Windows 10: Powershell task kill

Discus and support Powershell task kill in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have several meeting rooms setup to empty the Outlook mailbox when its closed. So im trying to have a powershell script close Outlook after office... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ritchie Thorn, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Powershell task kill

I have several meeting rooms setup to empty the Outlook mailbox when its closed. So im trying to have a powershell script close Outlook after office hours but if you PS C:\> Stop-Process -Name "outlook" it just kills outlook where as if you manually close it a prompt comes up with an OK box saying inbox will be emptied are you ok with this or something along those linesIs there a way to have it hit OK for me and close?Thank you!

:)

Ritchie Thorn, Feb 7, 2022
  2. imanalien Win User

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Feb 7, 2022
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    PowerShell randomly poping-up in tool bar

Hello,

Just to verify, do you have any scheduled tasks that uses Powershell? Scheduled tasks makes Powershell window appear periodically on your computer, therefore we suggest that you check the Task Scheduler. Here are the steps:

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on

Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

If the issue still persist, we suggest that you run a Windows Defender scan to see if it will pick up any malware that the first scan missed.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Feb 7, 2022
  4. Gino Des Win User

Powershell task kill

Windows powershell randomly popping up.

Hi Fabian,

Scheduled tasks that use Powershell can cause the Powershell window to appear periodically on your computer. We suggest that you check the Task Scheduler.

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on
      Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

Malware can also cause this issue. We suggest that you use Windows Defender or a third-party security software to scan your system.

Keep us updated with the results.

Gino Des, Feb 7, 2022
Thema:

Powershell task kill

1. Powershell task kill - Similar Threads - Powershell task kill

2. 4 powershell tasks increasing CPU usage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    4 powershell tasks increasing CPU usage.: Every minute, 4 powershell tasks appearing and increases Cpu usage from 5% to 40-50%. Maybe this is because i have i9-12900K and it has P-cores and E-cores? Tere are some screenshots......
  3. Powershell task kill

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell task kill: I have several meeting rooms setup to empty the Outlook mailbox when its closed. So im trying to have a powershell script close Outlook after office hours but if you PS C:\> Stop-Process -Name "outlook" it just kills outlook where as if you manually close it a prompt comes up...
  4. Powershell task kill

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell task kill: I have several meeting rooms setup to empty the Outlook mailbox when its closed. So im trying to have a powershell script close Outlook after office hours but if you PS C:\> Stop-Process -Name "outlook" it just kills outlook where as if you manually close it a prompt comes up...
  5. Is there a task management tool/setting that permits only restarting but not killing of tasks?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a task management tool/setting that permits only restarting but not killing of tasks?: I am using the anti-distraction app "Freedom blocker" - which, as long as it is running in the background blocks distractions. It comes with a feature that blocks access to task manager for the duration of the block session so youc can't force kill your session. Ideally I...
  6. Latest update killed my task bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update killed my task bar: I just update my windows 10. After update, my task bar would not work. I cannot use Windows + I or Windows +R. The window icon would not bring start up. The search bar does not work. I had to use File Manager > Computer properties > Restore backup. I am now afraid...
  7. PowerShell task?

PowerShell task?: Yo guys I can't get any further. The user specifies the name of a file to be archived. The program checks whether the file exists. If no, an error message is displayed and the program is terminated. The user specifies the target directory in which the file is to...
  8. Someone killed cortana and searchUI.exe task from task manager

in Cortana
    Someone killed cortana and searchUI.exe task from task manager: I was so happy with my newly upgraded laptop...but something weird happened after a month... This happened last week when I tried to search paint on windows search bar...but it didn't even open... I thought the PC was a little slow so I shut it down... and next day same...
  9. Create a scheduled task with PowerShell

Create a scheduled task with PowerShell: Hello Microsoft team, I would like to create a scheduled task to restart PC on a daily basis. This would be run on a multiple devices running Windows 10. I think it's pretty handy to have it as a script via PowerShell ISE so I don't have to always create a tasks in all...
  10. Endless BSODs + Tasks Being Killed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Endless BSODs + Tasks Being Killed: Issues have started over a month ago when I'd randomly get a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD every couple days. The BSODs became more and more common until I decided to just reinstall W10 with a fresh reformat. Didn't change anything, so I tried installing W10 on my other SSD...