Windows 10: Powershell Request: Turn off individual displays using multi monitors

Discus and support Powershell Request: Turn off individual displays using multi monitors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ive asked on reddit about this, so now asking here too. I strolled across someone desiring to be able to turn off extra monitors when using more than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DTG1, Dec 12, 2020.

1. DTG1 Win User

Powershell Request: Turn off individual displays using multi monitors

Ive asked on reddit about this, so now asking here too.

I strolled across someone desiring to be able to turn off extra monitors when using more than 2 monitors. Since I have 3, I thought it would be nice to have something like this and would be useful when watching a late night movie.

I have seen one or two scripts that do this but not with Powershell alone, afaik. I ask if this could be done, using powershell create a script to turn off each monitor separately using 2 separate desktop shortcuts, one for the left, one for the right, leaving the middle screen alone.

EDIT: maybe done thru a monitor profile change?

@moderators : thanks for moving but isnt this General since I'm asking about powershell?

:)

2. DTG1 Win User

Ive asked on reddit about this, so now asking here too.

I strolled across someone desiring to be able to turn off extra monitors when using more than 2 monitors. Since I have 3, I thought it would be nice to have something like this and would be useful when watching a late night movie.

I have seen one or two scripts that do this but not with Powershell alone, afaik. I ask if this could be done, using powershell create a script to turn off each monitor separately using 2 separate desktop shortcuts, one for the left, one for the right, leaving the middle screen alone.

EDIT: maybe done thru a monitor profile change?

@moderators : thanks for moving but isnt this General since I'm asking about powershell?

3. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Powershell Request: Turn off individual displays using multi monitors

Monitor keeps flashing after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Shawn,

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Is it a notebook or tablet? Try using hardware buttons to adjust display brightness up,

We have a report of at least one PC which had this issue (brightness at min, increasing brightness enabled us to continue setup).
    • Try these simple checkpoints:
      • Remove all USB devices (except for the mouse and keyboard
      • Disconnect additional monitors (if the customer is using a multi-monitor configuration)
    • While at the screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
    • If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.
    • If this resolves the screen, use corruption resolution steps (dism, then sfc), and run the all apps PowerShell command.
    WSReset.exe.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Powershell Request: Turn off individual displays using multi monitors - Similar Threads - Powershell Request Turn

2. Monitor turns off and on with no display after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns off and on with no display after upgrade.: Computer case - Focus G MiniMonitor - Optix G24C4 CPU - Intel Core i7-12700KFCPU Fan - Artic Alpine 17Storage- Silicon Power Ace A55 M.2Power Supply - Antec Gold 500wGraphics Card - AMD Radeon RX 6600 XTMotherboard - MSI MAG B660M MortarMemory Modules - XPG DDR4 8gb x 2I...
  3. Monitor turns off and on with no display after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor turns off and on with no display after upgrade.: Computer case - Focus G MiniMonitor - Optix G24C4 CPU - Intel Core i7-12700KFCPU Fan - Artic Alpine 17Storage- Silicon Power Ace A55 M.2Power Supply - Antec Gold 500wGraphics Card - AMD Radeon RX 6600 XTMotherboard - MSI MAG B660M MortarMemory Modules - XPG DDR4 8gb x 2I...
  4. Monitor turns off and on with no display after upgrade.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Powershell Request: Turn off individual displays using multi monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Powershell Request: Turn off individual displays using multi monitors: Ive asked on reddit about this, so now asking here too. I strolled across someone desiring to be able to turn off extra monitors when using more than 2 monitors. Since I have 3, I thought it would be nice to have something like this and would be useful when watching a late...
  6. My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...: For clarification, I have my display to turn off after ten minutes of inactivity and usually, the monitor would go off and stay off until the mouse was moved or a key pressed. Recently I've noticed that after the ten minutes elapses, the monitor goes to turn off and then...
  7. Multi-Monitor Setup using Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi-Monitor Setup using Laptop: Hello, I want to connect my Lenovo laptop to TWO Dell monitors, so that will be 3 screens in total including the laptops screen. However I only need the laptop to act as a PC, I don't need its screen. As my Lenovo laptop only has a single HDMI output I purchased a Techole...
  8. Secondary monitor display turns off automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary monitor display turns off automatically: I have a Dell laptop with 2 extra monitors. Everything has worked fine for a couple years and noticed about a month ago, I will be working along and everything looks up for about a second and my extra 2 displays go dark and anything on them has moved over to my laptop...
  9. Monitor/display will not turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor/display will not turn off: Hello everyone. Using the same settings and programs as in my 8.1 installation. Nothing funny, or game-related running in the background (also tried disabling everything possible). The problem is that the monitor will not turn off, either from the Power/Display power-off...
  10. Can individual app notifications be turned off using a registry key?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can individual app notifications be turned off using a registry key?: Are there registry keys to disable individual app notifications? I'd like to be able to do this from the command-line so that I can do this automated instead of touching each machine. Here is what I am talking about: [img] 31130