Harish T

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Harish Thiru, Mar 30, 2022
Thema:

Powershell or Command prompt !

1. Powershell or Command prompt ! - Similar Threads - Powershell Command prompt

2. Both Command Prompt and Powershell won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both Command Prompt and Powershell won't open.: I have been having trouble opening up command prompt and Power Shell. Every time I attempted to open up command prompt, it would close immediately or it will give me the following message: ```[process exited with code 3221225477 0xc0000005]You can now close this terminal with...
  3. Command Prompt And PowerShell Run Automatically On Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt And PowerShell Run Automatically On Reboot: The last 3 times I've rebooted, I notice that the first thing to run is CMD.exe open window and if I do not immediately stop it, it launches I suspect command prompt lauches it PowerShell which runs a script open window and they both will close.I also suspect this is a virus...
  4. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  5. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  6. SFC Works in command prompt but not in powershell

SFC Works in command prompt but not in powershell: When I try to run SFC in powershell I'm told, cannot run repair service. It's OK in command prompt.Run as administrator in both.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-works-in-command-prompt-but-not-in-powershell/7ad20074-7d56-4cbb-a2e0-45804c1adaf5
  7. SFC Works in command prompt but not in powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC Works in command prompt but not in powershell: When I try to run SFC in powershell I'm told, cannot run repair service. It's OK in command prompt.Run as administrator in both.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-works-in-command-prompt-but-not-in-powershell/7ad20074-7d56-4cbb-a2e0-45804c1adaf5
  8. SFC Woks in command prompt bu not in powershel

SFC Woks in command prompt bu not in powershel: When I try to run SFC in powershell I'm told, cannot run repair service. It's OK in command prompt.Run as administrator in both.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-woks-in-command-prompt-bu-not-in-powershel/7ad20074-7d56-4cbb-a2e0-45804c1adaf5
  9. Use "Command Prompt" instead of "PowerShell"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use "Command Prompt" instead of "PowerShell": Hi! I'm using Windows 10 version 1807, In this version, the option "Open in Command Prompt" fully removed from Explorer, in "File" menu and [Shift]+[Right Click] menu, And there's no option to get it back in Settings, only there's an option for [Alt]+[X] menu. I have to...
  10. Change PowerShell To Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Change PowerShell To Command Prompt: How do you change from PowerShell to Command Prompt using file explorer ? 104838