Windows 10: PowerShell showing up on start up on task manager why?

Discus and support PowerShell showing up on start up on task manager why? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I tried Malwarebytes they said "The service is not normal but the contents of the script seem normal. It's possible that it is/was some sort of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Fu11metal, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Fu11metal Win User

PowerShell showing up on start up on task manager why?

I tried Malwarebytes they said "The service is not normal but the contents of the script seem normal. It's possible that it is/was some sort of Manufacturer setup script but not sure so I will remove it." then I re-installed my win10 but it still showing and removed it from control panel disabled it from turn on/off windows features and from then it not showing up on task manager that means it's not running in background anymore right! defender full system scan found nothing same as Malwarebytes thank you.

:)

Fu11metal, Apr 15, 2021
  2. Yvonne Win User

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Apr 15, 2021
  3. dotmarty Win User
    Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Windows powershell randomly popping up.

Thank you for the update. Just to confirm, is Windows PowerShell shows up when turning on your device? If so, this could be due to creating a shortcut on startup folder. To know the list of items that runs when Windows started, we suggest that you check
    it in Task Manager > Startup. Check if Windows PowerShell is listed and enabled.

We would appreciate if you will send us a screenshot showing the startup tab on your Task manager to better assist you.

We look forward to your reply.

Ariel Acu, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

1. PowerShell showing up on start up on task manager why? - Similar Threads - PowerShell showing start

2. PID number not showing up on Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PID number not showing up on Task Manager: I’ve been suspecting that someone may have hacked my laptop due to a couple of reasons…and so I researched on ways to find out if my laptop has indeed been hacked and one of the ways was through the netstat -ano command. The article said to take note of the “ESTABLISHED”...
  3. PID number not showing up on Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PID number not showing up on Task Manager: I’ve been suspecting that someone may have hacked my laptop due to a couple of reasons…and so I researched on ways to find out if my laptop has indeed been hacked and one of the ways was through the netstat -ano command. The article said to take note of the “ESTABLISHED”...
  4. Task manager "there are no start-up items to display"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager "there are no start-up items to display": I have this problem, now i've seen other ppl have it and some fixes, but none of them work, some said just restore the folder which was 'deleted' some said recreate the folder, i did all of those folder tricks and more, but nothing has worked for me. now is there a fix that...
  5. Task Manager on start-up and minimized to tray

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager on start-up and minimized to tray: Hello, somebody can help me to achieve that? I really can't make it work, I did 1000 things but nothing works. Thanks!!!! 174599
  6. Everything in task manager spikes at start-up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything in task manager spikes at start-up: Lately I've been having some problems with my pc being slow and not functioning properly. I've done a benchmark and It shows my SSD, which holds my windows10, is performing poorly. So what I wonder is how it affects games and such on my HDD? I'll make up a senario -...
  7. Network adapter not showing up in task manager.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter not showing up in task manager.: I was trying to setup a mobile hotspot and it wasn't working so I uninstalled the device from task manager and was hoping to just scan for hardware changes it be there and I reinstall drivers but it's completely gone and I can't find it tried installing drivers restarting pc...
  8. Windows start up and task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows start up and task manager: I can see an applications called jibes and kidney in my task manager, They run qdiavwq and cdiavwup. I don't recognize the apps. Can anyone tell me what launches them and what they do. I'm not sure if I have a virus....
  9. Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?

in Browsers and Email
    Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?: Hey guys, Google Chrome just crashed and rebooted itself, but it's not showing up in Task Manager so I'm unable to "End process" it like I normally do in Task Manager. I've never had this problem before... Thanks! 115926
  10. Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Manager: Google Chrome Not Showing Up?: Hey guys, Google Chrome just crashed and rebooted itself, but it's not showing up in Task Manager so I'm unable to "End process" it like I normally do in Task Manager. I've never had this problem before... Thanks! 115926