Windows 10: Powershell Randomly Opening and Closing

Discus and support Powershell Randomly Opening and Closing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, Powershell has been randomly opening and instantly closing, which tabs me out of whatever I'm doing and sometimes restarts my browser Chrome.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IsaacHardin, Jan 16, 2022.

1. Powershell Randomly Opening and Closing

Recently, Powershell has been randomly opening and instantly closing, which tabs me out of whatever I'm doing and sometimes restarts my browser Chrome. I have tried resetting the browser and disabing Powershell, but it still happens. Powershell isn't in the Control Panel Startup list, so I don't know where else I can go to stop it from doing this.

:)

IsaacHardin, Jan 16, 2022
  2. Drone Win User
    Drone, Jan 16, 2022
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    PowerShell randomly poping-up in tool bar

Hello,

Just to verify, do you have any scheduled tasks that uses Powershell? Scheduled tasks makes Powershell window appear periodically on your computer, therefore we suggest that you check the Task Scheduler. Here are the steps:

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on

Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

If the issue still persist, we suggest that you run a Windows Defender scan to see if it will pick up any malware that the first scan missed.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Jan 16, 2022
  4. Powershell Randomly Opening and Closing

Windows randomly closes

My windows will randomly just close at odd times. Any suggestions?

MelissaPhilbert, Jan 16, 2022
Thema:

Powershell Randomly Opening and Closing

1. Powershell Randomly Opening and Closing - Similar Threads - Powershell Randomly Opening

2. Powershell Randomly Opening and Closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell Randomly Opening and Closing: Recently, Powershell has been randomly opening and instantly closing, which tabs me out of whatever I'm doing and sometimes restarts my browser Chrome. I have tried resetting the browser and disabing Powershell, but it still happens. Powershell isn't in the Control Panel...
  3. CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  4. CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  5. CMD and Powershell randomly opening and closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. CMD And PowerShell Open And Close

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD And PowerShell Open And Close: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  7. CMD And PowerShell Open And Close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD And PowerShell Open And Close: I was playing a game and out of nowhere my game tabbed out and cmd flashed open and closed immediately and seconds later PowerShell did the same thing. I thought nothing of it so I kept playing and then it kept happening after every game. I haven't updated anything and i...
  8. CMD And PowerShell Open And Close

9. Powershell randomly opens and closes and crashes, then restarts Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell randomly opens and closes and crashes, then restarts Google Chrome: Randomly, Powershell will open and close on its own. At times, it will also restart my browser Goggle Chrome.This just started within the past 24-48 hours. I have run a clean boot of my computer, ran CCleaner, Malware Bytes, and a full virus scan with it all coming out clean...
  10. Powershell randomly opens and closes and crashes, then restarts Google Chrome

Powershell randomly opens and closes and crashes, then restarts Google Chrome: Randomly, Powershell will open and close on its own. At times, it will also restart my browser Goggle Chrome.This just started within the past 24-48 hours. I have run a clean boot of my computer, ran CCleaner, Malware Bytes, and a full virus scan with it all coming out clean...