Windows 10: PowerShell password authentication failed for user

Discus and support PowerShell password authentication failed for user in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I am learning database management and the course has exercises using PowerShell. We practice creating user by connecting to Postgres, but also to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by UserQLL, May 25, 2023.

1. UserQLL Win User

PowerShell password authentication failed for user

Hi,I am learning database management and the course has exercises using PowerShell. We practice creating user by connecting to Postgres, but also to do so locally with commandPowerShell password authentication failed for user :pS C:\Users\*me*> createuser --interactiveEnter name of role to add: test_interactiveShall the new role be a superuser? y/n nShall the new role be allowed to create database? y/n nShall the new role be allowed to create more new roles? y/n yPasswordPowerShell password authentication failed for user :password:createuser: error: connection to server at "localhost" : :1, port 5432 failed: FATAL: password authentication failed for user "*me*"I have already tried w

:)

UserQLL, May 25, 2023
  2. Zaki_j Win User

Microsoft Authenticator

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to how the Microsoft Authenticator App works.

The Microsoft Authenticator app helps you sign-in to your accounts if you use two-factor verification. Two-factor verification helps you to access your accounts more securely, especially while viewing
    sensitive information. Because passwords can be forgotten, stolen, or compromised, two-factor verification is an additional security step that helps protect your account by making it harder for other people to break in.

You can use the Microsoft Authenticator app in multiple ways, including:

• Respond to a prompt for authentication after you sign in with your username and password.
    • Sign-in without entering a password, using your username, the authenticator app, and your mobile device with your fingerprint, face, or PIN.
    • As a code generator for any other accounts that support authenticator apps.

I suggest you refer to the article for more information on
    What is the Microsoft Authenticator app?and you may also
    refer to the article about Microsoft Authenticator app FAQ

However, let me point you in the right direction where you can get the appropriate assistance regarding this issue. I suggest you to post your query in
    Microsoft Authenticator App forums
    where we have expertise and support professionals.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, May 25, 2023
  3. Windows 10 password authentication fails when connected to the VPN

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as the password authentication fails when connected to the VPN in Windows 10.

Let me point you in the right direction, where you would get the appropriate help for this issue. I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have experts
    and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge password authentication in a VPN connection to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 25, 2023
  4. PowerShell password authentication failed for user

Save password for proxy authentication in Firefox??

Here is how you save your proxy password in firefox.

1. first go to security and make sure your have "Remember passwords for sites" checked.

2. enter the ip address of your proxy server in the address bar. Example: 136.0.119.203:29342

3 enter the password into the password box that comes up.

4. When the box comes up that asks if you want to save your password click "Remember Password"

5. go back to advance, connection settings where you saved your proxy info and make sure were it says "Do not prompt for authentication if password is saved" at the bottom of the popup box is checked.

From now on you shouldn't have to enter your user name and password again.

Chuck Baker, May 25, 2023
Thema:

PowerShell password authentication failed for user

1. PowerShell password authentication failed for user - Similar Threads - PowerShell password authentication

2. PowerShell password authentication failed for user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PowerShell password authentication failed for user: Hi,I am learning database management and the course has exercises using PowerShell. We practice creating user by connecting to Postgres, but also to do so locally with command:PS C:\Users\*me*> createuser --interactiveEnter name of role to add: test_interactiveShall the new...
  3. PowerShell password authentication failed for user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerShell password authentication failed for user: Hi,I am learning database management and the course has exercises using PowerShell. We practice creating user by connecting to Postgres, but also to do so locally with command:PS C:\Users\*me*> createuser --interactiveEnter name of role to add: test_interactiveShall the new...
  4. Power-on authentication password?

Power-on authentication password?: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-on-authentication-password/adbe359a-7e37-4084-8da3-e2e8ef3bfc7e
  5. Power-on authentication password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Power-on authentication password?: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-on-authentication-password/adbe359a-7e37-4084-8da3-e2e8ef3bfc7e
  6. Power-on authentication password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Powershell cmdlet : Invoke- command with CredSSP authentication fails with error as below

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell cmdlet : Invoke- command with CredSSP authentication fails with error as below: Error :Invoke-Command-Authentication Credssp -Credential $Credential-ComputerName node1 -Scriptblock $test[centralserver:] Connecting to remote server centralserver:failed with the following error message : The WinRM client cannot process the request. A computer policy does...
  8. Powershell cmdlet : Invoke- command with CredSSP authentication fails with error as below

Powershell cmdlet : Invoke- command with CredSSP authentication fails with error as below: Error :Invoke-Command-Authentication Credssp -Credential $Credential-ComputerName node1 -Scriptblock $test[centralserver:] Connecting to remote server centralserver:failed with the following error message : The WinRM client cannot process the request. A computer policy does...
  9. Re: Authenticated Users

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Re: Authenticated Users: Hi, I accidentally deleted the "Authenticated Users" from my PC. [ATTACH] How can a get it back? Regards, Kyle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-authenticated-users/1cc2710f-7635-44e4-8f3a-8dfc27d9c541
  10. Windows 10 password authentication fails when connected to the VPN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 password authentication fails when connected to the VPN: We have been experiencing a weird issue for the past couple of weeks. When CISCO any connect is connected you cannot unlock the computer if it locks. I found this thread describing exactly the same symptoms....