Windows 10: powershell startup directory

Discus and support powershell startup directory in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I would like to change the starting directory of powershell.I tried but it gave me another problem.Now it starts with C:WINDOWS\system32? I wnt it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hayri BarışAygün, Apr 6, 2020.

1. powershell startup directory

I would like to change the starting directory of powershell.I tried but it gave me another problem.Now it starts with C:WINDOWS\system32?

I wnt it start with Desktop,but it used to start going another desktop which is under Users.

:)

Hayri BarışAygün, Apr 6, 2020

2. Windows PowerShell opens up at Startup

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Windows PowerShell might be one of the Startup programs on your computer. All the Startup programs are launched at Startup by Windows. I suggest you to check if the
    Windows PowerShell program is enabled on the Startup. To check the Startup programs press
    Ctrl + Shift + Esc Keys together and open Task Manager. Go to the
    Startup tab and check if Windows PowerShell is listed. If it is listed under the Startup programs, select it and click on
    Disable. Further restart the computer to check if the issue persists.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Powershell on Startup?

Whenever I boot up Windows, the Powershell window appears for a split second and disappears (but it remains running in the background). I don't know why but I found out that I have 2 instances of Powershell appearing in my list of Startup apps, both have
    high startup impact.

Is Powershell supposed to run on startup? What'll happen if I just disable it?

Parthu1708, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

powershell startup directory

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

powershell startup directory

1. powershell startup directory - Similar Threads - powershell startup directory

2. Powershell erro on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell erro on startup: Hello there, Could you please help? Powershell keeps popping up on startup with error "unable to open "c:\Users\....\AppData\Roaming\Dll\config.json".along with another two errors both ending with .json....
  3. Powershell erro on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell erro on startup: Hello there, Could you please help? Powershell keeps popping up on startup with error "unable to open "c:\Users\....\AppData\Roaming\Dll\config.json".along with another two errors both ending with .json....
  4. directory size using powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    directory size using powershell: hi!i'm trying to get the size of a big folder using powershell.the most efficient way i found is using a com object like this example:New-Object -ComObject Scripting.FileSystemObject.getfolder"$path".sizesometimes it generates the size immediately but sometimes it takes...
  5. directory size using powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    directory size using powershell: hi!i'm trying to get the size of a big folder using powershell.the most efficient way i found is using a com object like this example:New-Object -ComObject Scripting.FileSystemObject.getfolder"$path".sizesometimes it generates the size immediately but sometimes it takes...
  6. directory size using powershell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Powershell opening on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell opening on startup: Everytime I boot my computer three tabs of powershell opens and it says its running WOW64. Why is that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-opening-on-startup/a0acb780-cc21-4ccd-907c-a142ffd4dab2
  8. Powershell opening at startup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell opening at startup.: Hello, Powershell kees popping up whenever my PC starts up. The location is C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe This also was popping up when I had Windows 7. Norton's doesn't detect anything wrong. Can someone please help???...
  9. Doable powershell at startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Doable powershell at startup?: So I just got a new hp laptop and every time I turn it on Windows powershell blue screen pops up and sits there for a while and sometimes it makes Windows crash for no reason, any way to stop it from popping up at startup? (Windows 10 1909) submitted by /u/PantherPuma448...
  10. Powershell on Startup?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell on Startup?: Whenever I boot up Windows, the Powershell window appears for a split second and disappears (but it remains running in the background). I don't know why but I found out that I have 2 instances of Powershell appearing in my list of Startup apps, both have high startup impact....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after latest windows 10 upgrade powershell is on my startup screen