Windows 10: Powershell script that allows you to mirror the groups of an Active Directory profile...

Discus and support Powershell script that allows you to mirror the groups of an Active Directory profile... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For example you have a new person who is going to be a tester. You need them to be in the same groups as other tester. So a script is needed to make a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Xx255q, Dec 7, 2019.

1. /u/Xx255q Win User

Powershell script that allows you to mirror the groups of an Active Directory profile...

For example you have a new person who is going to be a tester. You need them to be in the same groups as other tester. So a script is needed to make a person to mirror them based off of. Also to be able to set email and overseeing manager

submitted by /u/Xx255q
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Xx255q, Dec 7, 2019
  2. Rohn007 Win User

Active Directory DSACLS

Here are some links to articles and PS scripts that may help with your problem. Definitely search the magazine site for more AD powershell articles Here is another place to ask the question @Technet PowerScript Forum, ask questions - Technet forums - The Official Scripting Guys Forum!
    This site has a large collection of scripts you can download Exploring the PowerShell Gallery Exploring the PowerShell Gallery -- Microsoft Certified Professional Magazine Online Grabbing and organizing cmdlets has been made much easier in PowerShell V5. AD- A Useful
    PowerShell Script to Document Your Active Directory Environment A Useful PowerShell Script to Document Your Active Directory Environment February 9, 2015 by Daniel Petri Daniel Petri shows us how this free and helpful PowerShell script can reduce
    the time needed to document your Active Directory environment. AD- Active Directory management with PowerShell v2 Active Directory management with PowerShell v2 Alexander Weiss Thu, Oct 15 2009 active directory, powershell 0 The
    introduction of PowerShell was a major improvement for all administrators who are not afraid of the CLI. However, it also has some drawbacks. For instance, it is not included in the OS and it lacks many features. Microsoft wanted to correct those shortcomings.
    PowerShell Version 2 is now a part of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 RC2 and offers many new Cmdlets. One area that was improved is the management of the Active Directory (AD). AD- Active Directory Migration Considerations (Part 1) http://techgenix.com/active-directory-migration-considerations-part1/
    (this article has links to the other 7 parts of the series) This is the first in a short series of articles that examine things you should be aware of before restructuring or consolidating Active Directory domains and forests. AD- Configuring, Verifying, and
    Removing Active Directory Delegations Video: (Part 1) http://techgenix.com/video-configuring-verifying-and-removing-active-directory-delegations-part-1/ This is the first video in three-part series demonstrating the process of configuring, verifying, and removing
    Active Directory Delegations. AD- Create an Active Directory report for Excel with PowerShell https://4sysops.com/archives/create-an-active-directory-report-for-excel-with-powershell/ Tim Buntrock Mar 22 2016 The PowerShell script that I will discuss in this
    post allows you to create an Active Directory report and save it as an Excel file. AD- Create Exact Copies of Active Directory Security Groups in a New Forest https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...ve-directory-security-groups-in-a-new-forest/
    ScriptingGuy1 on 17 Oct 2010 create exact copies of Active Directory security groups in a new forest Do you know the kinds of tasks that look simple but turn out to be much trickier than you thought? Recently I was confronted with such a task. I was asked
    to write a script that would create exact copies of Active Directory security groups in a new forest. My first thought was that it would take me all of five minutes to finish the script. Because I had already written functions to query Active Directory for
    groups and users, as well as for manipulating group membership. How wrong I was! As it turns out, adding a user to a domain local security group in a trusted forest is not as easy as I had thought.

Rohn007, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Powershell Scripts in the Windows 10 OS and script execution policy of "Allow only Signed scripts"

We have the group policy " Turn on Script execution" enabled and set to "Allow only Signed scripts".

Will this affect the powershell scripts used in the Windows 10 operating System or does windows have something inbuilt that overrides the settings we apply. I'm thinking that it would block even the W10 built in scripts.

An example of what I am talking about are the 246 .ps1 files in the various diagnostic directories in c:\windows\diagnostics\system\ . our diags never come back with issues even when deliberately disabling components before running.

other areas that Powershell scripts live that I have found with a quick search -

C:\Windows\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft.powershell.odatautils_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.17763.1_none_d60dcab1d9234fab

C:\Program Files (x86)\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\Microsoft.PowerShell.Operation.Validation\1.0.1\Diagnostics\Comprehensive

C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules - various folders in here.

Do we need to sign all powershell scripts that come with the OS?

Does Microsoft have a method of doing this?

Is there a list of script files that come with the OS so we don't just do a sign all approach, then find we have signed malware files.

we could probably configure something in the build task sequence to sign what is there initially. Is there any plan in place for Microsoft to start signing their scripts?

Will this be an ongoing process as updates are applied and files replaced, do we need to have a process in place to sign all PS1 files in the OS?

Paul Klerkx(psk), Dec 7, 2019
  4. Powershell script that allows you to mirror the groups of an Active Directory profile...

Powershell script

Hi Muhammed DanishM S,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I would like to let you know that the Windows PowerShell command-line and scripting language can be used to automate many Group Policy tasks, including configuring registry-based policy settings and various Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) tasks.

Refer to this article to know more.

Group Policy Cmdlets in Windows PowerShell

For more information, I would suggest you to post your query in
    MSDN Forums
    , where we have developers and support professionals who are well-equipped with the knowledge on PowerShell
    scripts to assist you with your query.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Powershell script that allows you to mirror the groups of an Active Directory profile...

1. Powershell script that allows you to mirror the groups of an Active Directory profile... - Similar Threads - Powershell script allows

2. Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO: Hi All,I am reaching out to seek assistance with enabling and configuring 802.1x on client machines within our network.Due to the unique nature of the grouping, we have encountered challenges in utilizing Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO for this purpose. As a...
  3. Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO: Hi All,I am reaching out to seek assistance with enabling and configuring 802.1x on client machines within our network.Due to the unique nature of the grouping, we have encountered challenges in utilizing Active Directory Group Policy Objects GPO for this purpose. As a...
  4. PowerShell script

in Windows 10 Support
    PowerShell script: The code below tests a series of IPs in a txt file.The result is as follows and is written in a txt file. 19.191.12.161 - online 19.191.12.162 - offline 19.191.12.163 - offline 19.191.12.164 - offline 19.191.12.165 - offline also see the scrennshot Code: $Output= @()$GetIP =...
  5. Powershell Script to connect AD and check if the user is member of a group or not.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell Script to connect AD and check if the user is member of a group or not.: Can you help me to create a Powershell Script to connect AD and check if the user is member of a group or not from client machine and set a registery key based on the condition...
  6. powershell scripts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    powershell scripts: Hi, I have azure. Someone is somehow installing powershell scripts onto my computer that allows them to host my PC through P2P and UDP connections, well I think so anyway. I have only just found powershell script entry changes in my registry by accident. These criminals...
  7. Powershell script -- new computer name with duplicated name in Active Directory

Powershell script -- new computer name with duplicated name in Active Directory: Dear folks, Anyone knows what's the powershell script for check if it's duplicate computer name in Active Directory after give a new computer name for a desktop or laptop? Thanks. Nick...
  8. powershell script

powershell script: looking for a script to monitor for a folder, if there is a file in that folder send it as an email, once the email is sent out, confirm and then move the files to an archive folder. monitor c:\test\*.pdf No files, do not send email. Yes Files, send an email to someone at...
  9. need a script to add group or groups to AD workstations maybe powershell?

need a script to add group or groups to AD workstations maybe powershell?: I need a script or batch job or powershell to add one or more ad groups to newly imaged or upgraded workstations. Anyone have it already written or can I do it to multiple workstations using my ad tools ?...
  10. Powershell Scripts in the Windows 10 OS and script execution policy of "Allow only Signed...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Powershell Scripts in the Windows 10 OS and script execution policy of "Allow only Signed...: We have the group policy " Turn on Script execution" enabled and set to "Allow only Signed scripts". Will this affect the powershell scripts used in the Windows 10 operating System or does windows have something inbuilt that overrides the settings we apply. I'm thinking...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. active directory how to mirror

2. C:\Program Files (x86)\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\Microsoft.PowerShell.Operation.Validation\1.0.1\Test\Modules\Example1.Diagnostics\Diagnostics\Simple