Windows 10: PowerShell problem in 1809

Discus and support PowerShell problem in 1809 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi PS C:\> get-date 03 February 2019 10:31:23 PS C:\> Get-NetAdapter Get-NetAdapter : Invalid class At line:1 char:1 + Get-NetAdapter + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ProctalgiaFugax, Feb 3, 2019.

1. PowerShell problem in 1809

Hi

PS C:\> get-date
    03 February 2019 10:31:23
    PS C:\> Get-NetAdapter
    Get-NetAdapter : Invalid class
    At line:1 char:1
    + Get-NetAdapter
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : MetadataError: (MSFT_NetAdapter:ROOT/StandardCimv2/MSFT_NetAdapter) [Get-NetA
    dapter], CimException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : HRESULT 0x80041010,Get-NetAdapter

So......

In 1803 the above definitely produced the correct output, have I changed something inadvertently, or MS have a bug?

I am still trying to find a result, DuckDuckGo is still quacking.

:)

ProctalgiaFugax, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    PowerShell randomly poping-up in tool bar

Hello,

Just to verify, do you have any scheduled tasks that uses Powershell? Scheduled tasks makes Powershell window appear periodically on your computer, therefore we suggest that you check the Task Scheduler. Here are the steps:

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on

Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

If the issue still persist, we suggest that you run a Windows Defender scan to see if it will pick up any malware that the first scan missed.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Feb 3, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

PowerShell problem in 1809

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

PowerShell problem in 1809

1. PowerShell problem in 1809 - Similar Threads - PowerShell problem 1809

2. PowerShell parser problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell parser problems: I have been struggling with a PowerShell script for days. Older versions from a year ago are fine. New versions, some with only minor changes, raise syntax errors. The lines flagged are fine. Very similar lines are not flagged. For days I assumed something wrong earlier was...
  3. PowerShell parser problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerShell parser problems: I have been struggling with a PowerShell script for days. Older versions from a year ago are fine. New versions, some with only minor changes, raise syntax errors. The lines flagged are fine. Very similar lines are not flagged. For days I assumed something wrong earlier was...
  4. icons problem powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    icons problem powershell: Hello everyone,I have a problem downloading the icons CascadiaCode => context deadline exceeded.I thought I had found the solution by installing them myself and it worked until I restarted my PC, the icons are installed but powershell does not see them and suddenly I have to...
  5. icons problem powershell

icons problem powershell: Hello everyone,I have a problem downloading the icons CascadiaCode => context deadline exceeded.I thought I had found the solution by installing them myself and it worked until I restarted my PC, the icons are installed but powershell does not see them and suddenly I have to...
  6. PowerShell problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerShell problems: After a update for windows 10, I now get on startup a screen blue with a flashing curser it's PowerShell how do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-problems/d09cb9eb-d759-483f-8ace-c1a9b5b9397a
  7. Windows 10 Powershell problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Powershell problem: [ATTACH] I can't run Powershell even after I changed the settings in the group policy. This pops up every time when I try to open Powershell I don't know if the problem is related to installing Python 3 on Windows 10. submitted by /u/PowerfulAddendum9581 [link]...
  8. Powershell Expand-archive problem.

Powershell Expand-archive problem.: I have a line as below in my script. Expand-Archive .\PR.zip -DestinationPath .\ But it gives an error as below and does not do expand archive. === calling ".ctor" with "3" argument(s): "End of Central Directory record could not be found." At...
  9. Problem with 1809 with copy an exe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with 1809 with copy an exe: Hi guys , with the newest Windows update 1809 we have a problem with our programs. We have a program in C# with 4.5 Framework that copy a .exe in C:\Folder\Folder\ but in the 1809 update we are not able to do that copy. With 1803 the .exe file are copied. What's Securty...
  10. Windows 1809 had no problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1809 had no problem: Hi I have a home built machine and had windows 10 from the off. I loaded and ran and updated to 1809 and it has gone in and no apparent problem except the audio for skype changed and I discovered that the speakers no longer ran in the socket for the rear but for the front....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1809 powershell 2 problem