Windows 10: PowerShell script pinned to taskbar has stopped working

Discus and support PowerShell script pinned to taskbar has stopped working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I made a very simple PowerShell script to open my display settings so that I could quickly change the display scale, which I pinned to my taskbar. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricecrispies, Jul 3, 2019.

1. PowerShell script pinned to taskbar has stopped working

I made a very simple PowerShell script to open my display settings so that I could quickly change the display scale, which I pinned to my taskbar. It worked fine until today, when it stopped working from the taskbar, although it still works if I right-click on the script in explorer and run it that way. I have no idea why it suddenly stopped working from the taskbar. I unpinned it from the taskbar and then pinned it again (by first pinning the powershell exe), but when I try to run it now it displays some kind of error message in red. Unfortunately the powershell window closes before I can read the error message. How can I regain quick access to my display settings?

:)

ricecrispies, Jul 3, 2019

2. PowerShell scripts not working with Call operator

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while developing a PowerShell script using the Call operator. I would suggest you to refer the articles

The Windows PowerShell ISE

However, as the issue is related to developing PowerShell scripts, I would suggest you to post your query on

MSDN forums
    , where we have expertise and developers who are well equipped with the knowledge of developing PowerShell scripts in Windows.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 3, 2019
  3. Make script for pinning programs to taskbar in windows 10

Hi Stefan,

In previous versions of Windows, one could use a script ("InvokeVerb" method) to Pin items to Taskbar. This is not possible in Windows 10, as the "Pin to taskbar" verb can't be enumerated or invoked using script any more.

There is a workaround, using a third-party tool. Check out: Pin Programs to the Taskbar in Windows 10 with Group Policy

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jul 3, 2019
  4. nedo Win User

PowerShell script pinned to taskbar has stopped working

Reset and Clear Taskbar Pinned Apps in Windows 10

Hi,
    thank you for this script. I would like to convert it from .bat into powershell command. Can you provide me some suggestions?
    Thank you

Edit:
    I solved by myself
    Code:
    Code:
    Remove-Item "$env:USERPROFILE\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar\*" -recurse Remove-Item -Path "HKCU:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband" -recurse  Get-Process explorer | Stop-Process
    Do you know if the .bat file works also for windows 8 and 8.1?

nedo, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

PowerShell script pinned to taskbar has stopped working

1. PowerShell script pinned to taskbar has stopped working - Similar Threads - PowerShell script pinned

2. PowerShell scripts not working with Call operator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PowerShell scripts not working with Call operator: Hello I have been developing a Powershell script using Powershell ISE, and for the most part i am very happy about it, however i have encountered what i believe to be a bug in the call operator (&). When i use the call operator followed by a "pure" string everything works...
  3. Running PowerShell script as a batch file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Running PowerShell script as a batch file: Can I run the Power Shell line: "C:\Windows\System32>get-appxpackage *3dbuilder* | remove-appxpackage" from a .Bat file? ***Original title: Removing bloatware***...
  4. Run PowerShell Script As An Administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Run PowerShell Script As An Administrator: Hi. So I've been searching online on a way to do this yet I cannot find a way to do it. _______________________________________ I need this in specific: I want to double click a PowerShell script file (which will run as an administrator) from Windows Explorer that has...
  5. Parameters not working on items pinned to taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Parameters not working on items pinned to taskbar: I have several parameters I use on my google chrome shortcut to fix the DPI shown below. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" /high-dpi-support=1 /force-device-scale-factor=1.05 When I apply these parameters to my google chrome taskbar shortcut, the...
  6. A Powershell Script for HandBrake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Powershell Script for HandBrake: Here's the thing. My system is an age-old i3-530 overclocked to 3.5GHz coupled with GTX 1050 2GB. I have around 1.5TB of tutorial videos that I have to encode due to dearth in HDD space. I want to encode the videos while keeping the folder and subfolder structure intact....
  7. After Windows 10 upgrade getting PowerShell has stopped working error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After Windows 10 upgrade getting PowerShell has stopped working error: After I updated to Windows 10 I get multiple "Powershell has stopped working" errors. How do I get rid of this error. Things I have tried: Downloaded Malwarebytes and ran scan - did not fix issue. Downloaded RegCurePro and ran scan - did not fix issues. Any ideas?...
  8. Error: "Scripted Diagnostic Native Host has Stopped Working"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error: "Scripted Diagnostic Native Host has Stopped Working": Hello Everyone, I've never seen this problem with the previous O.S., Windows 7, but Windows 10 is throwing me this error message approximately 70% of the time when I run the network troubleshooter...either from the Control Panel, or by right clicking on the task bar's...
  9. Multiple "Powershell has stopped working" events

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple "Powershell has stopped working" events: A friend is getting many Powershell errors [img] Often 20 or more interruptions per session. The Application Event log shows many sets of 4 events Error 22/03/2018 13:05:08 Application Error 1000 (100) Error 22/03/2018 13:05:08 Application Error 1000 (100) Error...
  10. PowerShell Scripting - The Basics

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    PowerShell Scripting - The Basics: Thanks @Kari for this introduction to PowerShell scripting. I think everybody should read this and try to understand everything. PS plays bigger and bigger role in Windows with each year that goes by. I am not saying that everybody should become a scripting guru, but every...