Windows 10: PowerShell script pinned to taskbar has stopped working

Discus and support PowerShell script pinned to taskbar has stopped working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I made a very simple PowerShell script to open my display settings so that I could quickly change the display scale, which I pinned to my taskbar. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricecrispies, Jul 3, 2019.

1. PowerShell script pinned to taskbar has stopped working

I made a very simple PowerShell script to open my display settings so that I could quickly change the display scale, which I pinned to my taskbar. It worked fine until today, when it stopped working from the taskbar, although it still works if I right-click on the script in explorer and run it that way. I have no idea why it suddenly stopped working from the taskbar. I unpinned it from the taskbar and then pinned it again (by first pinning the powershell exe), but when I try to run it now it displays some kind of error message in red. Unfortunately the powershell window closes before I can read the error message. How can I regain quick access to my display settings?

:)

ricecrispies, Jul 3, 2019

2. PowerShell scripts not working with Call operator

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while developing a PowerShell script using the Call operator. I would suggest you to refer the articles

The Windows PowerShell ISE

However, as the issue is related to developing PowerShell scripts, I would suggest you to post your query on

MSDN forums
    , where we have expertise and developers who are well equipped with the knowledge of developing PowerShell scripts in Windows.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Make script for pinning programs to taskbar in windows 10

Hi Stefan,

In previous versions of Windows, one could use a script ("InvokeVerb" method) to Pin items to Taskbar. This is not possible in Windows 10, as the "Pin to taskbar" verb can't be enumerated or invoked using script any more.

There is a workaround, using a third-party tool. Check out: Pin Programs to the Taskbar in Windows 10 with Group Policy

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jul 3, 2019
  4. nedo Win User

PowerShell script pinned to taskbar has stopped working

Reset and Clear Taskbar Pinned Apps in Windows 10

Hi,
    thank you for this script. I would like to convert it from .bat into powershell command. Can you provide me some suggestions?
    Thank you

Edit:
    I solved by myself
    Code:
    Code:
    Remove-Item "$env:USERPROFILE\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\*" -recurse Remove-Item -Path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband" -recurse  Get-Process explorer | Stop-Process
    Do you know if the .bat file works also for windows 8 and 8.1?

nedo, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

PowerShell script pinned to taskbar has stopped working

1. PowerShell script pinned to taskbar has stopped working - Similar Threads - PowerShell script pinned

2. Windows PowerShell has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows PowerShell has stopped working: Recently I faced an issue on a Virtual Machine windows server 2012 R2 hosted on Hyper-V, where PowerShell and CMD can't openPlease advise about the solution...
  3. Windows PowerShell has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows PowerShell has stopped working: Recently I faced an issue on a Virtual Machine windows server 2012 R2 hosted on Hyper-V, where PowerShell and CMD can't openPlease advise about the solution...
  4. windows powershell script not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows powershell script not working.: Hallo!Problem: I wan´t to use a script to turn on autohide taskbar in desktop mode.if I put in: " powershell -command "&{$p='HKCU:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects3';$v=Get-ItemProperty -Path $p.Settings;$v[8]=3;&Set-ItemProperty -Path $p -Name...
  5. windows powershell script not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows powershell script not working.: Hallo!Problem: I wan´t to use a script to turn on autohide taskbar in desktop mode.if I put in: " powershell -command "&{$p='HKCU:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StuckRects3';$v=Get-ItemProperty -Path $p.Settings;$v[8]=3;&Set-ItemProperty -Path $p -Name...
  6. windows powershell script not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. PowerShell script

in Windows 10 Support
    PowerShell script: The code below tests a series of IPs in a txt file.The result is as follows and is written in a txt file. 19.191.12.161 - online 19.191.12.162 - offline 19.191.12.163 - offline 19.191.12.164 - offline 19.191.12.165 - offline also see the scrennshot Code: $Output= @()$GetIP =...
  8. Taskbar has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar has stopped working: Taskbar has stopped working on windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-has-stopped-working/bf90c9d1-fcb0-4960-9a4a-9c415e9dedbb
  9. powershell script

in Windows 10 Customization
    powershell script: looking for a script to monitor for a folder, if there is a file in that folder send it as an email, once the email is sent out, confirm and then move the files to an archive folder. monitor c:\test\*.pdf No files, do not send email. Yes Files, send an email to someone at...
  10. Multiple "Powershell has stopped working" events

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple "Powershell has stopped working" events: A friend is getting many Powershell errors [img] Often 20 or more interruptions per session. The Application Event log shows many sets of 4 events Error 22/03/2018 13:05:08 Application Error 1000 (100) Error 22/03/2018 13:05:08 Application Error 1000 (100) Error...