Windows 10: Powershell popup force laptop shutdown

Discus and support Powershell popup force laptop shutdown in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My laptop has been in s mode since purchase at christmas and over the last 5 days ive been getting a popup in a blue box asking if i want to run... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dougforeman1, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Powershell popup force laptop shutdown

My laptop has been in s mode since purchase at christmas and over the last 5 days ive been getting a popup in a blue box asking if i want to run windows powershell.exe. This happens between 8 and 9 every night, i haven't tried to run powershell or any other app. I can't close the popup and i can't use anything on my computer while the popup is there, I have to force my laptop to shutdown and then turn it on again to get rid of it. Any advice on why this is happening would be much appreciated I'm concerned it is a virus.

:)

dougforeman1, Jun 4, 2021
  2. rmoreau Win User

How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

Hi,
    I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved.
    Any suggestion ?

Regards

rmoreau, Jun 4, 2021
  3. Kursah Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jun 4, 2021
  4. Powershell popup force laptop shutdown

Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

Powershell popup force laptop shutdown

1. Powershell popup force laptop shutdown - Similar Threads - Powershell popup force

2. Laptop lag after force shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop lag after force shutdown: Basically while i was playing a game i had to force shutdown the game since it froze, after trying to open my laptop again its way to laggy, i also notice it since the browser rakes way too long to load and some games including Valorant, Minecraft, etc. gets to 1fps then...
  3. Laptop lag after force shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop lag after force shutdown: Basically while i was playing a game i had to force shutdown the game since it froze, after trying to open my laptop again its way to laggy, i also notice it since the browser rakes way too long to load and some games including Valorant, Minecraft, etc. gets to 1fps then...
  4. Laptop lag after force shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Powershell v1.0 Popups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell v1.0 Popups: I need HELP!! I keep getting this blank blue screen like command prompt popup box. The title that in the top left-hand corner says "c /windows/SysWOW64/windowspowershell/v1.0/powershell.exe"I have tried just about everything. I disabled it in the startup and the task manager,...
  6. Powershell v1.0 Popups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell v1.0 Popups: I need HELP!! I keep getting this blank blue screen like command prompt popup box. The title that in the top left-hand corner says "c /windows/SysWOW64/windowspowershell/v1.0/powershell.exe"I have tried just about everything. I disabled it in the startup and the task manager,...
  7. Laptop randomly freezes and have to force shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop randomly freezes and have to force shutdown: Hello, I have an ASUS laptop running Windows 10 pro latest build! a few months ago I upgraded my ram by adding an extra 8gb beside my original 4gbnot removable ram. everything was fine for a few days but since then my laptop freezes randomly became unusable like an screenshot...
  8. Powershell Popup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Powershell Popup: Recently I’ve been having a windows message pop up saying Powershell v1.0 wants to run on my laptop and I currently have windows in the S mode. I try to run a scan with windows security under “virus & threat protection” but I can’t find the scan button and nothing is being...
  9. Force shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Force shutdown: Hello Eversince I've been using Windows 10 I have been struggling with many bugs and blue screens. Ok well I'm used to it now. But the thing is, when the computer is stuck, I'm unable to force shutdown and force restart it. I need to wait for the battery to be depleted....
  10. Add users in "Force shutdown from a remote system" using powershell

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Add users in "Force shutdown from a remote system" using powershell: I need to add two users (both are Administrators) in the group that are approved for remote shutdown Windows 10. So far I cannot find relevant article how to do that. I have procedure how to do it from GPO, but I would like to automate this in CMD or powershell. Any...