Windows 10: PowerShell - Remote File Checking

Discus and support PowerShell - Remote File Checking in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can i check remote users desktop for specific files for audit purpose via domain admin user? Hiren... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Hiren Delwadia, Jun 11, 2019 at 11:22 AM.

1. PowerShell - Remote File Checking

How can i check remote users desktop for specific files for audit purpose via domain admin user?

Hiren

:)

Hiren Delwadia, Jun 11, 2019 at 11:22 AM
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

3. Mark Isi Win User
    PowerShell randomly poping-up in tool bar

Hello,

Just to verify, do you have any scheduled tasks that uses Powershell? Scheduled tasks makes Powershell window appear periodically on your computer, therefore we suggest that you check the Task Scheduler. Here are the steps:

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on

Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

If the issue still persist, we suggest that you run a Windows Defender scan to see if it will pick up any malware that the first scan missed.

Let us know the outcome.

4. PowerShell - Remote File Checking

Windows 10 - the remote procedure call failed

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• In the Search box, type PowerShell

• Right click on PowerShell and choose
      Run as administrator

• In the command prompt, enter the following command:

• PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"
    Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jun 11, 2019 at 11:25 AM
Thema:

PowerShell - Remote File Checking

1. PowerShell - Remote File Checking - Similar Threads - PowerShell Remote File

2. How to check batery level via Command prompt or Powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    How to check batery level via Command prompt or Powershell: Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to check the batery level (10%, 50%, 85%) of a laptop via command prompt or powershell. 134271
  3. Changing File name with PowerShell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing File name with PowerShell: Hello everyone, I am rookie in a power shell, and I will be grateful for some help. I was trying to rename the suffix of filename, but it didn't go very well. Name of my file is: "hello.txt.abcdefg" I want to rename it into "hello.txt". I already tryed something like this:...
  4. How can cmd script check for powershell environment?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can cmd script check for powershell environment?: I can execute script abc.cmd in either a command prompt or powershell environment/window. Can it determine the environment in which it runs? Powershell 5, W10Pro64, 1803 Thank you and a Merry Christmas. 124044
  5. RED checked files

RED checked files: I bought a new laptop and copied files, pictures and other files from the old one using external hard drive. However before long all these files got small red circles with X. These files are unavailable, I cannot open them or change them. All that I have received from the...
  6. How to remotely check Disk Space on Windows computers

in Windows 10 News
    How to remotely check Disk Space on Windows computers: [ATTACH] Many people tend to use multiple devices. This includes their smartphones, personal laptops, desktops in offices and homes. Even after a great cloud-based integration with the services like OneDrive, some simple things really need the physical presence of the user...
  7. Sending files to a printer in PowerShell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sending files to a printer in PowerShell: In Windows 7 with the command prompt I could issue the following commands: net use lpt1 \\computer-name\printer-name /persistent:yes copy /A filename.txt lpt1 These assign the identifier lpt1 to a shared printer on a USB port. On my Windows 10 machine none of these...
  8. Execute Powershell command on remote computer

Execute Powershell command on remote computer: Hello, I would like to execute a PowerShell command on a remote computer. The command is the following: Invoke-Command -ComputerName 10.40.27.174 -ScriptBlock { Get-ChildItem C:\ } -credential User I get the following error: [10.40.27.174] La connexion au serveur...
  9. Windows Powershell Remote Commands Not Working -RPC Server Unavailable

Windows Powershell Remote Commands Not Working -RPC Server Unavailable: Hi All, So I'm looking for a way to remote shutdown multiple windows PCs. I was recommended in another thread to use the Stop Computer command in powershell. I've been trying to get this to work with one PC this morning, but have not had any success. Here is the issue I am...
  10. PowerShell script to Check if Your PC Is Protected Meltdown /Spectre

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PowerShell script to Check if Your PC Is Protected Meltdown /Spectre: https://www.howtogeek.com/338801/how...n-and-spectre/ Curious if anyone has run this particular script having followed the directions in the article. I am modestly comfortable running PowerShell but the instructions seemed to get deep into the weeds for me and I aborted. I...