Windows 10: PowerShell script

Discus and support PowerShell script in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The code below tests a series of IPs in a txt file.The result is as follows and is written in a txt file. 19.191.12.161 - online 19.191.12.162 -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kinderu81, Jul 20, 2021.

1. kinderu81 Win User

PowerShell script

The code below tests a series of IPs in a txt file.The result is as follows and is written in a txt file. 19.191.12.161 - online 19.191.12.162 - offline 19.191.12.163 - offline 19.191.12.164 - offline 19.191.12.165 - offline also see the scrennshot Code: $Output= @()$GetIP = Get-Content "C:\Users\sdragu2\Desktop\GetIP.txt"foreach ($name in $GetIP){ if (Test-Connection -Delay 15 -ComputerName $name -Count 1 -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue) { #$Output+= "$name, online" $Output = $Output + "$name - online" Write-Host "$Name - online" -ForegroundColor Green } else { #$Output+= "$name, offline" $Output = $Output + "$name - offline" Write-Host "$Name - offline" -ForegroundColor Red }}Read-Host -Prompt "Press Enter to exit"$Output | Out-file "C:\Users\sdragu2\Desktop\Test-Connection.txt" Then I made the script in OOP, but another result is displayed. Code: class Connection{ [string] $Output = @() [string] $GetIP = @() [string] $Path Connection([string] $Path) { $this.GetIP = (Get-Content "$Path") } [void] PSPrint() { foreach ($name in $this.GetIP) { if (Test-Connection -Delay 15 -ComputerName $name -Count 1 -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue) { $this.Output+= "$name - online" Write-Host "$Name - online" -ForegroundColor Green } else { $this.Output+= "$name - offline" Write-Host "$Name - offline" -ForegroundColor Red } } } [void] ExitScript() { Read-Host -Prompt "Press Enter to exit" } [void] FilePrint() { $this.Output | Out-file "C:\Users\sdragu2\Desktop\Test-Connection.txt" }}$box = [Connection]::new("C:\Users\sdragu2\Desktop\GetIP.txt")$box.PSPrint()$box.ExitScript()$box.FilePrint() Do you have any idea why it is not displayed correctly in OOP?

:)

kinderu81, Jul 20, 2021

2. PowerShell scripts not working with Call operator

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while developing a PowerShell script using the Call operator. I would suggest you to refer the articles

The Windows PowerShell ISE

However, as the issue is related to developing PowerShell scripts, I would suggest you to post your query on

MSDN forums
    , where we have expertise and developers who are well equipped with the knowledge of developing PowerShell scripts in Windows.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 20, 2021
  3. Powershell script

Hi Muhammed DanishM S,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I would like to let you know that the Windows PowerShell command-line and scripting language can be used to automate many Group Policy tasks, including configuring registry-based policy settings and various Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) tasks.

Refer to this article to know more.

Group Policy Cmdlets in Windows PowerShell

For more information, I would suggest you to post your query in
    MSDN Forums
    , where we have developers and support professionals who are well-equipped with the knowledge on PowerShell
    scripts to assist you with your query.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jul 20, 2021
  4. PowerShell script

Powershell script

How to write powershell script ( or command) to change the configuration in group policy administrative templates?

Muhammed DanishM S, Jul 20, 2021
Thema:

PowerShell script

1. PowerShell script - Similar Threads - PowerShell script

2. Can I on/off device encryption setting using powershell script automation in windows home 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I on/off device encryption setting using powershell script automation in windows home 11?: I want to on/off device encryption settings in security & privacy using my powershell automation script. so it is possible or not please provide me official information on itThanks...
  3. Can I on/off device encryption setting using powershell script automation in windows home 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I on/off device encryption setting using powershell script automation in windows home 11?: I want to on/off device encryption settings in security & privacy using my powershell automation script. so it is possible or not please provide me official information on itThanks...
  4. Problems with Powershell Scripts and Credential Manager VIA Intune

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Powershell Scripts and Credential Manager VIA Intune: Hi All,I have been trying to create either a script for entering credentials into Windows Credential Manager via Intune. Credentials are for a mapped drive connection to a non-windows server. Have not been able to make it work yet. I have tried many permutations of scripts,...
  5. Problems with Powershell Scripts and Credential Manager

Problems with Powershell Scripts and Credential Manager: Hi All,I have been trying to create either a script for entering credentials into Windows Credential Manager via Intune. Credentials are for a mapped drive connection to a non-windows server. Have not been able to make it work yet. I have tried many permutations of scripts,...
  6. How to get rid of transcripting powershell scripts in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get rid of transcripting powershell scripts in windows 10?: I do not need the transcripts of my powershell scripts. Every time when I run a ps1 script, it starts with:"Transcript started, output file is C:\Mysofts\Powershell\PSHistory\WPS_5_console.txt"As I am the admin of this PC, I disabled Windows Powershell transcripting in...
  7. How to get rid of transcripting powershell scripts in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of transcripting powershell scripts in windows 10?: I do not need the transcripts of my powershell scripts. Every time when I run a ps1 script, it starts with:"Transcript started, output file is C:\Mysofts\Powershell\PSHistory\WPS_5_console.txt"As I am the admin of this PC, I disabled Windows Powershell transcripting in...
  8. How to get rid of transcripting powershell scripts in windows 10?

9. PowerShell script for recursively adding a specific extension to files that have no extension

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PowerShell script for recursively adding a specific extension to files that have no extension: I have the below PowerShell script to add ".dcm" to any files found in subfolders that do not have an extension. However, when it is run, I get an error for all of the files found that says:Rename-Item : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument '+'.At...
  10. PowerShell script for recursively adding a specific extension to files that have no extension

PowerShell script for recursively adding a specific extension to files that have no extension: I have the below PowerShell script to add ".dcm" to any files found in subfolders that do not have an extension. However, when it is run, I get an error for all of the files found that says:Rename-Item : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument '+'.At...