Windows 10: PowerShell shortcut not working.

Discus and support PowerShell shortcut not working. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Shortcut: Code: C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -WindowStyle Hidden "&... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rdwray, Feb 6, 2021.

1. rdwray Win User

PowerShell shortcut not working.

Shortcut: Code:
    If this code is run inside Powershell.ise, it works, but not with the shortcut: Code:
    If only this code is used, the shortcut works: Code:
    :)

rdwray, Feb 6, 2021
  2. KeithM Win User

How to change the WinX menu, including Powershell/Powershell (Admin)

This part intrigues me. As suggested earler, please post a screenshot of the error message. Also, please clarify/test the follwoing:
    1. Can you start PowerShell from the Start Menu?
    2. If you navigate to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3, does PowerShell launch from the shortcuts there?
    3. If #1 works & #2 doesn't, compare (& post) the target text from each shortcuts properties. For the Start Menu shortcut, right-click & select Open file location to navigate to the Start Menu folder.

Keith

KeithM, Feb 6, 2021
  3. MMO
    mmo Win User
    PowerShell: How to get keyboard shortcuts working?

I lately switched to PowerShell as my CLI and like it. What I don't understand, though, is, why not all keyboard shortcuts work as one would expect.

E.g. if I open the upper-left corner menu and navigate to Edit => Find I see a "Ctrl-F" at the right side of the menu entry. This suggests to me that one could also call that function using the displayed keyboard shortcut.

However, if I hit Ctrl-F on the command line, nothing happens other than that I get a '^F' displayed. No matter what I do or enter subsequently (e.g. '^Ffoobar<Enter>') I always just get an error message '[?]foobar' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, etc.'
    ( [?] here indicating a box with some too-tiny-to-read character inside).

So, the ^F and some other keyboard shortcuts that are displayed in the menu are obviously ignored and have no function.
    Is there a way to get these working in PowerShell?

4. lvgandhi Win User

powershell help does not seem to work

Thanks for response.
    I have done chkdsk C: /f also.
    still not working. I tried your suggestion also. That also does not work.
    But as I said get-help dir works. Please see below

PowerShell shortcut not working. [​IMG]

lvgandhi, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

1. PowerShell shortcut not working. - Similar Threads - PowerShell shortcut working

2. Microsoft powershell not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft powershell not working: I am running windows 10 64 bit and when I try open PowerShell it opens for a second and closes again. Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-powershell-not-working/ed324572-b595-4785-9fc6-9d5dc63206ab
  3. PowerShell: How to get keyboard shortcuts working?

in Windows 10 Support
    PowerShell: How to get keyboard shortcuts working?: I lately switched to PowerShell as my CLI and like it. What I don't understand, though, is, why not all keyboard shortcuts work as one would expect. E.g. if I open the upper-left corner menu and navigate to Edit => Find I see a "Ctrl-F" at the right side of the menu entry....
  4. Shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts not working: I'm trying to troubleshoot BSOD problem by doing a Clean Install so I went to msconfig & closed Windows Services to check on software conflicts. But now shortcuts on my desktop or in emails I receive don't work (respond). Is there a Windows Service I can turn back on to...
  5. how to add powershell batch file shortcut to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    how to add powershell batch file shortcut to taskbar: Hi I have several batch files which I've created shortcuts for, and added to my windows taskbar. I now have a new batch file which contains some powershell which instructs pc to switch off screen. Please can anyone advise why Windows won't let me place this shortcut on the...
  6. how to add powershell batch file shortcut to taskbar

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to add powershell batch file shortcut to taskbar: Hi I have several batch files which I've created shortcuts for, and added to my windows taskbar. I now have a new batch file which contains some powershell which instructs pc to switch off screen. Please can anyone advise why Windows won't let me place this shortcut on the...
  7. Powershell pops up after opening shortcut

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Powershell pops up after opening shortcut: Hi, I just found that two computer have probably been infected by something after the owners opened a shortcut (downloaded from their email). This is what the shortcut was pointing to: %comspec% /c %os:~6,1%chta%os:~6,1%ks /F /Create /TN "GO" /sc minute /MO 2 /ST 06:21...
  8. "Win + R" "powershell" - Eliminar PowerShell Shortcut (.lnk)

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Win + R" "powershell" - Eliminar PowerShell Shortcut (.lnk): Buenas tardes, Tengo instalado Windows 10 versión 1803 (OS Build 17134.254) En un Surface laptop ---- Quiera saber donde localizar el PowerShell Shortcut (.lnk) que se ejecuta al entrar la combinación de teclas "Win + R" y escribir "powershell". La razón es que "jugando" con...
  9. PowerShell Scripting - Run a Script from Shortcut

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    PowerShell Scripting - Run a Script from Shortcut: How to: PowerShell Scripting - Run a Script from Shortcut [img] Information One of many PowerShell security features is that you can't run a script simply by double clicking it's icon on desktop or in a folder. Doing so will by default open script in Notepad for editing...
  10. Shortcut keys not working for a desktop shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut keys not working for a desktop shortcut: I have a shortcut on the desktop. If you double click on it, it runs the target program just fine. Under 'properties' I have tried assigning various shortcut keys like Ctrl+Alt+N and none of them work. I have also deleted and recreated the desktop shortcut with no luck....