Windows 10: PowerShell parser problems

Discus and support PowerShell parser problems in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been struggling with a PowerShell script for days. Older versions from a year ago are fine. New versions, some with only minor changes, raise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Richard Mueller, Feb 28, 2024.

1. PowerShell parser problems

I have been struggling with a PowerShell script for days. Older versions from a year ago are fine. New versions, some with only minor changes, raise syntax errors. The lines flagged are fine. Very similar lines are not flagged. For days I assumed something wrong earlier was the problem, like unbalanced quotes, parentheses, or curly braces. But I found nothing. Finally, I copied a version from a year ago that still raises no errors. I modified some comments and revised variables for copyright and report filename, all at the top. Even with these minor changes the script raises errors hundreds of

:)

Richard Mueller, Feb 28, 2024
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Feb 28, 2024
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 28, 2024
  4. PowerShell parser problems

MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser problem

Hi, received an email from MS Community asking if I had resolved this issue. As I have had no response to my last reply the answer is no. I am still left with the quandry outlined above. Is it safe to uninstall MSMXL 4 SP3 parser ? Is there a potential security
    risk in having version 4.30.2100 and if there is how can I prevent any vulnerability by either downloading version 4.30.2117 or uninstalling MSXMX 4 SP3 parser altogether as suggested on the Secunia forum ?

I contacted MS support via 'chat' but it was not a very productive experience and although the adviser trotted out the

advice against uninstalling only confused me further with additional information and I am not sure grasped what I was on about.

Again any further help appreciated as I am stuck.

Albatross1, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

PowerShell parser problems

1. PowerShell parser problems - Similar Threads - PowerShell parser problems

2. PowerShell parser problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell parser problems: I have been struggling with a PowerShell script for days. Older versions from a year ago are fine. New versions, some with only minor changes, raise syntax errors. The lines flagged are fine. Very similar lines are not flagged. For days I assumed something wrong earlier was...
  3. what is a parser error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is a parser error: what is a parser error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-parser-error/483a20c5-47f6-4628-ae7e-2df34d38955b
  4. what is a parser error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is a parser error: what is a parser error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-parser-error/483a20c5-47f6-4628-ae7e-2df34d38955b
  5. icons problem powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icons problem powershell: Hello everyone,I have a problem downloading the icons CascadiaCode => context deadline exceeded.I thought I had found the solution by installing them myself and it worked until I restarted my PC, the icons are installed but powershell does not see them and suddenly I have to...
  6. icons problem powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    icons problem powershell: Hello everyone,I have a problem downloading the icons CascadiaCode => context deadline exceeded.I thought I had found the solution by installing them myself and it worked until I restarted my PC, the icons are installed but powershell does not see them and suddenly I have to...
  7. PowerShell problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerShell problems: After a update for windows 10, I now get on startup a screen blue with a flashing curser it's PowerShell how do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-problems/d09cb9eb-d759-483f-8ace-c1a9b5b9397a
  8. Parser error

Parser error: I have the following error C:\windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework64\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config Please assist Many thanks Steve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parser-error/c757c89e-48a6-4364-9aca-03809ff4d920
  9. PowerShell problem in 1809

PowerShell problem in 1809: Hi PS C:\> get-date 03 February 2019 10:31:23 PS C:\> Get-NetAdapter Get-NetAdapter : Invalid class At line:1 char:1 + Get-NetAdapter + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : MetadataError: (MSFT_NetAdapter:ROOT/StandardCimv2/MSFT_NetAdapter) [Get-NetA dapter],...
  10. parser error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    parser error: Upgrading from W7 pro to W10 pro (USB) - have a message that says parser error. C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.050727\config\machine.config parser returned error 0xC00CE556 I am a novice at this so have no idea what it means. 86190