Windows 10: Powershell reopens in new window on executing a command.

Discus and support Powershell reopens in new window on executing a command. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I execute the command "npm", the current powershell window closes and a new one reopens with "npm" in its title bar as long as the process... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Aympere, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Powershell reopens in new window on executing a command.

Whenever I execute the command "npm", the current powershell window closes and a new one reopens with "npm" in its title bar as long as the process initiated by the command is in execution. This annoys me a lot coz this isn't the case with just npm but every other command line tool I have installed. It even prevents me from seeing the results of my executed command.

I want it to work normally, executing all command in same window.

PS: my pc suddenly keps booting into command prompt in system 32 directory and I couldn't access explorer. I had to follow a fix that had me changing some registries by first triggering file explorer through cmd. This problem has persisted since then.

submitted by /u/Aympere
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Aympere, Jun 4, 2020
  2. A123 Win User

I accidently executed incorrect command >> in Powershell in Windows 10

When I executed the command, I believe I saw a green window with some text flash by. Windows seems to be working okay. I believe the command line was the following with a space or two and >>

Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.25.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml" –DisableDevelopmentMode

I do not know what >> is in Powershell. Does >> append to an existing file like in DOS and if so what existing file if one is not listed?

A123, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Kursah Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Powershell reopens in new window on executing a command.

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Powershell reopens in new window on executing a command. :)

Naki, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Powershell reopens in new window on executing a command.

1. Powershell reopens in new window on executing a command. - Similar Threads - Powershell reopens window

2. Powershell command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell command: Hi How can i get a list via powershell commandof expired users password in AD like this screenshot.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-command/54833831-89ba-4641-a5b2-2d55e848aab8
  3. Powershell command

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell command: Hi How can i get a list via powershell commandof expired users password in AD like this screenshot.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-command/54833831-89ba-4641-a5b2-2d55e848aab8
  4. Powershell command

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Most windows executable commands not recognized by CMD and PowerShell.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most windows executable commands not recognized by CMD and PowerShell.: Out of nowhere commands which involve executables like explorer.exe, msedge.exe, mspaint.exe, where, etc. are not working in command prompt or PowerShell. The output of the command prompt seem to be quite simple: ```C:\Users\grass>where 'where' is not recognized as an...
  6. Most windows executable commands not recognized by CMD and PowerShell.

Most windows executable commands not recognized by CMD and PowerShell.: Out of nowhere commands which involve executables like explorer.exe, msedge.exe, mspaint.exe, where, etc. are not working in command prompt or PowerShell. The output of the command prompt seem to be quite simple: ```C:\Users\grass>where 'where' is not recognized as an...
  7. Execution Policy in Powershell

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Execution Policy in Powershell: Hello,For Execution Policy for PowerShell, mine was set to unrestricted, which I changed to restricted, assuming it will make my PC more secure.I tried to learn about this, but I didnt understand whether restricted is the best and the most secure option for someone who uses...
  8. powershell commands

powershell commands: I would like a PowerShell ISE command to open a .flac file at a certain time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-commands/ea3b6d02-cddd-419d-9ba5-a18f14e67ba5
  9. 10 CMD commands that can be executed with PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    10 CMD commands that can be executed with PowerShell: [ATTACH] PowerShell is Microsoft’s own alternative to their own Command Prompt. Earlier, Microsoft announced that they will be open sourcing PowerShell and will be bringing it to recent versions and different Linux flavors like Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux,...
  10. Execute Powershell command on remote computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Execute Powershell command on remote computer: Hello, I would like to execute a PowerShell command on a remote computer. The command is the following: Invoke-Command -ComputerName 10.40.27.174 -ScriptBlock { Get-ChildItem C:\ } -credential User I get the following error: [10.40.27.174] La connexion au serveur...