Windows 10: Powershell script -- new computer name with duplicated name in Active Directory

Discus and support Powershell script -- new computer name with duplicated name in Active Directory in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear folks, Anyone knows what's the powershell script for check if it's duplicate computer name in Active Directory after give a new computer name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NickCheng1982, May 28, 2020.

1. Powershell script -- new computer name with duplicated name in Active Directory

Dear folks,

Anyone knows what's the powershell script for check if it's duplicate computer name in Active Directory after give a new computer name for a desktop or laptop?

Thanks.

Nick

:)

NickCheng1982, May 28, 2020
  2. lasaia Win User

duplicated names??

Had to reinstall windows xp home. Now my device (hp ipaq 110) does not sync anymore and says there is a duplicated name in the computer. I think when installing the OS I probably wrote a different name for the PC, but now neither the PC nor the PDA recognize
    each other even as "new" devices, and they connect but don´t sync.

I will appreciate any suggestion... Thanks!

lasaia, May 28, 2020
  3. Active Directory Computers list

Hello,

I am trying to add an organizational unit to the active directory I created on my windows server 2016. However, I realize that there is no computer in the active directory computer list on my DNS domain
    (Server Manager > Tools > AD Users and Computer > domain > Computers). I did set up ADDS, DNS and DHCP through server manager. Changed the Network settings, changed the system name. Every possible thing has been tried, but I fail to understand why there is
    no computer in the active directory computer list on my DNS domain. The Domain name and the full computer name (Name.DomainName.com) does show up in the system properties. Please help me out.

HarshaDubba, May 28, 2020
  4. Eric_MMP Win User

Powershell script -- new computer name with duplicated name in Active Directory

Export list of Names & Logon Usernames from Active Directory

We're constantly manually finding what name goes to which username when we make reports that only give use usernames. I know you can export a list from Active Directory, but I don't know how to include the username in that export. I'm thinking I might
    would want to so how run a script that adds the username to the description and then export that list...but I'm not sure how. Any advice?

Eric_MMP, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Powershell script -- new computer name with duplicated name in Active Directory

1. Powershell script -- new computer name with duplicated name in Active Directory - Similar Threads - Powershell script computer

2. Active Directory - check if a computer name is already taken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory - check if a computer name is already taken: When I configure a PC, one of the first steps is to assign a name to the device. I can only choose a name who belongs in "Active Directory Users and Computers". Before assigning a name, however, I need to figure out if that name is already taken by another device. To do...
  3. Active Directory - check if a computer name is already taken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active Directory - check if a computer name is already taken: When I configure a PC, one of the first steps is to assign a name to the device. I can only choose a name who belongs in "Active Directory Users and Computers". Before assigning a name, however, I need to figure out if that name is already taken by another device. To do...
  4. the directory name is invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the directory name is invalid: after windows 10 install i get this message when i try to use my cd dvd playrt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-directory-name-is-invalid/c926c407-ebdd-4730-91de-be27bec8ff9e
  5. the directory name is invalid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    the directory name is invalid: after windows 10 install i get this message when i try to use my cd dvd playrt https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-directory-name-is-invalid/c926c407-ebdd-4730-91de-be27bec8ff9e
  6. The Directory Name Is Invalid

The Directory Name Is Invalid: Today I updated this laptop. Now all I see for the last 5 hours is this message: The directory name is invalid error message won't stop since I updated this PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. What do I have to clear or change or reset to get this to stop showing up,...
  7. Directory name invaid

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Directory name invaid: I used a template in word, edited it and saved it gone to re open it now I get directory name invalided. do I need to redo the letter or can I open it some how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/directory-name-invaid/8c316751-a28c-4d39-b738-44bd0387620f"
  8. The directory name is invalid ?

The directory name is invalid ?: Does anyone know the solution for the error 'The directory name is invalid '? I get this error whenever I put a cd or dvd in the cd/dvd rom drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-directory-name-is-invalid/ec110e94-85e6-470b-b771-45b5ff46e3cc
  9. The Directory Name Is Invalid

in Windows 10 Support
    The Directory Name Is Invalid: OK, here's my situation. I have a Western Digital (WD) My Passport Ultra external USB hard drive. I use this as a media drive on my WD TV Live Plus media player. For some unknown reason, the media player will sometimes corrupt files on the My Passport drive. The net effect is...
  10. directory name is invalid

in Windows 10 Support
    directory name is invalid: Hi I have just got this new desktop pc. After an update I am getting this annoying message, E:/ The directory name is invalid. I don't know what I have done. I did anything. I searched Google and found a post on this forum but I can't find the actual answer to the post. Just...