Windows 10: PowerShell tab pops up and closes immediately every few minutes

Discus and support PowerShell tab pops up and closes immediately every few minutes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Recently my PowerShell tabs keeps popping up and close immediately every few minutes for some reason its been driving me crazy. Is there anyway of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jamal Albably, Mar 18, 2022.

1. PowerShell tab pops up and closes immediately every few minutes

Recently my PowerShell tabs keeps popping up and close immediately every few minutes for some reason its been driving me crazy. Is there anyway of fixing it ?the tab syswow64 windowspowershell v1.0 powershell.exethank you in advance

:)

Jamal Albably, Mar 18, 2022
  2. DK__00 Win User

Powershell Closing Immediately

I've looked all of the the internet and I cannot find any information that applies to this situation.

Powershell closes immediately upon starting. When I run it in Command Prompt I get the following:

Windows PowerShell terminated with the following error:

Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'System.String[]'.

I have checked the following folders and no profiles exist:

c:\users\me\appdata\microsoft\windows\powershell

c:\windows\system32\windowspowershell\v1.0\ c:\windows\systwow64\windowspowershell\v1.0\

I have tried to run with the following commands and have no luck:

powershell -noclose

powershell -noprofile

I have run the following commands and have no luck:

sfc.exe /scannow

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

I also have went to:

Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program -> Turn Windows features on or off then,

Removed Powershell, rebooted, then re-installed it.

After doing all of these steps I still am not able to run Powershell.

DK__00, Mar 18, 2022
  3. SS-WQY Win User
    PowerShell closes immediately

hi Rivgil,

Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate it.

I tried to disable and reenable the PowerShell but it didn't work.

I also opened the link you provided, but I think it's not the issue I have. On my side, PowerShell is not stopped working, it's opened but closed immediately.

I also tried to open PowerShell on command prompt with admin mode by running the command 'powershell /', which gives me an error - A failure
    occurred during initialization: The type initializer for 'System.Management.Automation.LanguagePrimitives' threw an exception.

SS-WQY, Mar 18, 2022
  4. Rivgil Win User

PowerShell tab pops up and closes immediately every few minutes

PowerShell closes immediately

Hi, this is . An independent advisor. Sorry if this may caused any trouble. I'll be more than willing to help. We'll try to disable and re-enable the PowerShell.

Press on Win+X keys and select Control Panel.

From Control Panel switch to category.

And from the list that’s displayed choose Uninstall – located under Programs.

From the left panel of the main window click on the ‘Turn Windows features on or off’ link.

Scroll down and locate the Windows PowerShell entry.

Uncheck the PowerShell feature.

Save and apply your changes.

Restart your Windows 10 computer.

Afterwards, repeat the steps from above and re-enable the Windows PowerShell feature.

If that didn't work, you can try some other steps in this link
    https://windowsreport.com/windows-powershell-st...

Note: The link provided is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any
    product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Rivgil, Mar 18, 2022
Thema:

PowerShell tab pops up and closes immediately every few minutes

1. PowerShell tab pops up and closes immediately every few minutes - Similar Threads - PowerShell tab pops

2. Microsoft .Net Runtime UAC Pops Up Every Few Minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft .Net Runtime UAC Pops Up Every Few Minutes: I have a user getting prompted by UAC every few minutes regarding Microsoft .Net Runtime requesting admin credentials. Every time the user clicks No, UAC comes back after a few minutes shown below:Nothing in our security stack is flagging as malicious or blocking anything...
  3. Microsoft .Net Runtime UAC Pops Up Every Few Minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft .Net Runtime UAC Pops Up Every Few Minutes: I have a user getting prompted by UAC every few minutes regarding Microsoft .Net Runtime requesting admin credentials. Every time the user clicks No, UAC comes back after a few minutes shown below:Nothing in our security stack is flagging as malicious or blocking anything...
  4. Microsoft .Net Runtime UAC Pops Up Every Few Minutes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PowerShell tab pops up and closes immediately every few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerShell tab pops up and closes immediately every few minutes: Recently my PowerShell tabs keeps popping up and close immediately every few minutes for some reason its been driving me crazy. Is there anyway of fixing it ?the tab syswow64 windowspowershell v1.0 powershell.exethank you in advance...
  6. PowerShell tab pops up and closes immediately every few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PowerShell tab pops up and closes immediately every few minutes: Recently my PowerShell tabs keeps popping up and close immediately every few minutes for some reason its been driving me crazy. Is there anyway of fixing it ?the tab syswow64 windowspowershell v1.0 powershell.exethank you in advance...
  7. Powershell Closing Immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell Closing Immediately: I've looked all of the the internet and I cannot find any information that applies to this situation. Powershell closes immediately upon starting. When I run it in Command Prompt I get the following: Windows PowerShell terminated with the following error: Unable to...
  8. Notification popping up then disappearing every few minutes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notification popping up then disappearing every few minutes.: At random time intervals, usually between a few minutes to an hour, I get a notification saying: "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub... Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access...
  9. PowerShell closes immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PowerShell closes immediately: I am simply trying to open PowerShell and the application closes instantly. This happens when I try opening it as an Admin. I tried input command 'powershell /' on command prompt in admin mode. it gives me an error: The shell cannot be started. A failure occurred during...
  10. A White window keeps popping up every few minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    A White window keeps popping up every few minutes: As the title says, I keep getting a white window that pops up around every 5-10 minutes or so. The window is completely blank and is resizable. It stays on my screen for around 10 seconds and then disappears. I attached a picture of a screenshot for you guys to see. I need...