Windows 10: Powershell Script on Shutdown

Discus and support Powershell Script on Shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, I try to run a Powershell Script (*.ps1) when i shut down my PC. I created the script and it is working fine when i run it. However if i want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Michael__89, Jul 27, 2019.

1. Powershell Script on Shutdown

Hi all,

I try to run a Powershell Script (*.ps1) when i shut down my PC. I created the script and it is working fine when i run it. However if i want to run it on a regular Shutdown it seems like it does not start or is not finished, before Windows is killing every running process.

I tried several things:

1) Adding the script to C:\Windows\System32\GroupPolicy\Machine\Scripts\Shutdown

2) added the Script to gpedit.msc in the Shutdown section

3) Creating a scheduled Task which triggers on System User32 EventID 1074

Ether the Script is not triggering at all or Windows will kill everything before anything happens.

:)

Michael__89, Jul 27, 2019
  2. sachind1 Win User

script running on Startup and Shutdown of System is not working

Steps

• Open a run box
    • type in "gpedit.msc"
    • Expand Computer Configuration
    • Expand Windows Settings
    • Select Scripts (Startup/Shutdown)
    • Double click Startup
    • Click Show Files and copy/paste your file in to this folder
    • Click the Add button on the startup properties
    • Click Browse and double click on your script to choose it.
    • "OK" out of all windows to apply the new settings.
    I am generally Giving Path of My python to the startup and shutdown as steps given above

sachind1, Jul 27, 2019
  3. PowerShell scripts not working with Call operator

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while developing a PowerShell script using the Call operator. I would suggest you to refer the articles

The Windows PowerShell ISE

However, as the issue is related to developing PowerShell scripts, I would suggest you to post your query on

MSDN forums
    , where we have expertise and developers who are well equipped with the knowledge of developing PowerShell scripts in Windows.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 27, 2019
  4. Powershell Script on Shutdown

script running on Startup and Shutdown of System is not working

I follows the steps given by Microsoft to run a script on startup and shutdown.

-> What are these steps?

-> How do you invoke the Python script?

Frederik Long, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

Powershell Script on Shutdown

1. Powershell Script on Shutdown - Similar Threads - Powershell Script Shutdown

2. Issue in Powershell script

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue in Powershell script: HI Team,We have a power shell script. It will check if the user is available in the ACL list of ADL. To get the ACL list, we are connecting to the Azure Datalake storage using Connect-AzAccount and authenticating with SPN. To get the group member details, we authenticate the...
  3. Issue in Powershell script

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue in Powershell script: HI Team,We have a power shell script. It will check if the user is available in the ACL list of ADL. To get the ACL list, we are connecting to the Azure Datalake storage using Connect-AzAccount and authenticating with SPN. To get the group member details, we authenticate the...
  4. PowerShell script

in Windows 10 Support
    PowerShell script: The code below tests a series of IPs in a txt file.The result is as follows and is written in a txt file. 19.191.12.161 - online 19.191.12.162 - offline 19.191.12.163 - offline 19.191.12.164 - offline 19.191.12.165 - offline also see the scrennshot Code: $Output= @()$GetIP =...
  5. powershell scripts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    powershell scripts: Hi, I have azure. Someone is somehow installing powershell scripts onto my computer that allows them to host my PC through P2P and UDP connections, well I think so anyway. I have only just found powershell script entry changes in my registry by accident. These criminals...
  6. powershell script

in Windows 10 Customization
    powershell script: looking for a script to monitor for a folder, if there is a file in that folder send it as an email, once the email is sent out, confirm and then move the files to an archive folder. monitor c:\test\*.pdf No files, do not send email. Yes Files, send an email to someone at...
  7. Shutdown Script Not Working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown Script Not Working: Hi, Following this article How to empty the Windows Recycle Bin automatically - gHacks Tech News I created the batch script, which works, and added to Shutdown scripts via GPE. But, it does not run at shutdown. I have 2 accounts and 2 drives on the laptop, Local Admin and...
  8. A Powershell Script for HandBrake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Powershell Script for HandBrake: Here's the thing. My system is an age-old i3-530 overclocked to 3.5GHz coupled with GTX 1050 2GB. I have around 1.5TB of tutorial videos that I have to encode due to dearth in HDD space. I want to encode the videos while keeping the folder and subfolder structure intact....
  9. Screwed shutdown script

in Windows 10 Support
    Screwed shutdown script: Oh Boy, well you learn from your mistakes they say*Redface I tried to run a script at shutdown on my W10 PC that would run a RoboCopy command. That did not work so I deleted it (So I thought) I may have deleted the proper shutdown script as my PC will no longer shutdown...
  10. PowerShell Scripting - The Basics

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    PowerShell Scripting - The Basics: How to: PowerShell Scripting - The Basics [img] Information A PowerShell script is a collection of commands and cmdlets to be run in logical order, previous lines in script determining values and variables in command lines thereafter. The principle is the same than in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shutdown r t powershell

2. powershell ise script to shutdown