Windows 10: PowerShell start 'D:\Matthew's scripts\Testing.cmd'

Discus and support PowerShell start 'D:\Matthew's scripts\Testing.cmd' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; PowerShell start 'D:\Matthew's scripts\Testing.cmd' The above does not work because the path contains an apostrophe. The following works because the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Matthew Wai, Mar 19, 2020.

1. PowerShell start 'D:\Matthew's scripts\Testing.cmd'

PowerShell start 'D:\Matthew's scripts\Testing.cmd'

The above does not work because the path contains an apostrophe.
    The following works because the path contains no apostrophe.

PowerShell start 'D:\Matthews scripts\Testing.cmd'

Is it possible to fix the "apostrophe" problem? I aim to run the following:
    PowerShell start '<a path containing an apostrophe>' -verb RunAs

:)

Matthew Wai, Mar 19, 2020

2. How to automatically (cmd/powershell script) unpin all apps in start

i followed this & got everything off but whats shown in the picture below. could you help with a script that would remove the listed tiles & set a default wallpaper?

PowerShell start 'D:\Matthew's scripts\Testing.cmd' [​IMG]

irrefutable14, Mar 19, 2020
  3. BryanP Win User
    How to automatically (cmd/powershell script) unpin all apps in start

This powershell script is exactly what I need to solve a problem here at work, but I'm having problems testing it. I need to run it against PCs to remove the shortcuts to install Flipboard, Minecraft and Adobe Photoshop Express. I've taken the above, remmed out all of the Pin/Unpin statements that came with it, and added three lines to unpin the shortcuts mentioned and I get the errors shown below. It's acting as if the app name isn't correct, but as far as I can tell it is.

BryanP, Mar 19, 2020
  4. PowerShell start 'D:\Matthew's scripts\Testing.cmd'

How to automatically (cmd/powershell script) unpin all apps in start

After running the script I have like 10 tiles left.

1 -People
    4 -a great app is on its way
    5 - download arrow(s)

What script could I add to remove them?

irrefutable14, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

PowerShell start 'D:\Matthew's scripts\Testing.cmd'

1. PowerShell start 'D:\Matthew's scripts\Testing.cmd' - Similar Threads - PowerShell start Matthew's

2. Explorer and cmd not starting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer and cmd not starting: Explorer.exe doesn't start automatically.. I need to ctrl-alt-canc and start it manually. Once loaded, I try to run cmd.exe and nothing happens.. What can I do? submitted by /u/Putrid-Farter [link] [comments]...
  3. CMD, PowerShell, Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CMD, PowerShell, Windows Terminal: I have recently returned to windows after 10 years of OSX/MacOS and Linux. During my time on these OSes I became very comfortable with using the terminal on a daily basis for minor tasks to system configuration and diagnostics. I loved the power these tools have and wish to...
  4. Settings using powershell/cmd?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Settings using powershell/cmd?: Is there a way to manage settings using command line/powershell? Thanks. 124376
  5. 10 CMD commands that can be executed with PowerShell

in Windows 10 News
    10 CMD commands that can be executed with PowerShell: [ATTACH] PowerShell is Microsoft’s own alternative to their own Command Prompt. Earlier, Microsoft announced that they will be open sourcing PowerShell and will be bringing it to recent versions and different Linux flavors like Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat Enterprise Linux,...
  6. CMD and PowerShell

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CMD and PowerShell: Hi all, I run Windows 10, v 1803. Clicking Start, typing CMD, there is only "Command Prompt (desktop application)". Win key + X shows "Windows PowerShell" and "Windows PowerShell (Admin)". If after Win key+R I choose Windows PowerShell" pops up a message: Same with...
  7. How to automatically (cmd/powershell script) unpin all apps in start

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to automatically (cmd/powershell script) unpin all apps in start: Hi. I would like to automatize cleaning the Windows 10's start menu from all these default pinned apps that I'm not using. I don't want to remove apps, only unpin from from start. I tried to google help, but didn't find any. There seems to be no command to pin and unpin...
  8. How to use Powershell for simple CMD tools

in Windows 10 Support
    How to use Powershell for simple CMD tools: I am by no standard a programmer. But in the past, I had a job with a lot of skutwork needed on a daily basis. I.T. was always too busy, and non-I.T. folks were not allowed to do any programming, but the command line and batch stuff was not real programming and was OK for...
  9. Can't run command in PowerShell but OK in Cmd

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't run command in PowerShell but OK in Cmd: [img] [img] The screen shots show results of running Code: "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\ashCmd.exe" /@=Quick[/quote] in both PS and Cmd. The problem is I have made a task in Task Scheduler to run this command daily and, apparently, Task Scheduler insists on...
  10. cmd vs powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    cmd vs powershell: Greetings. As a normal PC-geek I don't know how, when and why I should use Powershell instead of cmd. Or in another way, why has Microsoft changed cmd to Powershell in the right-click menu? What are the benefits? Or has Microsoft just done this to make fun of us, that...