Windows 10: Powershell/Powershell admin missing

Discus and support Powershell/Powershell admin missing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When finding a solution to remove skype today I came across a post here where the solution was found to use a powershell command. So I went to open it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeoShafai, Dec 15, 2018.

1. LeoShafai Win User

Powershell/Powershell admin missing

When finding a solution to remove skype today I came across a post here where the solution was found to use a powershell command. So I went to open it up and found out it was missing. I looked into it and found some other people with a similar problem, and they went to check this directory:

C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows PowerShell

It appears that mine is empty as you can see in this picture Powershell/Powershell admin missing f17e2733-3e53-4f13-b23b-097607981f8a?upload=true.jpg

Also besides just the start menu the Windows PowerShell folders under program files and program files x86 didn't have any application files in them, although they still had many other files under the Modules folder. I'm not sure what is supposed to be in these so if there is anything I need to get please help me with that too.

What should I do to re-install the 4 files that are supposed to be here?

{Windows PowerShell, Windows PowerShell ISE, Windows PowerShell (x86), Windows PowerShell ISE (x86)}

If it helps I only need the 64 bit versions, and admin of coarse

Thanks!

Edit: Just noticed the 4 files that are supposed to be under the start menu are all shortcuts, so it looks like I will need the apps to install into the program files folders as well.

:)

LeoShafai, Dec 15, 2018
  2. Nobody99 Win User
    Nobody99, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Kursah Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Drone Win User

PowerShell is open sourced and is available on Linux/macOS

Little bit late .. PowerShell's 10th anniversary (Nov. 14)

Drone, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Powershell/Powershell admin missing - Similar Threads - Powershell Powershell admin

2. Can't start cmd & powershell as admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't start cmd & powershell as admin: I can no longer start the cmd and powershell as administrator, even by right-clicking to start it as administrator. I tried to do a disk scan and nothing changed, I tried to contact the assistance and I also did the repair-update and also this time nothing changed. Thank you...
  3. PowerShell Admin and PowerShell is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell Admin and PowerShell is not working: I cannot use PowerShell anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-admin-and-powershell-is-not-working/5609d07f-3986-4c10-aee8-6f243bc7123b
  4. PowerShell Admin and PowerShell is not working

PowerShell Admin and PowerShell is not working: I cannot use PowerShell anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-admin-and-powershell-is-not-working/5609d07f-3986-4c10-aee8-6f243bc7123b
  5. PowerShell Admin and PowerShell is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows Powershell Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Powershell Admin: i can't open Windows Powershell it's says that the app is not installed does anyone knows how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-powershell-admin/c3c92fc2-cd09-45e2-b536-546a8d7594a7
  7. Windows Powershell Admin

Windows Powershell Admin: i can't open Windows Powershell it's says that the app is not installed does anyone knows how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-powershell-admin/c3c92fc2-cd09-45e2-b536-546a8d7594a7
  8. PowerShell file run with admin rights

in Windows 10 Support
    PowerShell file run with admin rights: I made a script in PowerShell and I have to run with admin rights. I also made a shortcut of that file and with right click -> properties, shortcut tab -> advanced -> run as admin is disabled. How can I run a ps1. file (PowerShell file) with admin rights ? (see picture) 182480
  9. How to change the WinX menu, including Powershell/Powershell (Admin)

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change the WinX menu, including Powershell/Powershell (Admin): Hello, My new W10 installation has issues. I wrote a separate post about the Explorer Menu related issues. The others are related to the WinX menu: 1. POWERSHELL IMPOSSIBLE When I use the W10 menu and select that the command prompt should be replaced by Powershell, the menu...
  10. Windows PowerShell Grant Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows PowerShell Grant Admin Rights: I am trying to grant myself admin rights on my windows 10 account using PowerShell. I know there is a way to do this in the command prompt but I can't use the cmd prompt but I can use PowerShell. I just need to know if it is possible. And if it is, I have no clue what command...